Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #16
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both resorts 3 times and loved them both. I say try Wilderness Lodge. We stayed this past fall and we had great boat and bus service with little to no waits. Also you can boat over to Contemporary resort to hop on the monorail. The boat to CR takes only 5 minutes and is great when you have dinner reservations at CR or one of the monorail resorts. The theming at WL is amazing juts like Poly. WL has a nicer Lobby.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes

While I thank you for your feedback, you seem extremely negative about both of these popular resorts. Just wondering which, if any, resorts you enjoy.
I don't think she was extremely negative, just honest.

We stayed at WL last week for 9 days and while it was nice, we were very underwhelmed. The lobby is beautiful, but once you got to the rooms, it's a regular hotel room. I found them quite small and was shocked at the subpar housekeeping. The pool was very nice and I found it to be pretty empty most of the time. The boat ride was great over to the MK.

We talked about staying at the Poly next time, but can't justify the price. We will probably go for a moderate. WL is nice, don't get me wrong. We just were not wowed. For that price, I want to be wowed! I get its the cheapest of the deluxes. I think almost of the issue was that we spent a lot of time at the parks since it was our first family trip. We started questioning why we spent so much on a hotel when we were never there. Our issue, I realize.

Recharging the Poly.....we were there for a few meals and while we would love to stay there, the way crowded lobby made the place a chaotic mess!!
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes View Post
We stayed at poly last year and loved it. The monorail was awesome when traveling with two toddlers im a double carriage, the grounds were beautiful and we loved ohana. This year we wanted to save some money and booked WL. I am actually excited about our stay after reading so many great reviews. I love the theme and that it's recently refurbished. I also love that everything is under one roof!!!
Last nightly DH asked if I wanted to upgrade back to poly. I said no, but now I'm wondering if I'll regret not having the monorail. I know all about the beautiful boat ride to MK (where we will spend most of our time) but it still doesn't sound as convenient as the monorail. What would you do?
I would switch back to Poly. The WL rooms are very small and dark in comparison. The biggest draw back for me was the dining options. If you like eating on the monorail loop it takes a lot more time from the WL. You have to take the boat to the CR and then get on the monorail.
Rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
ShepFam
Mouseketeer

WL or Poly

We are diehard fans fo the Poly but we also have spent a week at the WL. We did miss the convenience of monorail (by the way you can take the boat to the CR and pick up the monorail for trips to Epcot) it was just a matter of getting used to the boat ride to MK in terms of it just feeling a little slower. If it were me I would stick with the WL and give it a shot, it really is a beautiful resort with a great pool area and nice little beach area that our kids loved playing on. The only other thing (and I have no idea if it could work with your plans!) is to possibly do a split stay? We are trying a split stay this summer between the YC and the Poly and are excited about trying a new resort and ending at our favorite. Either way you're going to have a great time and I'm quite sure you'll love the WL...good luck and go with your gut feeling!
ShepFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: