Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't be afraid to take your small children to Narcoossee's, but I highly encourage you make an early ADR.

Our family ate at Narcoossee's June 2011, had a 5:00 ADR and was one of the best meals we have had. At the time my kids were DS13, DS12, DD8, DS5, DS2 & DD 9mo. They were all well behaved, but got a little restless when dessert came, but by that time the restaurant became busier.

Narcoossee's is the one restaurant that my husband has requested on our upcoming trip, we have a 5:50 ADR, this time we will only have 5 of our kids with us (DS13, DD9, DS7, DS4, & DD2) I plan on making sure their is plenty of food, and things to keep them occupied so that they don't impact the dining experience of the other guests. Addionally, I plan on having fully charged I phones and DS game consoles (with sound down) for this meal between courses.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
Mousin' Around
Mouseketeer

We see younger kids in there and we have taken ours. You wont be out of place.
Mousin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

I think most any restaurant at WDW is going to expect a fair number of young kids, that just goes with being a family vacation destination. We have never hesitated to bring our kids at any age to signature restaurants, but the sane rules apply as with anytime we eat out. If they are being loud or disruptive, one of us takes them to time-out until they remember how to behave.

Yes, it stinks to he sitting on a bench outside while the rest if your family eats, but that's just part of raising kids, IMO. Not only is inappropriate behavior rude to other guests, but letting your kids get away with it sets a bad example for your child.

I will say that we don't follow the advice most have given here about eating early-I make most of our dinner ADRs for 7-7:30, even at signatures. But we are used to eating later than that at home, so if I tried to sit the kids down to dinner at 5, they would surely not be hungry, which means they are far more likely to misbehave out of boredom. (I've also never had a signature meal take 2 hours, but maybe we've just been lucky) Plan your ADRs as close as possible to your normal meal times, it's much easier on your kids that way.

Just go into the meal knowing that someone may have to step out with the kid if things go downhill, but for the most part we've found that as long as you are prepared with things to entertain them it's not too bad anyway.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: 10/14 - POR | 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Madhatter266
Wants to Live at Epcot

We were there once and the kids beside us were angels. The parents came well prepared - books, crayons, and small games. Another time we went and I couldn't wait to leave - those kids ran all around, knocking into people, and the parents did not do anything. Everyone knows their own kids best - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Good Luck!
Madhatter266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
mtgqrb
Earning My Ears

We were at WDW this past December with our 23-month old and 1-month shy of turning 4-year old sons. We had dinner at Citrico's and California Grill during our visit and both were 7:00pm or 7:30pm reservations. We even got window seats at California Grill to see Wishes! To minimize the chance for meltdowns, we made sure both boys got afternoon naps and had iPad and their favorite figurines (Mickey and friends, Star Wars crew) with us at both restaurants. They did pretty well and no one made us feel out of place. I think another thing that really helped was giving them light snacks around 6:00pm, so they weren't super hungry by the time we sat down for our reservations. Hope that helps!

By the way, this is my very first post! YAY!!!
mtgqrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #21
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

We ate at Narcoosees on our last trip with our (then) 4 year old and she did just fine. We had an early reservation (literally when they opened) and only one other table arrived while we were dining. It didn't take two hours at that time either.

Obviously, kids are unpredictable so maybe an early reservation will give you some addtional peace of mind.

Go and enjoy!!

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: