Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #511
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Also does anyone know since I booked a PACKAGE, if a room only discount comes out if I can apply that to the package?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #512
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Oh and this is our first time at CS... My 2 sons chose the resort
We LOVED CSR ... its awesome

I suggest going for the Casitas or the Ranchos ... more of a resort feel instead of Hotel feel ... if thats what you are looking for
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #513
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also does anyone know since I booked a PACKAGE, if a room only discount comes out if I can apply that to the package?
Yes you will be able to apply a discount if it comes out to your package
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #514
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm

I wish we could... But we are going the day after school lets out.
:-( school gets out here june 6th so we were just able to catch the spring special. I think last day for it is the 15th. We're in NC

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #515
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

We LOVED CSR ... its awesome

I suggest going for the Casitas or the Ranchos ... more of a resort feel instead of Hotel feel ... if thats what you are looking for
Oh i requested the Cabanas because I thought the beachy feel would be less hotel like.... Now Im second guessing
Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #516
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes you will be able to apply a discount if it comes out to your package
Thank you xo
Old 02-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #517
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme

:-( school gets out here june 6th so we were just able to catch the spring special. I think last day for it is the 15th. We're in NC
Lucky!!! I was hoping we could use that discount but it ends on the 14th. Boooo
Old 02-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #518
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Just back from our first stay at CSR. Couple questions:
1. Do all rooms have the motion sensor so that the air conditioning only works when people are moving around in the room? Every time we came back to our room, it was hot and the air only kicked in when we were there. We've never had this issue at other Disney resorts.

2. Do they only provide new shampoo/conditioner every other day instead of everyday? That was our experience despite tipping everyday.

We enjoyed our stay, but we did have a few issues. Our room wasn't ready until well after 4pm even though we did online check-in to say that we'd arrive by 12:30pm. I know there's no guarantee of an early check-in, but I never thought we'd have to wait past the standard check-in time. We requested a room on a higher floor, but got ground floor. The first room we received smelled like cigarette smoke, so we had to request another room. There was a huge event set up on the beach in front of our building with lots of seating set up, buffet tables and music which was loud and made walking difficult along the pathway. Still, the resort is beautiful and we enjoyed the pools, nightly bonfire & movies. We'd like to stay there again in the future.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #519
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Oh i requested the Cabanas because I thought the beachy feel would be less hotel like.... Now Im second guessing
My advice, don't second guess yourself. Everyone has a different opinion to where they like best. If the Cabana and it's beach them appealed to you I say stay with it. I am booked for business class and one of the big reasons for me is because I know that it will be located in 9B in the Cabana's.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #520
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do all rooms have the motion sensor so that the air conditioning only works when people are moving around in the room? Every time we came back to our room, it was hot and the air only kicked in when we were there. We've never had this issue at other Disney resorts.
I think I heard there is a way to override this. This is what might work. I haven't been there yet, so I don't know if this does the trick:

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.

I don't think CSR is the only Disney resort that has this.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #521
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
I think I heard there is a way to override this. This is what might work. I haven't been there yet, so I don't know if this does the trick:

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.

I don't think CSR is the only Disney resort that has this.
Thanks!! That's great to know!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #522
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dang it .... sorry I meant Cabanas or Ranchos !!! you are good ! Going to PM you to make sure you get this

The view from our room at Cabanas 9153 (Building 9A with Water view)

Right at the end of the path is a white beach with hammocks ... just awesome

Last edited by Shaden; 02-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #523
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dang it .... sorry I meant Cabanas or Ranchos !!! you are good ! Going to PM you to make sure you get this

The view from our room at Cabanas 9153 (Building 9A with Water view)

Right at the end of the path is a white beach with hammocks ... just awesome
Thats gorgeous!!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #524
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in Live from CSR!!! I checked in at 12:45pm and the room was ready (King Business Class). The lounge was closed so I didn't have a chance to check it out till about 7pm and when I did, the key did not work. I walked back to the front desk and the CM never checked the box for club access so after new room keys were printed, it was good!

Our room is a bottom floor room facing the lake in 9B. We are very close to the bus stop and main building. It's raining now so I didn't have a chance to check out the pool but I've seen it many times before and love it!

Room looked clean..even the top of the closet which is good! I'm going to ask for more shampoo/cond/ shower gel tomorrow and see if we get it.

The lounge is fantastic and there was no one in there when I went back at 9:30pm. I had two Sangria's (one of which to go). They gave me bowls to take snacks back for my DBF who's arriving from Nashville later tonight. They also gave me bottles of water to take back and went above and beyond even after knowing I was a fellow CM (believe it or not, some CMs will treat you differently if they know you are one too..odd I know.)

The resort seems to be pretty busy which I'm sure is due to Valentine's Day and President's Day in the same weekend.

I had Pepper Mkt for dinner which was good and took my cake to go! Tip..if you have a mug already from DDP, you can ask for a bottle of water as your beverage for the meal and they will fill the mug as well!

That's pretty much it for now!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #525
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Taking dd for 18th bday( with permission of dh/ds who will stay home). Since I just booked airfare and dates are 4/3-4/7 I was thrilled to find a pass holder rate was actually available! I was so close to booking CBR but when I checked availability on disney web it showed the business class room.

I KNEW WHERE TO LOOK FOR INFO, HERE!!!!

Thanks to all of you for info, I booked first 3 nights Business King and will definitely enjoy my all time favorite Disney drink- Red Sangria made the best only at CS!!
The location of 9b looks great too. With savings of the pass holder rate and food and drinks I am going to move for last day to YC Regatta Club.

I have stayed at a disney resort over 35+ times and still don't know everything, how the heck first timers survive I will never know!
Thanks again for great Coconino Cove info and pictures!! Made my planning easier and I have a huge smile on my face looking forward to a great mom n me trip.
Trisha
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: