Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #841
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

I've decided SWA is nothing, if not unpredictable regarding the boarding procedure on any given flight. For our past four flights, (not just HOU-MCO either), hoping to obtain an "A Group" BP, I have purchased the Early Boarding Passes but have had only a 50/50 success rate. Kinda a bummer, but we've still been able to sit our family "within earshot" of each other.

buckeev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #842
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Moose View Post
I would love to buy our tickets for $79, but it's just going to be me with my 5 and 8 year olds. Is there a chance we could separated all over the plane? I could check in 24 hours in advance with no problem, but do they help keep kids with their parent(s)?
you will be fine! i just took a complete full (every seat taken) flight from ORlando with my DD and even though I checked in early and had B boarding passes we were running late and just made the plane. They had already boarded and we were the second to last group to get on the plane. As the plane fills all the aisle seats and window seat go first. SO the last boarders get on and find every middle seat open in the rows. they head all the way to the back hoping to find seats together. We got on and found 2 middle seats across the row from each other (now my dd is 15 so it didn't matter) the people in her row moved over nad she got the ailse. So we only had 1 person in between us. The family that got on last had small kids. The flight attendents asked for people to move. When at first no one was moving, they offered free drinks to anyone who moved and a bunch of hands went up. I have always found that they try hard to keep kids with their mommas.

Even with that - if you check in at the 24 hr mark you will be fine. You might not board on a completely empty plane, but you will defnately find 3 seats together - it may be toward the back - but you will be fine.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #843
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Got an email today saying that you can now combine SW/AT flight segments. I just tried to book BNA to Pensacola via the SW site. Theoretically it should have given me some option to go from BNA to an AT hub via SW and then hop an AT flight to Pensacola. DIdn't work. Is this flight not possible or could it be not fully rolled out yet.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #844
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
The flight attendents asked for people to move. When at first no one was moving, they offered free drinks to anyone who moved and a bunch of hands went up.
One can only hope

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #845
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Can Southwest credits be used to purchase a flight for someone different? I have a credit in my name and need to purchase a flight for my daughter's friend to come with us to Disneyworld this summer.
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #846
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
Can Southwest credits be used to purchase a flight for someone different? I have a credit in my name and need to purchase a flight for my daughter's friend to come with us to Disneyworld this summer.
no
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #847
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

How does 24 hour check in work with flights that have one stop and a plane change? I fly SWA all of the time but we always fly non-stop. For our next trip I may end up booking flights that have a stop. Do I check in for each segment?
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #848
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
How does 24 hour check in work with flights that have one stop and a plane change? I fly SWA all of the time but we always fly non-stop. For our next trip I may end up booking flights that have a stop. Do I check in for each segment?
You just Check in once
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #849
wisconsinmama
Earning My Ears

I am looking into purchasing our tickets through Southwest and don't understand their child policy. Do I have to buy a special ticket for the kids and have proof of their date of birth? Any info would help..
My kids are 4,6,9
wisconsinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #850
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinmama View Post
I am looking into purchasing our tickets through Southwest and don't understand their child policy. Do I have to buy a special ticket for the kids and have proof of their date of birth? Any info would help..
My kids are 4,6,9
No, kids your ages will be same as adult priced tickets.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #851
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Multiple confirmation numbers...

We just made a reservation for 3 tickets (DH and kids) + 1 companion (me). I understand why I have my own confirmation number, but why don't the 3 that were made together have the same confirm number??

We are not new to SW - and our last flight also had 4 diff confirm numbers - but I thought it was because we made several changes to them...this was one ressie made at the same time for 3 people, so I'm confused!

When checking in, are we going to be able to use just DH's confirm number, or will we have to type each one?

Upcoming: 6/10/14-6/25/14 WDW and Vero~~12/20/14-12/27/14 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #852
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
We just made a reservation for 3 tickets (DH and kids) + 1 companion (me). I understand why I have my own confirmation number, but why don't the 3 that were made together have the same confirm number??

We are not new to SW - and our last flight also had 4 diff confirm numbers - but I thought it was because we made several changes to them...this was one ressie made at the same time for 3 people, so I'm confused!

When checking in, are we going to be able to use just DH's confirm number, or will we have to type each one?
So, called SW today and I can answer my own question When multiple reservations are made on points, each person has their own confirmation number, even though the reservations were made at the same time under one RR account.

Upcoming: 6/10/14-6/25/14 WDW and Vero~~12/20/14-12/27/14 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #853
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this was asked and answered already. But I know the fares for Oct and Nov will be released on March 4th, but at what time of day do they release them?
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #854
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
So, called SW today and I can answer my own question When multiple reservations are made on points, each person has their own confirmation number, even though the reservations were made at the same time under one RR account.
So I have two RR accounts. We will probably be able to buy 4 one-way tickets to San Diego plus 1 one-way ticket back home on one account. Then buy the other 3 tickets back home with the other account. Will all eight tickets have a different confirmation number? When I check in, I will be checking in 4 separate times? I don't really like that, but since the kids are 11 and 14, if they are separated from us, they will survive.

I am thinking about EBCI for the flight home. I can check in at 24 hours while we are at home, but when we are at Disney Land I can't plan on it. We don't have smart phones, well we might by June, and I don't want to count on getting on wifi at the hotel for something that important. We might want to be at the park. I need to research EBCI. Do I buy it at the same time as the tickets or can it be added later?

Is it easy to check in on an iPhone? DH might get one next month, but we have no experience with smart phones, though we have iPod touches. If we could check in on his phone, then maybe I wouldn't need to do EBCI.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #855
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
So I have two RR accounts. We will probably be able to buy 4 one-way tickets to San Diego plus 1 one-way ticket back home on one account. Then buy the other 3 tickets back home with the other account. Will all eight tickets have a different confirmation number? When I check in, I will be checking in 4 separate times? I don't really like that, but since the kids are 11 and 14, if they are separated from us, they will survive.

I am thinking about EBCI for the flight home. I can check in at 24 hours while we are at home, but when we are at Disney Land I can't plan on it. We don't have smart phones, well we might by June, and I don't want to count on getting on wifi at the hotel for something that important. We might want to be at the park. I need to research EBCI. Do I buy it at the same time as the tickets or can it be added later?

Is it easy to check in on an iPhone? DH might get one next month, but we have no experience with smart phones, though we have iPod touches. If we could check in on his phone, then maybe I wouldn't need to do EBCI.
Just my opinion but it sounds like you are getting most of your flights for free, so I wouldn't hesitate to splurge on the EBCI for the return flight home. It is easy to check in on smartphone, but like you said you don't know where you will be at that time. If you have a smart Phone however you should have access through the phone company and not need wifi as you do with say your Ipod touch. Just a thought. Have they raised the EBCI prices or are they still $10? If so I think it is $40 bucks well spent. Good luck and have a blast in Disneyland!

EBCI can be added later, but the later you add them the farther back you get checked in. If you add early you get the earlier A's. Does that make sense?
BLT August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: