Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
phi2012
Mouseketeer

how do credits get allocated to a ddp party?

Hi,

im not sure quite how the dining credits get redeemed When at Disney.

We are a party of 4 adults a 2 children (only 1 of them is on the dining plan though). We are all staying together at okw in a 1 bed villa so on the same reservation. We will be eating some meals together but not all. A lot of counter service meals especially will not be eaten together.

How does Disney track who has used what? For example if we wanted to do a signature restaurant and they (sister and hubby) wanted to do an extra counter service meal, could we swap our credits?

Also will snacks work the same way? Will we just be given 75 credits in a lump for our 15 night stay?

I also thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use more than you room allocation of credits in one day, so for example if on one day we wanted to eat at 2 counter service restaurants would that be ok as it would use 8 credits for me and my kids.

Sorry I hope these questions make sense, I just want to make sure that I've got it right that between ourselves, the party of 6, we can eat and use our credits how and when we wish.

Thanks and hope someone can confirm for me.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

They are allocated as one large lump sum total at the beginning of your trip and for the entire group. The credits do not get allocated to idividual cards; they are all pooled and accessible via any KTTW card from the same room. So yes, your family could go to a signature restaurant and pay using credits while your sister and her DH went to a CS restaurant using CS credits. It's the total number of credits used that are tracked, not how many per card.

There is no limitation to how many of each type of credit that you can use on any given day. If you were able to eat that much, you could even use the credits from all 7 nights in one day (though you'd probably need to get your stomach pumped but you get the point LOL). The only restriction for using the credits is that typically they will not let you use more credits IN A SINGLE PURCHASE than the number of people listed on the KTTW card. So, with your 4 adults and 1 child (that's what the KTTW card will show when one of the kids is under 3 and therefore free), a cashier would only let you pay for 4 adult meals and 1 child meal at a time.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: