Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
blinkangel44
Mouseketeer

Splitting check amongst multiple credit cards?

So this isn't exactly a Disney-specific question, but it did come up when friends and I went out for drinks last night. Some of us will be in Disney 2 weeks from now, so thought it would be good to ask (for Disney and in general!).

Any waiters/waittresses out there? Really curious what your experience/preferences are when it comes to this!

When splitting the check or bill at a restaurant amongst multiple credit cards, does it make a difference to the server if you tell him to split it evenly across all cards or write down precise amounts to charge to each card? Or what about charging $20 to 4 cards and $10 to 1 card? (Is that more difficult for the waiter to do than splitting evenly i.e. $18 per card?) I do always try to carry cash around for these situations, but sometimes they do still arise. Definitely not trying to make the server's life miserable... ultimately at the end of the day it is his job to accept payment. But what's easiest for him? (Nevermind the hassles of people paying for more/less of their fair share, figuring out who owes someone else $, etc.)

I'm a broke college student, so these situations are pretty common. Just wondering how the waitstaff feel about the issue!

(Also, I've read online that splitting a check is even more hassle-- better off giving multiple cards at the end than one card per individual itemized check.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: