Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

Pinocchio's Workshop

Has anyone used Pinocchio's Workshop for childcare for an evening? DH and I are considering a Napa Rose dinner on our upcoming DL trip, but we know the kids won't have an interest. We've used childcare at WDW before (Wilderness Lodge) and it has been great. However, I'm a bit concerned my older child will not be thrilled with it -- he will be 10 later this summer. Anyone have any experience with this service with older kids? Given we are in DL for only a few days I feel a bit guilty taking an evening for an adults only dinner. But I know one son will love to go to the "kid's club" and I would love to try Napa Rose, if possible. Any comments are appreciated!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Hoku
Mouseketeer

It should be fine for them. There may or may not be a lot of kids there with them. Our daughter went when we were there last September and there were only 2 other kids there that night. They were all 5 or under, but it could just as easily have been that they were all 10 or over. They have different activities to do. Worst case scenario, your kids end up watching Disney movies the whole night because that's all they want to do. Whatever the case, I trust PW. We liked the staff and it was clean. I encourage you to take the night for yourself!
Hoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoku View Post
It should be fine for them. There may or may not be a lot of kids there with them. Our daughter went when we were there last September and there were only 2 other kids there that night. They were all 5 or under, but it could just as easily have been that they were all 10 or over. They have different activities to do. Worst case scenario, your kids end up watching Disney movies the whole night because that's all they want to do. Whatever the case, I trust PW. We liked the staff and it was clean. I encourage you to take the night for yourself!
They have to be 5 to go to Pinocchio's workshop.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: