Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #3181
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW4us2006 View Post
I looked down today and saw that the WDW castle charm from my Alex and Ani bracelet was gone! I am so sad as my daughter and I bought these together on our August trip. I will be heading there again in March, but wanted to know if anyone there now or just returned has seen them? I am hoping they are still for sale in the parks and resorts. I imagine I could get one online, but somehow that doesn't quite seem the same. Bummer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
So sorry to hear you lost your charm. I know there is a Disney Parks Merchandise phone number. I am quite sure someone on this board has it. You can call them. You are actually getting it from DisneyParks, so maybe it won't feel like you are just ordering it from the internet.... though I gotta say, DisneyStore.com is having its 25% off everything sale. Just sayin'. :-)

Sorry to hear about your charm!

Just in case you want to replace it now:

WDW Mail Order/Merchandise: (407) 363-6200 or www.mail.order@disneyworld.com

Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #3182
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Are you able to link to where you see this info?

According to my notes, all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies, but only 1, I believe, has a daybed. Sounds like you should request one, but you may possibly have to request a rollaway cot if extra space is necessary.

The website does say 2 queens and a daybed, but the maximum occupancy on CL for both GV and LV show only 4, where the SV and Deluxe show max of 5. That leads me to believe that there are very few of those with a daybed.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #3183
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
We are having a 2 night stay in June. Our kids like the zero entry pools and we are going just 1 day to MK. Poly only has high end rooms so that is out. What do you think about a 2 night stay here but only going to MK. On that day we will go back to resort after lunch and swim and go back to the park in the evening. How are the busses?
Day 1 we will swim and eat at resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. Which resort: YC, BC or BCV?

This is a great place to stay if you are planning a lot of pool and resort time!

I have had no issues with the bus service to the MK. Our trips were in July, and we always catch an early bus (usually EMH). We have never had more than a 5 minute wait, and it is a 12-15 minute trip.

We usually use the monorail and spend some time at EPCOT when we are returning in the afternoon, so I can't provide any feedback on the afternoon bus from MK to EP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlupin View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say hi!

We are leaving for WDW in TWO DAYS!!!

We're staying BC CL. Our kids know we're staying at the Beach Club (we have stayed there 3 times and LOVE it), but they don't know about the Club Leve upgrade. Can't wait to surprise them!!

They also don't know we booked an Illuminations Cruise on 2/20 - DSs 18th birthday! Never done that before - should be great.

Sandy
Sandy!!!

Seems like we hardly knew ya! But I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list as a last minute entry.

What great great surprises for your family!!!

Have a fantastic trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hello my fellow beachclubbers!

After going back and forth and back and forth we have decided to get APs this year and plan on a second trip early next spring! Which means we qualify for an AP discount and took advantage to upgrade to SV CL for our trip this May!
Congrats on your APs and the upgrade! I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Well..by the time of our next trip my first grader will be half way through second grade and my 2yo will be potty trained (fingers crossed)...but it is booked! Change my dates for BOG please, to BC-GV-CL 12.7.13-12.13.13. We were planning a split stay with WL and YC, but neither were apparently available with CM discount (CL), so time to start researching the GV rooms for daybeds/views/etc....inlaws are joining us with the same booking category.

This is our first time at an Epcot resort (usually AK and MK resorts). I'm excited!
I'll make the change to your listing.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #3184
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
The website does say 2 queens and a daybed, but the maximum occupancy on CL for both GV and LV show only 4, where the SV and Deluxe show max of 5. That leads me to believe that there are very few of those with a daybed.
Wow!!!

The Disney website really needs some work. Add this to the punch list!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #3185
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I know some of you are curious about where I am going. Perhaps a few of you are guessing that I am (or should be) going to rehab, after the posts from a couple of days ago.

Nope!

But I do have a startling confession to make. I have been cheating on you. I have been hanging around on another discussion board!!!

The Unofficial Barcelo Maya site is a lot like the DIS- vacation planning questions, trip reports, etc. however it is WAY smaller in scope than the DIS. As I hinted in a post, I am doing a Drink of the Day Countdown over there- posting photos from past trips.

Drink of the Day

The really ironic thing is that my husband and I dont drink that much. Really. Very rarely when we are home, and a little bit on vacation. Several of the drinks on my countdown are actually non-alcoholic versions ordered by the boys.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

MickeyT- The list is yours!

Adios, mi amigos

Dee

Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #3186
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Dee, have a marvelous trip!

We were thrilled when TiW (Disney Dining Experience in those days) first became available for APers back in 2005. But if you're trying to figure out if it will benefit your family, remember that the first $500 spent will just recoup the cost of the card. No actual savings until $501. It still benefits my family but not as much as in the "good old days."
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #3187
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you able to link to where you see this info?

According to my notes, all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies, but only 1, I believe, has a daybed. Sounds like you should request one, but you may possibly have to request a rollaway cot if extra space is necessary.

When I check availability, it lists the 2Q + Daybed...but I agree with your note and will put it as the first request. Also clearly states 'sleeps up to 4' Here's a link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/

Here is what I cut/pasted from the 'Club Level -Garden View' category. I still don't understand why it doesn't permit a group of 5 from booking it...unless what you said is true...and there isn't room for a roll away. Both of my boys roll around a lot. Would probably be fine with just 2Q, but thinking the 8yo would prefer his own space...he gets enough of the 3yo during the day ( a little obsessed with his big brother).

Garden View - Club Level
View Photos

Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 4
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #3188
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know some of you are curious about where I am going. Perhaps a few of you are guessing that I am (or should be) going to rehab, after the posts from a couple of days ago.

Nope!

But I do have a startling confession to make. I have been cheating on you. I have been hanging around on another discussion board!!!

The Unofficial Barcelo Maya site is a lot like the DIS- vacation planning questions, trip reports, etc. however it is WAY smaller in scope than the DIS. As I hinted in a post, I am doing a Drink of the Day Countdown over there- posting photos from past trips.

Drink of the Day

The really ironic thing is that my husband and I dont drink that much. Really. Very rarely when we are home, and a little bit on vacation. Several of the drinks on my countdown are actually non-alcoholic versions ordered by the boys.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

Adios, mi amigos

Dee

Dee Have fun! Sounds like a blast.

I am flying to Miami tonight and catching the Wonder tomorrow

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #3189
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Have a super time Dee. We'll miss you!!!

Suppose to be record lows here on Sunday. Can you imagine what I'll look like walking from the CM parking lot to the BC Sunday morning? Ski mask, winter coat, mittens, scarfS ... gonna be a rough day for me!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #3190
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Can anyone tell me a bit about the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The website was vague at best. Thinking about getting QS for lunch, as we already have ADRs for dinner at 50s Prime time that day.

Oh, and when you book the package, can you specify which performance you want, since there will be 2 showings?

Thanks!!!
I'm trying to get the Fantasmic package too. It will be our first time to see it - we're going to try to do the Hollywood and Vine package.

Have you seen the info about it on Deb's site?

http://allears.net/din/fantdin1.htm

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #3191
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Adios, mi amigos Dee .
Have fun Dee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

Suppose to be record lows here on Sunday. Can you imagine what I'll look like walking from the CM parking lot to the BC Sunday morning? Ski mask, winter coat, mittens, scarfS ... gonna be a rough day for me!!!!
Yes I was very sad to see the weather forecast for when I'm there next Thursday-Sunday.... It was looking good until I checked last night I guess it's still better than it would be up here!

Stay Warm Teena!

I JUST CHECKED AGAIN NOW AND IT LOOKS GREAT!! Fingers crossed!!

~Nannette

Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #3192
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Nope!

Drink of the Day

Adios, mi amigos

Dee

Dee have a great time. Take pics of all your cocktail
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #3193
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Sunday is the only bad day coming up. It's been a wonderful winter season so far!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #3194
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Stay warm. We were there in 2009 when the lows were in the 30's and froze, even though we had our winter coats, hats and gloves. They don't heat the buildings the way we do up north. I hope your cold spell is very short.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #3195
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

I am flying to Miami tonight and catching the Wonder tomorrow
Hope you have a great time, too, Couchy!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: