DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #181
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie23 View Post
Sooooo confused! If I have two adults, two seven year olds, and two infants, can we stay in ANY one bedroom?? The infants don't count anywhere else and we don't need the extra sleeper bed. If they only allow four + an infant and not four + 2 infants...this doesn't really make sense to me. Thanks for any info on this situation!
When you have more than one child under the age of three, only one will not count towards occupancy. All the rest will. So, like Chuck says, you are a family of five plus one. Once your little ones turn three, you will be a family of six unless you pick up a few more babies along the way.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #182
Winnie23
Earning My Ears

Ha! No more babies here!! They keep surprising us...coming by twos! I know two bedrooms are in our future and I'm glad some one bedrooms will still have us. Just wish we had more hotel options! We love Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge! Funny that you can put five large adults in one room, but two infants puts you over!
Winnie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #183
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

I think I have asked this question before, but I can't find the answer, so here it goes. We are on a waiting list for BCV and when we get our points I am wondering if a studio or 1 BR will hold 3 adults and 2 children age 7?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #184
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
I think I have asked this question before, but I can't find the answer, so here it goes. We are on a waiting list for BCV and when we get our points I am wondering if a studio or 1 BR will hold 3 adults and 2 children age 7?
You would need a 1-bedroom. All though the stated occupancy for a BCV 1-bedroom is 4 plus one under the age of 3, DVC will allow 5 over the age of three to be on the reservation.

DVC will only allow 4 plus one under the age of 3 on a reservation for a Studio.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #185
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

To add to what Michael said, a Beach Club One Bedroom has a king size bed and a queen size sofabed in the living room. The resort will not provide any additional bedding (cots, rollaways, air beds, etc.) You will have to make your own arrangements if your party will not be comfortable in the accommodations provided.

One Bedroom villas at Old Key West, Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Villa (non Value rooms) are larger and have a twin-size sleeper chair for a 5th guest.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #186
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

Anyone recommend a decent cheep air mattress ? DS 15 does not want to sleep in pull out with DD 12.

Thinking of getting a cheap one on Amamzon delivered to DVC and either laave it there or pass it along to someone.

How do you deal with this situation?
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #187
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1182 View Post
We either book a resort like OKW, BLT, AKV, VGC which has the twin sleeper chair or simply book a Two Bedroom Villa.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #188
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

1 BR would be fine for us, My eldest daughter can sleep in the same bed as my twins which wouldnot bother her she did it before when we were there last.
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #189
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano1182 View Post
Anyone recommend a decent cheep air mattress ? DS 15 does not want to sleep in pull out with DD 12.

Thinking of getting a cheap one on Amamzon delivered to DVC and either laave it there or pass it along to someone.

Just get a twin sized aerobed and it will have a carrying bag with it. It rolls up really small and you could carry it on the plane if you are flying.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #190
Jeff1805
Earning My Ears

DVC - Family of 5

I am on the lookout for purchasing into DVC. Although we are looking at OKW, we are open to other resort options. My concern is housing our family of 5 with our youngest being 5. Most of the options jump from 4 to 8. Is it possible/permissible to put 5 in a 1 bedroom? If not, what other options exist?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #191
drusba

DIS Veteran

You are permitted to have 5 in a 1BR. However, only the 1BRs at OKW, BLT and AKV (other than value rooms) have bedding for five (each of those has a sleeper chair in the living room besides the pull-out couch). For other resorts you need to bring a sleeping bag, air mattress, or something else.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #192
queendarvet
Mouseketeer

The 1 bedroom villas at Bay Lake and Kidani Village have a 2nd full bath. This would come in handy for a family of five.
queendarvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #193
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendarvet
The 1 bedroom villas at Bay Lake and Kidani Village have a 2nd full bath. This would come in handy for a family of five.
This.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #194
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

We were a family of 5 when we purchased. My kids were then 5, 3 and 1. I bought enough points for a 1BR in BLT for an EOY trip. So far we have stayed at AKV Jambo 1 BR, OKW 2 BR and VGC 1 BR.

Now we are a family of 6, and still book 1BR @ BCV and BWV. We'll probably do this until our youngest is 3 then we'll have to move to 2BRs. Otherwise, 1 BRs have always been the plan.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #195
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

It may be because two of mine are teenagers but I would hate to do 5 in a 1 bedroom, we always try and bank and borrow and go less often so when we do we can have a 2 bedroom
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: