Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
rszdtrvl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
I tried to do one personalized day on TP last night, but I wasn't too impressed with how they 'optimized' it. They send me to Soarin' and GRR before going to RSR, and that was with EMH. Does that make any sense whatsoever?
I don't know??

We have a touring plan set for Monday - arrival at 2pm (we just estimated when we would hit the park - our plane lands at 11am, and from there we are going to the hotel and then lunch.

The beginning of our plan is :
Soarin Fastpass
RSR
Luigi
Twilight Zone Fastpass
rszdtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszdtrvl View Post
I don't know??

We have a touring plan set for Monday - arrival at 2pm (we just estimated when we would hit the park - our plane lands at 11am, and from there we are going to the hotel and then lunch.

The beginning of our plan is :
Soarin Fastpass
RSR
Luigi
Twilight Zone Fastpass
Hmmm, that might be OK with a mid-day start, although I would first go see if there are any RSR FP's left. Probably unlikely, but I would think worth checking.

On our Monday (the day I was doing), we arrive early with EMH.
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Does that make any sense whatsoever?
It might. You can get the WOC/Soarin' FPs very quickly, and then hop in line for RSR FPs. Your return time for RSR will be later, but maybe still doable.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
It might. You can get the WOC/Soarin' FPs very quickly, and then hop in line for RSR FPs. Your return time for RSR will be later, but maybe still doable.
It actually said to the the rides first, and then listed going to get the FP's later in the day as a separate step. Very strange, didn't make much sense to me.

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
Ljbadfan
table #71

I stood my early entry 2 days ago, for 1 hour in the fp line for racers. I happened to be about 10th person in line. We got our passes, walked by the line to check the length and it was passed the circle going down Hollywood street, past off the page. If you you don't get there before or when it opens, they still are running out of passes in an hour time. If you come mid-day, you won't get an fp pass.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #21
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
It actually said to the the rides first, and then listed going to get the FP's later in the day as a separate step. Very strange, didn't make much sense to me.

Thanks for the input.
They probably listed the rides first because you can't get FP's during EMH, right?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #22
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried to do one personalized day on TP last night, but I wasn't too impressed with how they 'optimized' it. They send me to Soarin' and GRR before going to RSR, and that was with EMH. Does that make any sense whatsoever?
That seems odd to me. I don't know that is how I would work it. I would do the wide-right to RSRs first, then hit TSMM before hopping in line for a RSR FP five minutes before park opening...that's just me, though...
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
That seems odd to me. I don't know that is how I would work it. I would do the wide-right to RSRs first, then hit TSMM before hopping in line for a RSR FP five minutes before park opening...that's just me, though...
That is exactly what I was thinking. Or sending dh and kids on RSR and TSMM while I go fastpass wait/run (or scooter actually with my knee injury . . . ARGH).

How wild is RSR? I also have a bad back (and motion sickness) and only do Jungle Cruise, IASW, etc. Haven't been since Little Mermaid opened, so hope to do that. Got on TSMM last time because dh said it was "gentle" and wanted to strangle him about 10 seconds in when it was whipping me around like crazy! So I kind of doubt I would tolerate RSR.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is exactly what I was thinking. Or sending dh and kids on RSR and TSMM while I go fastpass wait/run (or scooter actually with my knee injury . . . ARGH).

How wild is RSR? I also have a bad back (and motion sickness) and only do Jungle Cruise, IASW, etc. Haven't been since Little Mermaid opened, so hope to do that. Got on TSMM last time because dh said it was "gentle" and wanted to strangle him about 10 seconds in when it was whipping me around like crazy! So I kind of doubt I would tolerate RSR.
If TSMM bothers you, I would avoid RSR also. They are totally different rides, but this is my comparison: My mom loves TSMM, but the wind and ups and downs in RSR made her trigeminal neuralgia act up. It is a rather smooth ride, but does get fast, with wind, ups and downs and banking at the end. Oddly enough, DH gets motion sick in general and RSR is his favorite ride (he also likes TSMM - it's an overall favorite for our group).
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
If TSMM bothers you, I would avoid RSR also. They are totally different rides, but this is my comparison: My mom loves TSMM, but the wind and ups and downs in RSR made her trigeminal neuralgia act up. It is a rather smooth ride, but does get fast, with wind, ups and downs and banking at the end. Oddly enough, DH gets motion sick in general and RSR is his favorite ride (he also likes TSMM - it's an overall favorite for our group).
That is a big help, thanks! I thought the game part of TSMM was really cool, but the whipping around was definitely not good for me. I even get really motion sick on Soarin'. Good thing I like to take pictures and shop while my family gets on the rides.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #26
Ljbadfan
table #71

The early entry the wide right didn't work. They were making you stay on the street and behind the rope. You couldn't get off the black top. As for the day I waited for the fast pass racers was broke down, that early morning. They got it running after 10am which the normal park hour that day it opened at 10am. I got my fast pass, which said to come at 10:40am - 11:40am. After the rest of the park people got inline the wait was over 2 hrs long. Not counting the wait time of 1 hr I waited for the pass I still had a 10 minute wait in the fp line to get on the ride. As we got off the ride the line was going towards the pier towards the Carsland billboard. And at that time the fast passes were gone for the day.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #27
starshine514
DIS Veteran

The wide right can't work if the ride is broke down. If that occurs, I recommend enjoying another attraction or two before hopping into the FP line shortly before regular opening. We did the wide right for an APEE in January. We were second in line at our gate and easily made it to the rightmost part of the rope drop in DCA. Even with my slow walking DD5, we were amongst the first 50 people on the ride. I did notice that they were keeping people off the sidewalk when we were there for regular rope drop last week. DH volunteered to get us RSR FPs, so the girls and I were headed to TSMM anyway and didn't think much about trying to get to the front of the line (though we surely could have gotten much closer than we did. We stayed patiently behind the group with a stroller in front of us, but a ton of people went around us).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: