Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
stevechase
DIS Veteran

POR here we come

Hi All

Just wanted to say hi, always tend to keep a low profile after we get back cause I am never sure when (or if) we will go again, so feel a little down!!

However, the good lady has booked us a couple of weeks doing nothing in Turkey in April, and suggested we take advantage of the DP offer and book again for July.

So here we are, 5 of us, 21 nights POR inc DP and tickets, 27th July, £3800.00, bit of a steal I think. We love the resort so 'chuffed to bits', 'over the moon' etc, we are going back.

Going out maybe a week or so before to have a few nights in the Keys and a steady drive up. Loved the driving last year so going to do a bit more this time round.

Anyways up, will be here on the run up.

Hope you are all well and more excited than an excited child, whos birthday is on Christmas day!

Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
1990 - 2001 Various Spanish hols
2002 - All Star Movies
2003 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Dominican Republic
2009 - New York & Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2011 - Montego Bay, Jamaica
2012 - New York, Washington DC, Fort Wild Resort
2013 - Turkey (April)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (July/August)
2014 - Benidorm
2015 - USA, NY/California, Florida
stevechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Wow, £3800 for 5? Is that with tickets? I pulled in a quote for 3 at £3500 odd yesterday for 15 nights in June at POFQ (no free dining as that offer is over now). Would have set us back an additional circa £1200 for QSDP for 3 people on top of that price plus flights!

Did you book through WDTC or elswhere?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
stevechase
DIS Veteran

hi

Yes, it is actually £3870.00. 21 nights, from 27th July, 2 adults, 3 kids (16,14 and 9) with dining plan and 21 day hoppers.

To be honest we wanted to try another resort, this will be our thrid time at POR and we have done ASM and the Willderness Cabins last year. But the price for POR always seems to come out best, plus they can accom 5 in a room.

We wanted to try Art of Animation, but it was another £1300.00 and to be honest, I would rather stay the extra time in a slightly cheaper Disney hotel.

Hope thie helps

Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2013 - Turkey (April)
2014 - Benidorm
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
stevechase
DIS Veteran

We will leave the flights to the absolute death, we normally do. Last year we we standing on the runway at Heathrow, with cases in hand before we booked them

Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2013 - Turkey (April)
2014 - Benidorm
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Congratulations, that's a really good deal! Who did you book that with? Have you got the QSDP or the regular dining plan?

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
stevechase
DIS Veteran

Hi Catherine

Its just the QS one, booked directly with Disney, last Wednesday booked it, oh and we got the $100 spending too.

We had the QS plan last year for the first time and to be fair we did tend to have a bowl of cereals for breakfast before we left, but even so, we found that there was far too much, a lot of the time a couple of us shared a sandwich (the tuna ones from the restaurant opp Haunted Mansion entrance mmmm).

There was 6 of us for 21 nights last year and we had 252 meals and 252 snacks between us, when we left we still had 60 meals left and over 100 snacks. We found it more than enough and wouldnt bother upgrading, you would spend the whole holiday eating. To be honest, the DP is what made us go back this year, we have never been 2 years on the bounce before, but this was a good deal. It has cost us £258 each, per week for food, tickets and accom! I think that is bloody good to be honest.

Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2013 - Turkey (April)
2014 - Benidorm
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Thats a fab deal pricing up now to stay at all stars coming n over £5000 without tickets

Does that include flights?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Oh i readit doesnt silly me :-)
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #9
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechase View Post
We will leave the flights to the absolute death, we normally do. Last year we we standing on the runway at Heathrow, with cases in hand before we booked them

Steve
Nothing beats the thrill of being utterly spontaneous and living on the edge

I used to do that between EDI and London when I was doing monthly trips, but that's because you could often get tickets for a fiver if you waited until the last minute .... oh if only for Florda

Thanks for the info in your previous post - that answered my questions. You really did get a great deal and Port Orleans is lovely. We have stayed at POFQ 3 years in a row and I will be booking our next trip there, albeit possibly a split stay this time
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechase
hi

Yes, it is actually £3870.00. 21 nights, from 27th July, 2 adults, 3 kids (16,14 and 9) with dining plan and 21 day hoppers.

To be honest we wanted to try another resort, this will be our thrid time at POR and we have done ASM and the Willderness Cabins last year. But the price for POR always seems to come out best, plus they can accom 5 in a room.

We wanted to try Art of Animation, but it was another £1300.00 and to be honest, I would rather stay the extra time in a slightly cheaper Disney hotel.

Hope thie helps

Steve
Oh my god!!!! What an amazing deal I'm so jealous!
That would have been exactly what we was looking for this yr you will have to tell me how you found staying in one room for 21nights, we are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 8,8,10 we normally take my mum too and so either get 2 rooms at pop /AKL or last trip 2 bed at SSR! Which was amazing so much room

Next trip will just be us 5 no mum so looking at what best room options are and cheapest, it seems POR is best option with 5 In one room cost wise!
Just worried about 3 wks in one room and wether we would go crazy but at your price I'd be Willing to go crazy lol!

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea

That would have been exactly what we was looking for this yr you will have to tell me how you found staying in one room for 21nights, we are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 8,8,10 we normally take my mum too and so either get 2 rooms at pop /AKL or last trip 2 bed at SSR! Which was amazing so much room

Next trip will just be us 5 no mum so looking at what best room options are and cheapest, it seems POR is best option with 5 In one room cost wise!
Just worried about 3 wks in one room and wether we would go crazy but at your price I'd be Willing to go crazy lol!
Cindy POR do sleep 5 but one bed is a trundle( mattress on the floor jobbie tbh it may be a little cramped espec with your kids being older. But if its just to sleep in then it will be fine. Its a lovely resort.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #12
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

All the POR rooms with trundle beds have been refurbished and now they are NOT on the floor. As I noted they pull down. Looks like storage until you pull the bed down. I think they have a photo on all ears.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby
All the POR rooms with trundle beds have been refurbished and now they are NOT on the floor. As I noted they pull down. Looks like storage until you pull the bed down. I think they have a photo on all ears.
As I said it is a long time till I stayed at POR. And where on this thread did you NOTE they are pull down?
Im sometimes wary of posting anything on here lately after reading some of the threads incase I get slated or have someone start a debate because peoples opinions differ but insist only they are right.
Scooby Im not on about you on the latter but putting capitals is shouting when I had not read the thread you put on about trundles being pull downs.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
stevechase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea

Hi to be honest its ok, last year our eldest daughter friend came and we were away in total for 5 weeks. The odd argument but there was my good lady wife and 3 teenage girls so it was bound to happen ha ha. We like a fight as much as the next family but to be fair we all loved it. I did enjoy the peace of the 780 mile, 12 hour drive into Orlando when they all fell asleep tho ha ha.

1989 - Daytona Beach
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2013 - Turkey (April)
2014 - Benidorm
Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #15
stevechase
DIS Veteran

The other choice is the a cabin at fort wilderness. We liked it there last year as there were six of us, kitchen was useful too. But you need a car it is huge and it did not have the Disney appeal to me, it was beautiful don't get me wrong but didn't feel Disney if you know what I mean. But that was next cheapest for us. But we always like to stay on site but will stay in the cheapeat/best deal we can get so we can go longer. This will be our 4th consecutive 4 week plus trip. If we stayed at akl or boardwalk we could only get 2 weeks for same money ans we prefer the length of the stay

1989 - Daytona Beach
2002 - All Star Movies
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2013 - Turkey (April)
2014 - Benidorm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: