Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa67

To each his own but there have been posts about people having things stolen at CC. And the CMs have no idea who a particular bag belongs to so, as far as they are concerned, the person rummaging may be the owner.

Not a camera but several years ago a couple we were cruising with bought their littles a bucket of sand toys on the island and someone walked off with it.
Ugh!! What is wrong with people!!???

Amber
amberann6783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
slatterie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783 View Post
That to me sounds like kids walking by and picking it up which is what I would think most thefts are - kids doing it because they can and no parents around.
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie

That to me sounds like kids walking by and picking it up which is what I would think most thefts are - kids doing it because they can and no parents around.
You're probably right

Amber
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
What does everyone do with their bag (full of camera, some cash/credit card, etc) on Castaway Cay when you are snorkeling?
Are there lockers? Do cast members at snorkel gear rental hold them? Do you trust? I wouldn't enjoy snorkeling if Im looking back at my stuff worrying the whole time!
Thank you for asking! I was wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csgrandma View Post
A Kyss bag can be locked to your chair. Google it, or someone more computer savvy can lead you to the right posts. I found it on here and ordered one right away. It locks and attaches to your chair. Brilliant!
So can you do this and leave the bag, your towels, etc. while snorkeling and no one will get mad that you are "saving" chairs? Just want to make sure how it works - it is our first cruise.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Our 1st cruise too... So many questions! 😃
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Thank you for asking! I was wondering the same thing.

So can you do this and leave the bag, your towels, etc. while snorkeling and no one will get mad that you are "saving" chairs? Just want to make sure how it works - it is our first cruise.
Keeping your stuff on the chairs while you are there using the beach/pool isn't saving. Saving is when grandma comes up to the pool deck at 6:30 in the morning (or is first off the ship at CC) and places a book on one chair, a hat on another, a flip-flop each on 2 different chairs, and some sunglasses on yet another chair, and then returns to the room to catch a little more sleep, returning later (most likely after lunch) to claim "her" spots for "whoever may be checking in during the day".

When DH & I are at CC, we use 2 chairs. When we go into the water, we leave our hats, shoes, books, on the chairs, as we are still there - just getting wet. When we leave the area to eat lunch, check out bikes, whatever, we take our stuff with us and get new chairs when we return.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Keeping your stuff on the chairs while you are there using the beach/pool isn't saving. Saving is when grandma comes up to the pool deck at 6:30 in the morning (or is first off the ship at CC) and places a book on one chair, a hat on another, a flip-flop each on 2 different chairs, and some sunglasses on yet another chair, and then returns to the room to catch a little more sleep, returning later (most likely after lunch) to claim "her" spots for "whoever may be checking in during the day".

When DH & I are at CC, we use 2 chairs. When we go into the water, we leave our hats, shoes, books, on the chairs, as we are still there - just getting wet. When we leave the area to eat lunch, check out bikes, whatever, we take our stuff with us and get new chairs when we return.
Thank you.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
WilsonsAfloat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783 View Post
My ODD "stole" a bucket at the beach, but she was 3 and thought everything was for the taking if she just asked - even if no one heard her. But I still agree that even amongst fellow cruisers, there are always people with a little clepto in them - even if they can totally afford it.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

I don't think there is an issue with bringing a camera. Just keep it out of sight. I don't think anyone on CC is going to dig through a bag of t-shirts, towels, etc. trying to find a cameral to steal. Just take your stuff with you (in a beach bag or backpack) when you leave the beach area to eat, etc.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
Upcoming Cruise: 7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #25
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyearInTampa
I don't think there is an issue with bringing a camera. Just keep it out of sight. I don't think anyone on CC is going to dig through a bag of t-shirts, towels, etc. trying to find a cameral to steal. Just take your stuff with you (in a beach bag or backpack) when you leave the beach area to eat, etc.
That was my initial thought, but never been on a cruise so wasn't for sure! Thx, makes me feel a little better!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyearInTampa
This is what I meant!

Amber
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonsAfloat

My ODD "stole" a bucket at the beach, but she was 3 and thought everything was for the taking if she just asked - even if no one heard her. But I still agree that even amongst fellow cruisers, there are always people with a little clepto in them - even if they can totally afford it.
Totally understandable! I have an almost 3 year old. And it's not like they can tell you the exact spot they got it from to return it.

Amber

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: