Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

Chef de France or BOG for 10yr bday

We've eaten at several of WDW restaurants. We've had some pretty amazing experiences. We are surprising our 10 year old daughter for her 10th bday. We always talk about where we want to try next. DD's next eating experience wish list for WDW includes BOG for dinner (we loved it for lunch last trip) and Chef de France. She says she wants to see the characters in BOG and has heard of Remy's appearances at CdF. We will be arriving in Orlando about 5pm on her actual bday. I'm prertty sure we should be able to make one of the restaurants before closing.
So, my question to you all is...
Which would you chose and why?

Some helpful info about us:
I use a wheelchair
DD loves attention is not shy at all.
Alcohol isn't a priority.
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Moonwolf
Mouseketeer
 
Moonwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
We've eaten at several of WDW restaurants. We've had some pretty amazing experiences. We are surprising our 10 year old daughter for her 10th bday. We always talk about where we want to try next. DD's next eating experience wish list for WDW includes BOG for dinner (we loved it for lunch last trip) and Chef de France. She says she wants to see the characters in BOG and has heard of Remy's appearances at CdF. We will be arriving in Orlando about 5pm on her actual bday. I'm prertty sure we should be able to make one of the restaurants before closing.
So, my question to you all is...
Which would you chose and why?
Well I haven't been to either but I'm going to both on my next trip and from what I've researched(someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe that Remy only appears in Chefs during the Lunch service. So if you're planning on dinner and want to meet a character I'd say BoG would be best.
Moonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwolf View Post
Well I haven't been to either but I'm going to both on my next trip and from what I've researched(someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe that Remy only appears in Chefs during the Lunch service. So if you're planning on dinner and want to meet a character I'd say BoG would be best.
ahh... Thank you. I thought it was the other way around. I thought Remy only showed up at dinner. Thank you so very very much. DD would have been very disappointed.
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
kimber11
Kimberley
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 294

I would choose Be Our Guest hands down. We were just there at the end of January and ate at both restaurants. Out of all 7 table service meals that we had, Be Our Guest was our favourite. The server was wonderful and called all of the girls princesses the whole time. It felt like we were in the movie and the ballrooom was absolutely breathtaking. The meal itself was delicious and the dessert was super yummy too (I recommend the strawberry cupcake). I have a 7 year old girl and boy/girl 4 year old twins and they had so much fun there too. After our meal we were invited to take a look around and then we got to go and have our picture taken with the master (the beast) who was there that day.

Our experience at Chefs de Frances was not very good. Our waiter was terrible and I found him very rude. Considering all of the high reviews that this restaurant has I was disappointed in the food. The only thing about this restaurant that I can say we really enjoyed was when Remy from Ratatoille visited our table. He was adorable.

I would say Be Our Guest, hands down for sure, especially for a princess who will be celebrating her 10th birthday. You should take her to the Bippiti Bopitti Boutique for a Belle makeover before going to dinner. How awesome would that be? I know it is expensive, but I thought it was worth every penny (and we are on a budget as I am a stay at home mom).

Hope this advice helps and that you have a great trip!
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
BRGuessed
BRGuessed
 
BRGuessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 8

Lightbulb What to consider

Nm

Last edited by BRGuessed; 05-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.
BRGuessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
BRGuessed
BRGuessed
 
BRGuessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 8

I might add ...

Nm

Last edited by BRGuessed; 05-01-2014 at 05:50 PM.
BRGuessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
seasidespences
Mouseketeer
 
seasidespences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 374

I believe Remy's last appearance is around 5:20p...not so sure you'd make it in time...unless you were able to arrive earlier. BOG sounds like the way to go to me!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber11 View Post
I would choose Be Our Guest hands down. We were just there at the end of January and ate at both restaurants. Out of all 7 table service meals that we had, Be Our Guest was our favourite. The server was wonderful and called all of the girls princesses the whole time. It felt like we were in the movie and the ballrooom was absolutely breathtaking. The meal itself was delicious and the dessert was super yummy too (I recommend the strawberry cupcake). I have a 7 year old girl and boy/girl 4 year old twins and they had so much fun there too. After our meal we were invited to take a look around and then we got to go and have our picture taken with the master (the beast) who was there that day.

Our experience at Chefs de Frances was not very good. Our waiter was terrible and I found him very rude. Considering all of the high reviews that this restaurant has I was disappointed in the food. The only thing about this restaurant that I can say we really enjoyed was when Remy from Ratatoille visited our table. He was adorable.

I would say Be Our Guest, hands down for sure, especially for a princess who will be celebrating her 10th birthday. You should take her to the Bippiti Bopitti Boutique for a Belle makeover before going to dinner. How awesome would that be? I know it is expensive, but I thought it was worth every penny (and we are on a budget as I am a stay at home mom).

Hope this advice helps and that you have a great trip!
Thank you. That helps. I agree BBB is a wonderful experience. She did it last trip! It was so special I will never forget it. So, special I can't imaging topping it. If we had planned doing this bday trip, I would have held off on the BBB until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGuessed View Post
If your birthday isn't six months away, then your chances of getting into BOG are slim to none. No, throw out slim. They are none. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery and finding Super Bowl tickets on your front lawn on the same day.

If you absolutely must go to BOG, book your trip 180 days out, and book it early. If you think you're getting in next week or even next month, it's not happening. If you check one day and there is no availability, then a table is not going to magically appear the next day or the day before.

This is helpful advice.
It's funny you should mention... I did hit the lottery & find super bowl tickets on my front lawn the same day. Actually her bday is a little more than 6 mnths away. We haven't hit the 180 day mark yet. Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGuessed View Post
As much as I adore kids, and as sweet as it would be for a princess to celebrate her 10-year-old birthday, keep in mind that roughly 17 million people in the world have the same birthday, and a big chunk of them want to celebrate it at Disney. Having a birthday does not automatically get you to the front of the line. A birthday is like love in that Nat King Cole song ... if it ain't there it ain't there.
We don't expect special anything from WDW. Just there everyday magic. We've been for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations. I don't think we have ever been disappointed due to our expectations for our event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
I believe Remy's last appearance is around 5:20p...not so sure you'd make it in time...unless you were able to arrive earlier. BOG sounds like the way to go to me!
Great info. Thank you.
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.