Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
RalphMouth
Obviously freaky things always can happen beyond anyones control
It's a blast.......you'll love it !!

GCH Standard or PP Concierge or Offsite- Help Me Decide

arriving Sunday May 26th around 3 p.m.- I assume it will be crowded that afternoon and Memorial Day- staying through Wed the 29th

thinking that being at a Disney hotel will be a good idea when we want to head back to the room to take a break when crowds are at their worst- Our 4 year old DD will be with us-

I'm still trying to justify spending $700.00 more than if we get a room at the Hilton or Sheraton. That money could be spent on character meals, Phantasmic Desert Package.... and so forth
RalphMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

You need to determine if the $$$ is worth the convenience.
There are some nice hotels around DLR that you can get for a fraction of the cost of a DLR hotel. You usually have to take a shuttle to the Sheraton, Hilton, Hyatt, etc. because the walk is lengthy...especially after being in the parks all day. That may make taking a break more difficult.
If you want a four star hotel within walking distance, I would choose a DLRH. Otherwise, you may want to consider one of the 3 star hotels on Harbor. They will be cheaper, and easy walk to take mid day break. We like the Marriott Fairfield Inn and the HoJo.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post
arriving Sunday May 26th around 3 p.m.- I assume it will be crowded that afternoon and Memorial Day- staying through Wed the 29th

thinking that being at a Disney hotel will be a good idea when we want to head back to the room to take a break when crowds are at their worst- Our 4 year old DD will be with us-

I'm still trying to justify spending $700.00 more than if we get a room at the Hilton or Sheraton. That money could be spent on character meals, Phantasmic Desert Package.... and so forth
For us, staying onsite is very worth it. Our kids (6 & 4) do better in the morning than the evening. By staying onsite, and taking advantage of the 2 MM's we got last time, we felt that we got that much more use of the parks. We haven't been since they started the EMH at DCA so that will be nice as well.

Often times we head to the parks early, bang out as many attractions as possible without exhausting our kids too much, head back to the hotel by early afternoon for some down time or pool time, then head back in the evening to do the odd ride and just enjoy ourselves. We are usually back in the room by 8 or 9 pm at the latest with 2 exhausted kids (And usually an exhausted Mom and Dad).

We also like booking Partial DTD view at GCH because it will usually put you in the 400 wing, and then DW and I can sit on the balcony and maybe enjoy a glass of wine and watch the fireworks, and soak up the smells (One year we were directly above the kettle corn cart).

We find that the extra cost is worth the convenience (Yes i know some GN hotels are closer), and also the extra hours you get in the parks.

It's especially handy when riding GRR, if you get soaked bad its nice and close to head up for a quick change.

SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post

I prefer (like other posters) to stay at Fairfield or Hojo. However, if this is a first trip for the child, Disneyland Hotel is pretty awesome and has an amazing pool. My biggest beef with these hotels is that I really hate trying to get through DTD on the way back, so crowded when you are tired...

If it is a $$$ thing, go with the cheaper hotels and do the character meals and dessert package, souvenirs, etc. Given you only have a few days I bet you won't be using the hotel that much. If it is a preference thing, go with the Disneyland Hotel, plus the EE is nice. I would stay there for $200 a night or less, no more...which is why it has been a while. 5 years ago, we got a deal there for $140 a night, couldn't not do it at that price!
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I would save the money and use it for other things.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
RalphMouth
Obviously freaky things always can happen beyond anyones control
It's a blast.......you'll love it !!

what's everybody's opinion on the Anaheim Resort Transit bus system?
do they really run every 20 min ? how long a wait after the parks close?

the hotels all down by the convention center will save us over $700.00 even if we book club level... my main concern is getting back and forth, not wasting an hour to just get to the parks/back to room-
RalphMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Have you read this?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: