Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #46
honeymooners11
Earning My Ears

Still Looking!

Hi all,
This is my first post on this board. I too am looking for a great deal on a full-size or bigger car rental out of MCO starting June 23rd-July 19th(26 days). Haven't found anything yet less than around $1200. Last year around the same time I managed to find a deal for $350 for a full size for 21 days. Keep posting your tips....I love reading them!!!
honeymooners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #47
back2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
I just read all the reviews for Budget at MCO... Scary.... Bad customer service and secret upgrades being charged... Worried... I have a reservation through Avis for 300 more... I might keep that to avoid the mess....anyone else have a bad experience with Budget?
I will never ever forget about the guy who worked at Budget. He told me not to read the fine print.
back2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #48
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2disney

I will never ever forget about the guy who worked at Budget. He told me not to read the fine print.
Holy cow!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #49
AuSable
Earning My Ears

Is it cheaper to rent from WDW Care Car Center then at MCO airport?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #50
Magalex
DIS Veteran

We didn't liked Budget either for our last trip to WDW in June 2012. We had a great rate from a discounted website. But that wasn't the issue. They were very pushy. We only have one DS(11 at the time & avg size for that age). The Desk agent kept trying to get us to pay for an upgrade because we would not have enough room. Our 11 yr was not 6'5. It was for driving to our WDW resort & a day at Universal (not driving across country). Then all the insurance add ons. I think we had a week rate of $117 but we kept saying no to everything. I am glad we did I think it would of been over $300 if we listened to her. I was told by someone we know that travels for business that all the scary stuff they say about the "extra" insurance is untrue. It is for the uneducated tourist. We never had any issues with Avis or Alamo.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #51
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used the "name your price" option on Priceline? The last time we rented a car from MCO, we scored a deal at $100 plus taxes for 7 days at Alamo. We picked a Nissan Maxima and were pretty happy. We are trying again, everyday. I remember our bid being accepted 2 weeks our trip, but I did have a backup reservation in case our bid not win. Just a thought.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #52
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymooners11 View Post
Hi all,
This is my first post on this board. I too am looking for a great deal on a full-size or bigger car rental out of MCO starting June 23rd-July 19th(26 days). Haven't found anything yet less than around $1200. Last year around the same time I managed to find a deal for $350 for a full size for 21 days. Keep posting your tips....I love reading them!!!
Welcome to the boards Good luck on your rental search...prices always get better as time draws nearer. I'm doing the same thing for an early June trip. I usually always end up reserving and canceling at least 5-6 rentals as I keep finding better deals right up until trip time. What NHL team do Newfoundlanders follow? Maple Leafs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSable View Post
Is it cheaper to rent from WDW Care Car Center then at MCO airport?
Airport is usually more expensive because of additional taxes and surcharges and what have you. I still always rent at MCO though cause like having the car on last day so we can stretch the last day and go straight to airport.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 02-15-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #53
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I have a challenge. I need a rental out of Tampa airport to travel around to see colleges for my son. Then we, of course, are heading to Disney and will drop the car off there. I do not know if I will find a deal since we are dropping off at a different point.

I have never rented a car before so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #54
honeymooners11
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Welcome to the boards Good luck on your rental search...prices always get better as time draws nearer. I'm doing the same thing for an early June trip. I usually always end reserving and canceling at least 5-6 rentals as I keep finding better deals right up until trip time. What NHL team do Newfoundlanders follow? Maple Leafs?

Airport is usually more expensive because of additional taxes and surcharges and what have you. I still always rent at MCO though cause like having the car on last day so we can stretch the last day and go straight to airport.
Thanks Bullseye...us Newfoundlanders follow many different teams..lol...my husband roots for the Montreal Canadiens...there is a big rivalry here between Leafs fans and Habs fans!! I keep checking each day until I hopefully find something cheaper!!! Fingers crossed!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #55
h&D3
Mouseketeer

We've used Budget in the past....

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2disney View Post
and we've never had a problem.

We went out to the garage, gave the booth our paperwork, they told us where the car/van was parked and we loaded up our suitcases. We got the van loaded an we were out of there in about 15 minutes. It took us longer to get the suitcases loaded and the kids buckled in than it did to actually get the vehicle.

Now the last time we were there, we did have some damage on the vehicle when we picked it up, but we did note it with the garage person in the kiosk.
Never had any other problems with the rental or dropping it back off.

Now I did book with them again, but I'm just wondering what other problems others have had? (besides the pushy desk people, but aren't they all? that's why I'd prefer to use the kiosk or do like we did when we got it from budget.)

~D
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #56
honeymooners11
Earning My Ears

Wondering what everyone's take on Enterprise is??? Also...if we had to bring the car back a day or two early, would we be charged anything?? Thanks for your help!!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #57
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

Just booked our rental on National for June 1st thru June 14 TH. used the KLM code plus an Entertainment coupon for $30.00 off our rental. We are Emerald members: $373.80
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #58
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubswife View Post
Just booked our rental on National for June 1st thru June 14 TH. used the KLM code plus an Entertainment coupon for $30.00 off our rental. We are Emerald members: $373.80
Great rate for 2 week rental!

I booked via the same code/coupon.

able to change my flight arrival yesterday to earlier arrival and get a SWA creditso I needed to change the res.

I was able to go into the national site and could've made the modification (which in the past had to send email or call to cancel). Problem is the weekly base rates have increased since i originally booked. Still far less than any of the other codes but hate to pay more for the same weekly rental kwim?

Emailed National, hoping they can adjust the time without the increase but not holding my breath lol.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #59
farah
Mouseketeer

We always book through Costco.com and found that it has the best rates. We usually go with Budget and never had a problem and found their rates the best through Costco.com.

This time we need one/ways from WDW to port and port to MCO. Costco.com does one ways to/from airport only so we booked through them from Port to MCO for $64 including taxes for a full size. From WDW we booked through Alamo.com for $67.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #60
quagmire0
Mouseketeer

Been keeping an eye on rates for our June trip. Haven't seen many deals lately. Best price I have locked in right now is at National - $304 for a minivan for a week. I know two years ago I had an SUV lined up at ~$250, but was actually able to end up with a premium car for ~$130. Hoping prices end up dropping again. Anyone seen any good deals lately?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: