Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #31
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I like all the moderates with POFQ being my last choice because of theme. I love CBR but it is a huge resort. But you can book preferred here as well as POR and CSR. The tropical theme and pools are really nice. I also like POR and it is pretty too, but not tropical. You don't need preferred at POFQ because it's a smaller resort. A lot of people love it. After staying at the Poly I would probably go with CSR or CBR.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #32
theguda
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at all the mods and I rank them this way:

TIER 1
CSR
POR
I love both of these resorts equally but for different reasons.

TIER 2
CBR - Really enjoyed it and would stay there again...but it's not as nice as CSR or POR

TIER 3
POFQ - The only thing that stood out to me was the boat to DTD. Everything else was just kinda "meh" to me.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #33
we3travellers
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CSR this past August for 7 nts and loved it. We are also deluxe lovers and I was really concerned we may be disappointed. The rooms really do have a deluxe feel. We even stayed in the dreaded Ranchos and didn't mind at all We had a bus stop right outside and a short walk to the pool. We only went to El Centro a handful of times, so the walk didn't matter. Now I am almost positive that the pool bar was open later than 6pm! The grill closed at 6, but I know DH was warming a seat at the bar later than that most evenings. The pool is great and the slide will satisfy even the older kids, but be warned that there is really no shallow area. Luckily my DS is a good swimmer, but if he was standing, he really had to stretch to keep his head out of the water everywhere in that massive pool. And he is tall for his age! I can see people with smaller children being disappointed in that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: