Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Question Any hotel shuttles to Anaheim Amtrak station?

This summer, DD (14) and I are planning to take Amtrak from San Diego to Anaheim. We're going to do two days at DL, and will probably stay offsite for one night. I'd love to find a hotel that is willing to stow our luggage in the morning on day one, before we've checked in; and also on day two, after we've checked out, until we're ready to head to the train station in the evening. If that's not possible, where's the best place to stow our bags while we're at the park? (It will probably just be a small duffel and a tote bag, if that makes a difference.)

Also, I know that we can catch a cab to and from the Amtrak station, but does anyone know of a hotel that offers free shuttle service to the train station?
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
danacath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danacath View Post
This summer, DD (14) and I are planning to take Amtrak from San Diego to Anaheim. We're going to do two days at DL, and will probably stay offsite for one night. I'd love to find a hotel that is willing to stow our luggage in the morning on day one, before we've checked in; and also on day two, after we've checked out, until we're ready to head to the train station in the evening. If that's not possible, where's the best place to stow our bags while we're at the park? (It will probably just be a small duffel and a tote bag, if that makes a difference.)

Also, I know that we can catch a cab to and from the Amtrak station, but does anyone know of a hotel that offers free shuttle service to the train station?
I am not aware of a free shuttle, but you can take the ART shuttle for Route 15 to Disneyland. It leaves every hour at twenty minute past. The cost is $5 per person per day (or less if you buy 3 or more days of transportation). I think there is also a $1 discount for a single ride.
You can then walk or take another ART bus on a different route to your hotel.

I hope this helps. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Luisa
Mouseketeer

I don't know about shuttles or ART but I have stayed at three different hotels that were all happy to stow my luggage both at check in before my room was ready and after checkout so I could have my last day at the parks. They were HOJO, Del Sol and Ramada Maingate, but I'm sure many others would do the same. I have a feeling that they charged a small fee at the Ramada.

I love the Amtrak between San Diego and Anaheim- such a beautiful coastline!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Thanks for the replies! I have a feeling we'll just get a cab to take us from the Amtrak station to our hotel. (It won't be much more than the ART.) After dropping off our bags, if they agree to stow them, we'll walk over to DL.

My main reason for asking if there was a hotel with a shuttle to the train station is because of our return trip. Once we're done in the parks, we'll need to either catch a cab from DL and then stop at the hotel to grab our bags before heading to the station; OR walk over to the hotel, collect our bags and try to catch a cab from there. Just thought it would be convenient if there was a hotel shuttle, rather than having to call a cab from the hotel. I know we could head back over to Disney to catch a cab, but after a long day in the parks, more walking (with luggage, too) probably won't be a very popular option! Any thoughts on this?
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
danacath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
SFRN97
Mouseketeer

I am interested to. Going in April and are taking the Amtrak from San Diego for the second half of our trip. We are staying at the HOJO with all the luggage carseats ( renting car in San Diego) and double jogger stroller seems like it will be to much hassle getting a taxi or the ART. Looking to maybe book a shuttle company.

April 1986 DH first trip offsite
June 1997 My first trip Dixie Landings
Sept 2008 DS first trip POP & our first MNSHP
Nov 2010 DD first trip CBR & Our first MVMCP
April 2013 first trip to Disneyland at the Paradise Pier
Feb 2014 first Disney Cruise on the Wonder with Grandma and Grandpa
April 2015 Disney Cruise on the Dream and WDW
SFRN97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: