Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

MuppetVision 3D

Ok, so I don't always go to MuppetVision 3D, but it has been over a year since I have been able to go due to all of the previews/special shows that they have been running in the theater lately. Lately they have been running them all day long.

Like I said, I don't always go, but I would like the option. Anyboidy else agree or disagree?
cmwade77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Well I do love Muppets, even find myself singing Muppets songs thru the day but I can see where people might get tired of same ol', same ol'... Now we get a free commercial for Oz...and while I am, looking forward to the movie- not convinced I need to see yet another commercial....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Personally I try to go once per trip, it's fun!
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Ok, so I don't always go to MuppetVision 3D, but it has been over a year since I have been able to go due to all of the previews/special shows that they have been running in the theater lately. Lately they have been running them all day long.

Like I said, I don't always go, but I would like the option. Anyboidy else agree or disagree?
I miss Muppets and wish they wouldn't do the special previews! We were lucky last weekend because the theater was supposed to be dark, but the Oz install hadn't started yet, so Muppets was up and running.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

My family loves the Muppet 3D movie -- I had no idea they were replacing it with ads and previews...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

We were soooooooooo miffed that they were doing the Frankenweenie preview when we were there in October. My husband LOVES the muppets. (I do to, just not to the extent he does). Of course it opened the day AFTER our last day. If they do that again when we are there this summer, I will be sorely disappointed. We had to settle for taking pics of the outside.
RavenRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

Seems to me they should build a theater specifically for previews. If they are doing this that often, us customers that want to see it shouldn't have to be disappointed because they decided to show a movie preview instead.
RavenRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
23bw
Mouseketeer

Not a fan of the show but my kids enjoyed it. Saw it once in the last 6 visits. To me it's not much different than watching it on TV. If they decide to do something else with the theater, I won't miss it.

Last edited by 23bw; 02-15-2013 at 07:04 PM.
23bw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
DaveNinja
Mouseketeer

my wife and I love the Muppets show but our kids dont care for it (or hate it). I dont know what happened, haha. My son hads Waldo or whatever the 3D effect guy is; he hides his eyes when hes on the screen
Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #10
Sandan77
Mouseketeer

So I see they are doing Oz preview while we are there, does this mean no muppets??
Sandan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Hey CMWADE! Loooong time!

And yeah I generally agree with you although I PERSONNALLY have seen enough of the show both at DLR and WDW that it doesnt bother me its always being replaced by a promotional film. I would probably watch it 1-2 times a year tops anyway.

But yes, that said, they should either just GET RID OF IT completely if attendence is really that low OR just come up with a way to divide the time between that and the latest promotion, like at least have the movies each presented a few days a week or maybe split it up both in a single day. Like either rotate the movie on a Monday Wednesday and Saturday schedule (just an example) or do it like Electronica where it stayed open everyday until a certain time and the promotion takes over the rest of the day.

But I'm guessing attendance is just SO bad for Muppets there are probably few people who notices or complain and honestly every preview I seen, and I seen them all so far minus the Oz one since I havent been in the park in months, they always have a much bigger crowd. I mean its something different and its for a limited time so people go! Muppets the movie technically been around for over 20 years now! Thats crazy lol.

So I say if attendance is that bad, either replace it with a permanent new film or just make that theater a promotional sort of theater. OR maybe where they can show special Disney films like I heard they showed Lady and the Tramp at DL for Aps! Maybe do that for this theater. Show a classic Disney film a few times a day for a few weeks or something and change it over, live or animation. Disney can show a different classic Disney film every 2-3 weeks for YEARS and would never have to repeat much. And hey, it fits the theme perfectly of you going to see a classical movie in Hollywood!

Have to be better than making Muppets take a backseat every 3-4 weeks like they been doing if people are just tired of it.

Last edited by fctiger; 02-16-2013 at 08:27 AM.
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

I heard from a CM that Kodak is pulling their sponsorship of Muppets soon so it will be going away for good. Wonder if that's why they're doing so many movie previews in there now.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandan77 View Post
So I see they are doing Oz preview while we are there, does this mean no muppets??
yes.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

I liked the way they did it with Tron. It was Muppets during the day and Tron at night. If they returned to this setup, I think it would work well. When they did that Muppets was more popular than ever and Tron was very popular.
cmwade77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
julesann
Mouseketeer

Where do you find what is playing in the Muppets theatre? I am curious to see what is playing while I am there in early March. I had hoped to see Muppets 3d for my first time.
julesann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: