Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #91
sgc1107
sgc1107

Lol!!!!

I've got a GREAT idea..... Obviously there's a big need for washers & dryers, people use them! Maybe add more when ships are in dry dock! You pay money to use them so after awhile they would pay for themselves! It's a way to add more income for DCL! Or they could continue to charge you KKTW for laundry that sits there! I'm sure sensors could tell when the door is opened!

On the fantasy NYE we pulled dry cloths out!! Not a person in sight at 2am 3 dryers sitting there done!! And there'd be a cold day in hell before I fold someone else's laundry, It's their responsibility to get it out for the next person and I'm not waiting who knows how long!
sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #92
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc
I have no problem with someone using the same washer or dryer again to finish their laundry, even if there is a line.

Ditto, the taking care of you stuff when it is finished and not leaving it around in the machine. I will wait 3 or 4 minutes after something has finished before taking it out. They could be on there way. If there is no one waiting the stuff can sit in the machine all day, I don't care.

My pet peeve was on a cruise last summer, I had finished washing my stuff, took it out and headed to a dryer that a woman was unloading. She told me I couldn't use it, she was saving it for her friend who was also doing laundry. This "friend" was no where to be seen and there were other people now coming into the laundry room looking to move their stuff over to the dryers as well. Thankfully someone else stepped it and told her that was not acceptable procedure, her friend could wait and take care of their stuff like everyone else. I am not sure how I would have handled it myself.
Wow my official 1000 post and it's about laundry whoo hoo. There seems to be an agreement that leaving stuff in the washer/dryer is acceptable but forgetting and not returning is very BAD.two thousand guests maybe 16 washers and dryers. Take your turn like good little girls and boys,BUT only your turn. Other people want a turn, remove clothes promptly, five minutes or don't get angry if someone helps you out. Okay off my soap box. I have actually put stuff in a dryer if I need a washer and paid for it, most will not do that but if you do remove someone's clothes fold the up neatly not just throw them anywhere.
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #93
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006 View Post
Wow my official 1000 post and it's about laundry whoo hoo. There seems to be an agreement that leaving stuff in the washer/dryer is acceptable but forgetting and not returning is very BAD.two thousand guests maybe 16 washers and dryers. Take your turn like good little girls and boys,BUT only your turn. Other people want a turn, remove clothes promptly, five minutes or don't get angry if someone helps you out. Okay off my soap box. I have actually put stuff in a dryer if I need a washer and paid for it, most will not do that but if you do remove someone's clothes fold the up neatly not just throw them anywhere.

You have actually paid to dry someone elses clothes just so you could use their washer? And you actually would FOLD their laundry for them? Your a better person than any of us on here.

I wait in the laundry room while my stuff is washing & drying so no one else has to touch my stuff. If they can't get back on time, at the very least, they should expect their stuff to be moved so others who need the machines can use them.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #94
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic

You have actually paid to dry someone elses clothes just so you could use their washer? And you actually would FOLD their laundry for them? Your a better person than any of us on here.

I wait in the laundry room while my stuff is washing & drying so no one else has to touch my stuff. If they can't get back on time, at the very least, they should expect their stuff to be moved so others who need the machines can use them.
I try to be nice. Never know if the hold up could be a child who spotted a character or a special family moment.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #95
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
I would (and have) done the same thing. I figure that $2 or 5-10 minutes of my time is worth it to do something nice for someone else. . I have also had it done for me. The one caveat to doing this, however, is that perhaps there are things in the load that should not go in the dryer. I will only start the dryer if it is obvious that everything in the load can go in.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #96
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Idk...it sounds like the majority here must be lucky enough to have a washer in dryer in their house/apartment.
DH and I go to a laudromat. If someone's wash is done and we're waiting for a washer or dryer and the person doesn't show up in an acceptable amount of time (10, 15 mins) we take it out. It happens to us too.

The funny thing is, I remember this back from college days! This was always how it was done dating back to my freshman year in the dorms!

It sounds funny to me that everyone thinks it's so bad to take someone's wash out of a washer or dryer.
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #97
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Wait until you get home to do the laundry. It's much less stressful. It's my vacation I'm not doing laundry.
You know it's funny.....it's very stressful to me to 1. have all that laundry to do when I get home (family of five) and 2. figure out how to pack more clothing and pay for the additional luggage. 3. I bet I financially break even by not paying the airline for my additional bags by doing laundry.

I bring my own soap by going to Target and purchasing their sample/travel size laundry detergent.

Nope, for me doing laundry is the only way to enjoy my trip. It's also one of the better perks of being a DVC member too when you stay in a 1 or 2 bedroom villa. Your own washer and dryer in the villa. There I do a load a day!

Besides people not coming back on time to remove their laundry, I didn't like having to walk throughout the Wonder to get to the washers and dryers. We have been assigned to a room right across from a laundry room for our next cruise and I actually see that as a good thing!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #98
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
waiting for a washer or dryer and the person doesn't show up in an acceptable amount of time (10, 15 mins)
Maybe one day DCL will take away the need for us to decide what is an acceptable amount of time to wait for someone to move their clothes. They could add a colored light to each washer/dryer that would start flashing x minutes after it stopped. When the light starts flashing, that washer or dryer is fair game for the next person to use. On the other end, since you have to use your KTTW to pay for washer/dryer, it wouldn't be terribly hard for DCL to send an automated call to your stateroom/wave phone telling you to attend to your clothing in washer/dryer #x at laundry facility y, as the machine has completed its cycle.

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: