Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #361
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I got it when I went in October and was very happy with it. I also preordered it for when we go in March. If you do character meals you also get those pictures included. That is the main reason why we got the PP+.
Thanks for letting me know it's a worthy service!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #362
kangamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex

I don't know how you did it for that long! I love planning the surprise but it's not easy. We're hoping to cross the border and hit the Seattle airport before telling them (if the border guard allows it). They think we're spending a week in Seattle.
Well it helped that my kids are pretty young -- 1.5 and my oldest had just turned 5. We had never been, and my oldest spent that entire 8 months wishing we could go to Disneyland. I had told him "sorry but we can't" so many times that the surprise kind of fell flat at first because he didn't believe us that we were going! My whole family and all my inlaws were also in on it, and we all went.

Happy birthday to your partner Mikedoyleblogger! We will be there at about the same time, also for my 40th bday.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #363
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger

Thanks! I bought the advance PhotoPass+ package to make sure we have lots of on-ride photos and in-park photos of both of us together. Haven't used the service before, so hoping it's a good experience.
I did too. I'm excited to actually be in some pics.
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #364
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3 View Post
I did too. I'm excited to actually be in some pics.
Oh my gosh, that is so true for me as well . . . I am always behind the camera!!
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #365
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Totally, not even just behind the camera of my own photos, I sometimes feel like I spend most of my time offering to take other people's photos so they can be in them together. It's an easy habit to get into at DLR, especially if you're there alone.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH (HalloweenTime) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #366
oumagic
Mouseketeer

They have updated my week (March 18-22) with more entertainment It now has fireworks on the schedule. No F! but I was worried that we would not have fireworks since we are there Mon-Th. Also, Thursday they are open 9AM-11PM and 9AM-10PM Mon-Wed.

Anyway, it appears it will be busy like we were thinking. Many of the hotels seem to be full. We have reservations for Desert Inn if all 6 people go and BWPPI if our party ends up with only 4 people. We are excited!
oumagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #367
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumagic View Post
They have updated my week (March 18-22) with more entertainment It now has fireworks on the schedule. No F! but I was worried that we would not have fireworks since we are there Mon-Th. Also, Thursday they are open 9AM-11PM and 9AM-10PM Mon-Wed.

Anyway, it appears it will be busy like we were thinking. Many of the hotels seem to be full. We have reservations for Desert Inn if all 6 people go and BWPPI if our party ends up with only 4 people. We are excited!
I just noticed that as well! Means the crowds are expected but I'm really glad we won't have to do both on the Sunday, which is our first day. I hate having to rush around so this should be much less stressful.

SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #368
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

wow, we have lots of new people joining in on the March Madness! welcome to everyone!
we are getting so excited too !!!!!!! ready for some SUNSHINE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
I will be there March 4-7 and staying at the Fairfield Inn. All of my trips before have been in the fall and I'm excited to see Disney in a different season.
we will be there also until the 5th! hoping for some great weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Thanks and slight change to the dates. Arriving and checking in on the 28th. Excited to take advantage of the AP Extended Hours.

And trust me after last week's mess of doctors appointments, a double dose of Disney (going to be at WDW for the Princess the weekend before my CA trip) is exactly what I need.
woo-hoo to get the extra AP hours, we are just missing it...cool you are running at WDW too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmeCullen View Post
I'm going in mid March. Can't wait!
care to share your dates and hotel??? hope you have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto View Post
Hey March Board- lots of new people have joined us~ yea! If you want you can use this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/120351533/March-Mickey-Head to wear on your diaper bag/backpack to identify yourself as a March Dis board member! You can print, cut and glue to card board or print on cardstock.

After months and months of it seeming so far in the future- it is finally getting time to think about what to wear, what foods to pack, where to stop for breakfast on the way down...
I know, we are getting so excited! our friends who are meeting us got some extra pixie dust and are getting tickets for Saturday night (the 2nd) too, so we will do Goofy's Kitchen, then WofC
gave my DD her GC and new disney shirt this morning for Valentine's day, a happy girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I can not believe we will be in Disneyland in 24 days. I put in an order for a t shirt for everyone and also a gift card so my sister and BIL can buy a pair of mouse ears. I am going to put there bags together a day or two before we go.
we are at 15 days, need to get busy with packing this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex View Post
Yikes! We almost let the cat out of the bag yesterday (we're surprising our kids). Dh actually said "...when we go to Disney...." right in front of them! He immediately said "I mean, to Seattle" and they totally did not even bat an eye but how are we going to keep this a secret for another 30 days... AHHHHH!
oh no, hope you can keep the secret! will be so fun for you to see their faces when you finally tell them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla55 View Post
I will be taking my kids DS8, DD7 and will be in the parks March 25-28.

This is my second trip with the kids as a single Dad. We had a blast Thanksgiving week, and am expecting similar crowds next month.

My fingers are crossed their mom allows me to drive the kids down Sunday night from SF area, but as of now she claims its harder on the kids. I really want the full day on Monday, and don't particularly like leaving at 4AM, and hit the morning commute, plus lose a couple of early park hours. The kids told me last night she is considering it if they aren't sick. So I booked a night at CCI for Sunday just in case

We will be at Desert Inn &Suites 3/25 to 3/28 and I am so excited. My Mom is going with us, and I rented her a scooter

I know, my screen name is lame......
what a fun trip to take with your kiddos, hope it all works out getting there the night before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
We're going at the very beginning of March, in the parks the 1st through the 4th, leaving the 5th, right before (hopefully) the worst of the Spring Break crowds. We're celebrating my partner's 40th birthday--and he's never been to DLR (or any Disney park!), or even California, so I'm really looking forward to his reaction to it all. I'm very familiar with DL and at least the old version of DCA, and I've kind of been this trip-planning dervish for the past few weeks to make sure his 1st experience is a great one.

We're staying at the HoJo (also and old fave of mine), and planning to spend part of one or part of a couple of days doing a mad-dash tour of L.A. (Probably up the 5 and 101 to Hollywood & Highland, then the view from the Griffith Park Observatory, then down Santa Monica Blvd. so he can see the Pacific.) Though I'm secretly hoping he won't want to leave the resort ;-)
what a wonderful gift for your partner! definately go see the other sites too! you can make a fun day out of it and still get some park time in later that night!

Quote:
DH and I have successfully kept our staying at PPH a secret from the kids and my ILs (who are going with us). We've watched the vacation video so many times, and it's all I can do to not blurt out "we're staying there" when the kids see the hotel. I cannot wait to pull up to the hotel and surprise them. We'll pack swimsuits for sure.
always to fun to reveal the secret! I did that with my DD back in 2010 staying at GCH....we have gone so many times she knew the way to our usual hotel and when I didn't turn she told me I missed the turn, so I just brushed it off and said oops, and I'd turn around...when I pulled into the GCH parking lot she got SO EXCITED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
Thanks! I bought the advance PhotoPass+ package to make sure we have lots of on-ride photos and in-park photos of both of us together. Haven't used the service before, so hoping it's a good experience.
PP is the best! and have gotten my PP+ for our trips too, looking forward to having all the ride/restaurant photos on it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumagic View Post

yay you get to see the fireworks and the extra hours are nice too! bummer about no F! though.

will get all our new peeps added to the first post! enjoy the last minute planning everyone!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #369
Malroy
Mouseketeer

Ahhh!!! Friday is 3 weeks until we leave! we are spending time before and after we go to DLR in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting my sisters.

I can't WAIT! I just need to get my head in the game school wise (This is my last full time semester as an undergrad, and I am SWAMPED) and hunker down until its time to go!!!!

Completed TR: 1st Trip Report & DCA Proposal!

Previous trips:
WDW June 2012 // World Wide Sports
DLR March 2013 // FFI
Malroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #370
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Heads up March board- they changed the park hours and added fireworks all the way back to the 11th- maybe now we can finalize some plans???
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #371
Brassy5000
Good Livin'

Yikes, thats good and bad .. definately means they are expecting bigger crowds. But adding fireworks will draw some of the crowds away from rides for a while at least

B5K
Brassy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #372
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malroy View Post
Ahhh!!! Friday is 3 weeks until we leave! we are spending time before and after we go to DLR in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting my sisters.

I can't WAIT! I just need to get my head in the game school wise (This is my last full time semester as an undergrad, and I am SWAMPED) and hunker down until its time to go!!!!
sounds like a fun trip with lots of sun! good luck with school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto View Post
Heads up March board- they changed the park hours and added fireworks all the way back to the 11th- maybe now we can finalize some plans???
up until 3/28 for park hours too! come on need my dates NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassy5000 View Post
Yikes, thats good and bad .. definately means they are expecting bigger crowds. But adding fireworks will draw some of the crowds away from rides for a while at least

B5K
it does....definately plan on doing each one during the trip, then hitting the rides hard the other nights!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #373
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Our tickets came in the mail yesterday!!! Woohoo!!

Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #374
mommy2mrb

Quote:

yay for MICKEY MAIL

those are SO cute!!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #375
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3
Wooohooo, i know mine will be here soon. I can not wait. Going shie and clothes shopping tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: