Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
MadViBe
Earning My Ears

Best time to book - best offers

hi we are not planned on going to Wdw until Aug next year but I have been wondering when is the best time to book.
does anyone know when the best offers appear for us in the UK. I have looked at the historical offers website and cannot understand it at all, not sure it has the UK details on it.
I am guessing that 2014 dates won't be released until around Easter, is it best to book right away or do better offers come throughout the year. we are a family of 5, 2 actual adults , 1 Disney adult and two little tinkers.
I have noticed that virgin have released their 2014 hols but they seem super expensive, while doing my homework lol I have found when playing with this year's prices at this time of year to go when we want I get the best price with tickets and hotel and hopefully ddp and book tickets myelf either via travelrepublic or virgin
wowza I have rambled on.
erm what was my question again ha

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
MadViBe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadViBe
hi we are not planned on going to Wdw until Aug next year but I have been wondering when is the best time to book.
does anyone know when the best offers appear for us in the UK. I have looked at the historical offers website and cannot understand it at all, not sure it has the UK details on it.
I am guessing that 2014 dates won't be released until around Easter, is it best to book right away or do better offers come throughout the year. we are a family of 5, 2 actual adults , 1 Disney adult and two little tinkers.
I have noticed that virgin have released their 2014 hols but they seem super expensive, while doing my homework lol I have found when playing with this year's prices at this time of year to go when we want I get the best price with tickets and hotel and hopefully ddp direct with Disney and book tickets myelf either via travelrepublic or virgin
wowza I have rambled on.

Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

From what I've been told, the best offers are the earliest ones. And that should be around april, and I think it lasts until around june. I'm looking to book for next year as well, so I'm just waiting for april to come around now

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

we plan to go August next year too.
we too have found the best time to book, is when the deals first come out in April.
However ive just got the new Virgin preview brochure and there is no offer of any free dining
Im hoping this may change in April but best to bear this in mind when planning your finances.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadViBe View Post
I have noticed that virgin have released their 2014 hols but they seem super expensive, while doing my homework lol I have found when playing with this year's prices at this time of year to go when we want I get the best price with tickets and hotel and hopefully ddp and book tickets myelf either via travelrepublic or virgin
wowza I have rambled on.

Historically, certainly in the last 3 years, the best time to book has been between April & June when the holidays for the following year are released with the Disney Travel Company. The early offer (which we took advantage of for our holiday this year) was 14 day tickets for the price of 7, free DDP, $200 gift card and select hotels had discounted rates too. The problem with booking so early is that you are unable to book flights at that time. With the exception of Virgin and charter airlines, flights are not open until 11 months before you depart.

If you secure the early deal you will have to add flights or arrange flights when you reach the 11 month point.

The deals from Disney Travel Company get gradually worse. The tickets deal remains fairly constant, but the DDP gets downgraded and the gift card reduces until they disappear. It's definitely in your interests to book early if history repeats itself.

Virgin have their holidays available now. However, in my experience, they are always far more expensive the Disney directly. My advice would be to wait until you have all of the options released and then find the best deal. This has consistently been with Disney directly over the last few years.

Other things I would say is that August is SUPER HOT. I don't know if that is something that would bother you but having been in August twice, it can be unbearably hot and humid, especially for kids.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
MadViBe
Earning My Ears

hi thanks for the replys guys. great info mrromance Thankyou, I was actually thinking of the last week of Aug and first week of Sept, that way my little ones will only miss one week of school rather than two, we don't mind the heat that much, we are really after the quietest time to go as our eldest daughter had special needs. I Cannot wait to book and April/may isn't to fat away. thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: