Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #136
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 751

I booked this morning after 930a

May 19 - EBTA - 2A/1C Cat 7A - No disc, no transf and no ins - $3,129.33 ... $1,200 per adt $552.00 chd and $177.33 taxes and fees

Sept 6- WBTA - 2A/1C Cat 7A - No disc, no transf and no ins - $3,278.66... $1,200 per adt $644.00 chd and $234.66 taxes and fees

Oct 11 - Southern 2A/1C Cat 7A - No disc, no transf and no ins - $3,420.66... $1,330 per Adt $532.00 chd and $228.66 taxes and fees

The price has gone up on the southern already, looks like it's going to be very popular. We might do them all, but, most likely we will do the EBTA and the Southern.
__________________
My is 5yrs old. She is very lucky little girl who Mickey as much as mommy.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points

Last edited by E-P-C-O-T; 02-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.
E-P-C-O-T is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #137
redsonja76
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 190

4 night Med cruise August 7th, 2014. 3A1C, cat 9B, $3193.52 no ins no air.
__________________
redsonja76 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #138
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!
 
All Things Simba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hartland, WI
Posts: 289

Nee to fix a reservation price difference

So we have our 10/11/2014 Southern Caribbean cruise booked through our travel agent. She said she booked it as soon as she got my email this morning. At that time the total for the booking was $3,358.44.

2A, Cat. 5B, no insurance, no transfers or OBB.

But, when she emailed the confirmation to me the total was $3,456.44.

I know the pricing went up $98 in the 4 hours I was watching DCL online this morning, but she said she booked it for us right away.

I called DCL, but they won't talk pricing with me as it's under a TA.
I've already asked my TA to have the price adjusted...
Do you think she'll be able to get it corrected or am I out $98 because I used a TA and didn't wait on the phone with DCL this morning?
__________________
WDW/DCL Vacations:
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

All Things Simba is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #139
JoyB-UK
Mouseketeer
 
JoyB-UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 432

26th July 2014. 12 night Med Barcelona round trip

2 adults/ 1 child (15) cat 11B $6314.10 (2,343.60/2,343.60/1,436.40) with OBB
Taxes & Fees $190
__________________
Walt Disney World - 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012
Hong Kong Disney - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland - 2011
Disney Cruise Line - 2010, 2011, 2013
Upcoming Cruise - 12 night Disney Magic Med July 2014 B2B 4 night Disney Magic Med August 2014
Other Cruises - Vision of the Seas 2012, Adventure of the Seas 2013, Independence of the Seas 2013
JoyB-UK is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #140
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Things Simba View Post
So we have our 10/11/2014 Southern Caribbean cruise booked through our travel agent. She said she booked it as soon as she got my email this morning. At that time the total for the booking was $3,358.44.

2A, Cat. 5B, no insurance, no transfers or OBB.

But, when she emailed the confirmation to me the total was $3,456.44.

I know the pricing went up $98 in the 4 hours I was watching DCL online this morning, but she said she booked it for us right away.

I called DCL, but they won't talk pricing with me as it's under a TA.
I've already asked my TA to have the price adjusted...
Do you think she'll be able to get it corrected or am I out $98 because I used a TA and didn't wait on the phone with DCL this morning?
Did she send you an agency confirmation of $3,358.44? Or is that what you saw on your computer when you e-mailed her? If she sent you some type of agency confirmation of the price, sounds like she owes you some money. If you just saw it on your computer, but she didn't book it until later, sounds like you got the higher price and DCL would not correct that. I suppose you could ask her about it, but prices are subject to availability, subject to change at any time and not guaranteed until booked, so, yes, maybe you should have booked it yourself as soon as you saw the price.

Prices have been fluctuating all day, so it really was catch as catch can. If she waited 30 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, who knows what it was going to be. I was watching the 2-bedroom suite from 8 am this morning to this afternoon and not only did availability keep changing but the price went up $3,000 for 4 people.
Marthasor is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #141
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,743

At 8 am:

7/14/14
12-night Med, Venice to Barcelona
Cat R, 3A 1C $40,206.16
no discount, no insurance, with gov't fees

At 1 pm:

7/14/14
12-night Med, Venice to Barcelona
Cat S, 3A 1C $36,318.16
no discount, no insurance, with gov't fees
(was around $33,000 at 8 am)
Marthasor is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #142
All Things Simba
Can't stop taking photographs!
 
All Things Simba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hartland, WI
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Did she send you an agency confirmation of $3,358.44? Or is that what you saw on your computer when you e-mailed her? If she sent you some type of agency confirmation of the price, sounds like she owes you some money. If you just saw it on your computer, but she didn't book it until later, sounds like you got the higher price and DCL would not correct that. I suppose you could ask her about it, but prices are subject to availability, subject to change at any time and not guaranteed until booked, so, yes, maybe you should have booked it yourself as soon as you saw the price.

Prices have been fluctuating all day, so it really was catch as catch can. If she waited 30 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, who knows what it was going to be. I was watching the 2-bedroom suite from 8 am this morning to this afternoon and not only did availability keep changing but the price went up $3,000 for 4 people.
The reservation confirmation that my TA emailed me ($3,456.44) came directly from DCL, on DCL stationary, so I assumed they just printed it out with the current rate at the time (not the rate at the time of actual booking). What I saw on my computer for 4 hrs. was the lower rate of $3,358.44. So I'm thinking my TA can call them and have it adjusted if she can tell them what time she booked and have them confirm the price of the cruise at that time.... right!?

I can't believe a reservation can go up $3K! Holy cow!
__________________
WDW/DCL Vacations:
8/99-CSR, 1/02-CBR, 2/04-POP, 8/05-DCL Panama Canal Cruise!, 12/07-AKL & POLY for Christmas, 1/09-POFQ & DCL Eastern w/St. Croix!, 10/09 POFQ WDW for Halloween & DCL Halloween Cruise, 4/13-POP Girls trip to WDW for the Epcot F&G Festival!, 10/13-WDW for Halloween and DCL Eastern for niece's wedding on Castaway Cay! 2/14-1st trip to Disneyland!, 1/15-2nd trip to Disneyland.

All Things Simba is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #143
happy55girl
Mouseketeer
 
happy55girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delta, BC Canada
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Things Simba View Post
The reservation confirmation that my TA emailed me ($3,456.44) came directly from DCL, on DCL stationary, so I assumed they just printed it out with the current rate at the time (not the rate at the time of actual booking). What I saw on my computer for 4 hrs. was the lower rate of $3,358.44. So I'm thinking my TA can call them and have it adjusted if she can tell them what time she booked and have them confirm the price of the cruise at that time.... right!?

I can't believe a reservation can go up $3K! Holy cow!
Hopefully your TA is smart and watches. I know the room I booked this am continues to fluctuate between a $100 difference. When it's lower she should be able to adjust your reservation. Good luck!
__________________
Melissa

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #144
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"
 
MichelleVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 8,944

7 night Mediterranean
5/31/14, Cat 11C, 2A, $2,410.16 total, No transfers/discounts/insurance
__________________
MichelleVW is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #145
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride
 
pouncingpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Hamden, CT
Posts: 2,181

10/11/14
cat 4E 2A,1C (age 3) 4311.06 including insurance (no air, transfers, OBB)
__________________
Our Fairy Tale Wedding - November 5, 2005
pouncingpluto is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #146
lark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,793

Day 2 booking 6/14 BCN to VCE with OBC, both 1A 1C. 7A -- 7930.64. 11B -- 4625.84. The 7A seems to be the same as other reports of day 1 pricing. I am not sure about the 11B.
lark is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #147
horizons1983
Horizons 1 is now departing.
 
horizons1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 91

Southern Caribbean 9/27/14, Category 11B, 2 Adults, $2182 no anything (discounts, insurance, obc, transfers, air, etc.)
__________________
Disney Magic 2003 -- Disney Wonder 2010 -- Disney Dream 2011 -- Disney Fantasy 2012 -- Carnival Ecstasy 2012 -- Jewel of the Seas 2013 -- Disney Dream 2013 -- Norwegian Dawn 2013 -- Royal Princess 2014 -- Disney Magic 2014 -- Disney Dream 2014 -- Regal Princess 2015 -- Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015

horizons1983 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #148
degrapevine
Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
 
degrapevine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Valrico, FL (60 Miles West of WDW)
Posts: 568

06/14/2014
12 Night Barcelona to Venice
2 Adults
10A (5520 - Secret Porthole Room!)
$6332.24
OBB, No Air, No Transfers

Thrilled to have our TA get us a secret porthole room for our 25th anniversary cruise! We really like to be on Deck 5 or above, so we had them compare prices for a 9A for us and it was about $1K more. We'll take the obstructed view outside room for the inside price, thank you.
__________________
Magic 12 Night Med - 2014, Dream 3 Nt. - 11/21/13, Fantasy 7 Nt. - 06/08/13, Dream 3 Nt. - 11/29/12, Dream 3 Nt. - 10/18/12, Magic 5 Nt. NY to Canada - 06/17/12, Dream 3 Nt. - 12/15/11, Dream 3 Nt. 09/22/11, Dream 5 Nt. - 06/12/11, Wonder 3 Nt. - 12/16/10, Wonder 4 Nt. - 04/11/10, Wonder 3 Nt. - 12/17/09, Wonder 4 Nt. - 11/15/09, Wonder 3 Nt. - 07/09/09, Magic 7 Nt. to St. Maarten - 06/06/09, Wonder 3 Nt. - 11/6/08, Wonder 3 Nt. - 6/19/08, Wonder 3 Nt. - 5/8/08, WDW FW - 12/07, WDW ASM - 10/07, Wonder 4 Nt. - 12/17/06, WDW FW - 12/06, DLR - Disneyland Hotel - 03/06, WDW FW - 12/05, DLR - Residence Inn - 06/05, WDW Contemporary - 12/04, WDW Wilderness Lodge - 03/04, WDW Contemporary - 12/03, WDW Yacht Club - 12/03, WDW Contemporary - 12/97-2002, WDW Caribbean Beach Club - 12/96
... and many, many day trips as WDW Passholders!

Woo hoo! Rose is a PLATINUM DCL CC MEMBER NOW!

Our "Devine" Crew - DH (David), Me (Rose), Eric (DS18), Patrick (DS14), and Gina (DD12)
degrapevine is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #149
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 676

WBTA Sept 6
2Adults
Cat 5 Deck 7
With 10%
$2949
$200 OBC

Does anyone know if you get more OBC on a 14 dy cruise?
HappyGrumpy is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #150
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Things Simba View Post
The reservation confirmation that my TA emailed me ($3,456.44) came directly from DCL, on DCL stationary, so I assumed they just printed it out with the current rate at the time (not the rate at the time of actual booking). What I saw on my computer for 4 hrs. was the lower rate of $3,358.44. So I'm thinking my TA can call them and have it adjusted if she can tell them what time she booked and have them confirm the price of the cruise at that time.... right!?

I can't believe a reservation can go up $3K! Holy cow!
The reservation confirmation shows the price at the time of actual booking. That is your current price for the cruise. Perhaps if it goes down again, she will be able to adjust, but your confirmation reflects the price the TA got when she actually booked the cruise. You may want to just tell her you thought your were getting the lower price - the one you saw when you e-mailed her - and it's now higher. See if she comes back to you with a price adjustment or perhaps some onboard credit to make up the difference.
Marthasor is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.