Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

I carried a backpack with all our valuables in it just because of this. And DH had another camera backpack with our camera and camcorder in it. I think the only thing left in the stroller was our clip on fans. I wouldn't take a chance no matter where I was....disney or not!

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

We had our stroller stolen last summer at MK. It was a $10 or $15 cheapie, so clearly someone wasn't stealing it for resale. My first thought was that someone must have mistaken ours for theirs, but there wasn't another one like ours.

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
Hayliesmom
Mouseketeer

When we went I bought one of those zippered bags that you hang on the end of your lanyard. I carried my key to the world, cc, and cash in it along with whatever fast passes we were picking up. My zipper broke on the last day but I was often stuffing all of our keys into mine because I was the official fast pass getter lol. Anyways, I definitely recommend getting one of those, because your money is on you and I usually tucked mine between my tank top and short sleeve shirt so it didn't get caught on something and pull off.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Not sure if it was stolen, but my daughter left her iPhone on the seat of the dinosaur ride. We called lost and found for days. It was never turned in.

Also, one year we brought a child's ereader kind of a thing (I don't remember what it was called, but it was more like a toy and wasnt super expensive) and it went missing from our hotel room. I now lock anything electronic up in the safe, no matter what it is.
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah

NO WAY? That's brilliant! I'm glad I decided to join this forum before we went. My sister must've forgotten to tell us about that, DD kept asking us if we could get Tink to fly her new Minnie doll back up to her room. Fantastic, the perks of staying at the World are worth a lot more than the extra £ it cost us.
Yes they are! As long as you are not checking out the next day they will send them to your resort for pick up the following day at your hotels gift shop area. It's truly wonderful! Just ask for resort delivery and they fill out a form and voila! If its fragile, don't worry they wrap it up nicely before it gets sent over.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
JamesMom
DIS Veteran

I had a balloon stolen at Epcot. I had rented an EVC and brought a light up mickey balloon to tied on instead of it floating in the hotel room. My son and I parked the EVC at the Norway to ride the attraction - gone maybe 20 minutes or so? Came back and no balloon, but, on the way to China I saw a balloon looking just like ours on tied to a stroller. Son and I raced over (in the EVC) and asked the man where he got the baloon. He sheepishly admit to taking it after a few evasive questions in front of his son and family. His defense it had been sitting there a long time and thought we weren't coming back. To a rented EVC, right. Who steals a balloon at WDW?

Trip Report: May 9-15, 2010 - Mother & Son at POR w/Free QS Dinning: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36675492

Trip Report: December 14-20, 2008 - Mother and Son (6yo) at Contemporary w/Free Dinning: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2038015
JamesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I used a cross-body bag for my camera, wallet, KTTW cards, etc. in. I rarely took it off and never left it unattended. That being said, I accidentally left my camera in the cup holder of the stroller while we were on a ride and it was still there when we got back. I also left a bag with our purchases (nothing really expensive) on the stroller most days and didn't have any problems and it made it easier to identify our stroller. I wasn't any more or less cautious than I would be any other public place.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMom View Post
I had a balloon stolen at Epcot. I had rented an EVC and brought a light up mickey balloon to tied on instead of it floating in the hotel room. My son and I parked the EVC at the Norway to ride the attraction - gone maybe 20 minutes or so? Came back and no balloon, but, on the way to China I saw a balloon looking just like ours on tied to a stroller. Son and I raced over (in the EVC) and asked the man where he got the baloon. He sheepishly admit to taking it after a few evasive questions in front of his son and family. His defense it had been sitting there a long time and thought we weren't coming back. To a rented EVC, right. Who steals a balloon at WDW?
What is wrong with people?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #24
scbelleatheart
DIS Veteran

We had an Amex card and a $50 bill stolen. It was tucked away in a discreet place in a 40 ft motor home. Seeing that we had 5 kids with us we thought no one would rummage around enough to find it.
5 days and $3500 later back home, we found out it was gone. This was several years ago. DH welded a safe to the frame of the motor home under a false closet floor to prevent any future thefts. We just never figured it would happen at Disney.
scbelleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
~Kristina~
DIS Veteran

A story from our 2009 trip:

On the bus after spending the day at a park, my dh left our camera bag on the bus with our Canon Rebel inside. I was convinced someone was having an awesome vacation toting around our camera with all of our pictures on the card.

Two weeks after we returned home, Disney called us and told us our camera, and everything in the bag was in a box and ready to be shipped to us. We were SHOCKED!

So in our experience, we haven't had any issues with theft, 7 trips and counting.

November 21-28, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Summer 2016
~Kristina~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #26
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
You can have your packages delivered to the resort! No need to lug them around.
I thought this was only for Deluxe hotel stayers???? Did it change????
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmouse View Post
I thought this was only for Deluxe hotel stayers???? Did it change????
It's always been for any Disney resort guest. I've had packages sent to all levels of resorts. What you may be thinking of is that if you're staying Club Level, the packages will go directly to your room. All others are sent to the gift shop in the resort and you retrieve from there.

You can also have packages sent to the front gate of each park if you purchase by a certain time. You can pick up in the evening when you leave.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #28
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

The rule has always been that if you are staying on property you can have your purchases delivered to your resort. Any of the park gift shops or DTD, they all work. Fantastic service!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #29
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28
The rule has always been that if you are staying on property you can have your purchases delivered to your resort. Any of the park gift shops or DTD, they all work. Fantastic service!
I had no idea. That will come in handy! DD has her heart set on being bought a Donald Duck plushie bigger than herself, and her cousin told her Tinkerbell would fly it to the resort for us (lol) so she'll definitely think it's magical.

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #30
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
I had no idea. That will come in handy! DD has her heart set on being bought a Donald Duck plushie bigger than herself, and her cousin told her Tinkerbell would fly it to the resort for us (lol) so she'll definitely think it's magical.
You usually don't get the item until sometime the next day. So you can't do it the day before you check out, or on check out day. I just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Do they still have the service where they will take your package to the front of the park for you? I think it was called Package Pickup? We had used that in the past too. You buy what you want, and then grab it at the front of the park before you leave.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: