Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #91
nannye
DIS Veteran

Love the lion king pics, you got some great shots. I had a long reply typed but the iPad ate it twice. I give up.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #92
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannaf87 View Post
Subscribing! We're going in March with a 5 year old daughter and 1#year old son. Interested to know how the one year old at Disney is going to go.
haha My TR should be of some help to you cause that's exactly my kids' ages! I hope you enjoy it...and WDW!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #93
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Love the lion king pics, you got some great shots. I had a long reply typed but the iPad ate it twice. I give up.
Oh I hate when that happens!!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #94
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Camp Minnie-Mickey Meet & Greet Marathon!

We had plans to head straight over to It's A Bug's Life after Festival of the Lion King, but the WDW Gods had other plans for us.

In one of my first updates, I mentioned we had done some Disney movie nights. One of the movies we all loved was The Jungle Book. We all (DH included! LOL) got up and danced around to "The Bear Necessities" and just acted down right silly! lol I also had that song on our Disney CD I made for the drive down to Florida.

As soon as we walked out of the Lion King show, there was Baloo and King Louie!!! "OMG!" I gasped..."Olivia is going to flip!" And flip, she did! I told DH to go stand in line with her and I would go get the stroller so we could put DS down. (He had fallen asleep toward the end of the Lion King.)

As soon as DH and DD got in line, they were told Baloo and King Louie were going to take a break, but they'd be right back. DH and DD were waiting for them to retun, when DH felt a tap on his back. He turned around and did a double take, because it was Baloo and King Louie standing behind him in line!! hahahahaha He told Olivia to turn around, and she busted out laughing! It was SO SO funny!

They were sure to give DH some lovin', too!

Next, we decided to meet all the characters on the Greeting Trails!

Minnie was first! She had a beautiful Christmas dress and decorations!

Olivia couldn't believe Minnie signed her name!

My mom liked her shoes!

Next, we met Minnie's honey...the man himself...MICKEY!!!

More hugs!!

(My dad was sitting with Carter while he napped, if you were wondering where they went! LOL)

Coming out of Mickey's Trail, we were totally surprised to see Pocohontas!

She was such a great Pocohontas!

UP NEXT: We meet more furry friends!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 02-19-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #95
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Oh I hate when that happens!!!!
I'm in the middle of typing and it randomly just goes back to the home screen I don get it!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #96
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Hello, I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. It sounds like y'all had a great time.
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #97
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
Hello, I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. It sounds like y'all had a great time.
Thank you!! I hope to update more this weekend

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #98
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

More Furry Friends

After we met all of our new friends, we wanted to see It's A Bug's Life!

I love all the carvings in the Tree of Life.

The movie posters inside the holding area are hilarious!

Bug eyes!

We loved this show!! All the special effects are so good! lol My favorite part was the end when all the "bugs" leave the theatre. hahaha

UP NEXT: Grandma and Grandpa take the kids to DinoLand!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 02-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #99
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Grandma and Grandpa Take the Kids to Dinoland!

DH and I wanted to ride Expedition Everest, so my parents agreed to take the kids for awhile. It looks like they had fun!

The car was broke down? lol IDK...

Ridin with Grandma!

(We cut DS's hair a few weeks ago, so the pictures with curls look so funny to me!)

DD and Grandpa rode Triceratops Spin

DD and Grandma off to go somewhere

Did they ride Dinosaur?! IDK!

Then, after their adventures in Dinoland were over, they went back toward the front of the park to wait for us.

UP NEXT: What did we do on our adventures alone?

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 02-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #100
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

DH and I go on an Asian Adventure

We for sure wanted to ride Expedition Everest. Anything else would have been a bonus!

Asia is such a pretty part of the park!

It was time to face the Yeti!!!!

The themeing is awesome at Disney! It has you questioning whether there really is a Yeti or not!

It was only about a 10 minute wait in the standby line!

Here we go!

Ahh Oh no!!!! The Yeti tore up the tracks!

He's gaining on us!

After we survived the Yeti, we had some time to check out Kali River Rapids!

I knew they had lockers, so we stopped by a little kiosk to get some change. We bought a Coke because the lady didn't understand that we just wanted quarters. Then, she didn't give us back quarters for our change. It was quite the debacle! lol

So, we finally got our quarters and headed toward Kali and the FREE lockers! lmao Yes, all that hassle and the lockers were free for Kali riders Now we know! We secured all our stuff in there. Unfortunately, that means no pics of Kali I couldn't take a chance on my camera being ruined!!

Kali was a walk on! Yeah!!! We loved it. The themeing was just a little hokey, but I know DAK is supposed to be all about conservation and saving the planet, so that's okay Of course, I was the one to get soaked! lol (Stay tuned-this would be a recurring theme on this ride!)

After riding and getting our stuff out of the lockers, we headed in the opposite direction we came from. Looking at the map, it seemed like Asia fed right into Dinoland. Perfect! We called my parents to find out they were leaving Dinoland. We decided to continue on that way so we could at least see the area.

Dinoland is such a fun place! I LOVE The carnival atmosphere. The park was getting ready to close, but passing by Dinosaur, we decided to jump in line. It was only a 10 minute wait, so it wouldn't take too long!

This was one of the rides I was looking forward to!

I thought the ride was kind of lame. You wouldn't think that by our ride pic, though, LOL

It wasn't scared, just surprised! LOL I didn't expect it to be RIGHT THERE! LOL

UP NEXT: Back at the Hotel

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 02-19-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #101
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Back at the Hotel

Most nights of our vacation run together for me, so I'm glad we have pictures to straighten them all out!

My parents had brought a TON of presents with them. Some were for DD's birthday, but a lot were from our Ohio family for Christmas for both DS and DD. We decided it was probably best to open them over a few nights.

We ordered dinner from Flippers Pizza! It was DELICIOUS!!!!

DH and I enjoyed some mulled after the kids went to sleep.

And then we decorated the room for DD's birthday! We brought a lot of decorations. Some things I made with my Cricut. Originally, I wanted to decorate before my family even got into the room, but it just didn't work out that way. We were up til about 2am decoarting! LOL Anything for our kids, right?!

DD loved it!! She thought Mickey and friends came into the room to decorate. I didn't even have to feed her that line! LOL

UP NEXT: Day Three! EPCOT!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #102
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Epcot

When I first planned this trip, Epcot was going to be our Day One Park, because that's what the crowd level numbers told me to do. At the last minute, I decided Magic Kingdom needed to be the first Disney experience and I am so glad I did!!! Epcot was nice, however, it is no Magic Kingdom. If my kids were older, it probably wouldn't matter as much, but anyway......Day 3 was all about Epcot!!!

We started the day off with our free hotel breakfast again.

DS's hair looks like this for about 5 seconds after it's brushed LOL After Christmas, we cut his hair for the first time and it looks so funny to see it crazy curly in pictures!

Epcot!!!!

We went to the park without my parents today. They wanted to sleep in and since they don't ride rides, they planned to meet us around 11am when World Showcase opened up.

(No wonder I have to have so many "chapters" because I have a million pictures of just the Epcot entrance! LOL)

<3 these two!!!

Once we got inside and got our maps and Times Guide, we were very confused where Soarin' was. We stopped by a stand and the map was finally explained by a very nice cast member! I never realized that the colors on the map match up to the colors of the signs in the park. So, The Land is green on the map and The Land signs are green in the park. Duh!! Leave it to Disney to make it so easy!!! After a couple pin trades, we parked the stroller, and went into The Land pavilion.

We asked for Rider Switch pass for Soarin' since DS is too little to go on this one. DD and DH went on the ride first while DS and I sat and people watched.

My parents showed up while we were riding rides.

They wandered over to World Showcase for some breakfast.

YUM!

DD and I went on Soarin' next. She thought it was so cool that she got to go twice in a row! I had a nervous breakdown because although I knew it was a ride, it feels SO REAL! And I have a super bad fear of heights! lol I held on so tight to DD because I could just imagine her toppling out of the seat. She was leaning over to get a better look and I was having a heart attack! LOL With that being said, Soarin' was my favorite ride at Epcot. It's awesome!

After our ride was over, we went to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

MINE! MINE! MINE!

We rode the Nemo ride, but none of my pictures turned out. I don't remember much about this ride other than the queue was awesome! So it's safe to say I wasn't too impressed with the ride.

We did Turtle Talk With Crush afterward, which was SO funny and cute!!

DD and DS loved watching the shark tank as we waited to go into the show.

DH was having some fun, too. He makes a great princess, don't ya think?

It's Crush time!

UP NEXT: Meeting up with my parents

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #103
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Finishing Up Future World

We met up with my parents and, of course, more picture taking happened!!

We wandered over to Test Track. It was just about 11:30am, fast passes were gone, and the wait time was 75 minutes!!!! Looks like that ride wasn't getting done this trip I knew it was a long shot because it had just opened after the remodel. I should have ran over there at first to get FastPasses. Oh well.

DH and I decided to ride Mission:Space while my parents could watch the kids. (I was very thankful they were willing to watch them for us!!) When asked Orange or Green, we were ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!! Orange side, please!!!!

When they say this ride is intense, wow do they mean it!!!! When the ride stopped, I was praying it was really the end! LOL Another minute and I might have had to use the barf bags they so kindly provide! LOL When we got off the ride, DH needed to collect himself, so we sat down for a few minutes. I am glad we did the more intense side, but I can safely say I never have to ride that ride again lol

Back outside, we stopped for a Mickey bar and a popsicle while heading over to World Showcase.

Mexico!

DH and I wanted to "eat and drink around the world" so once we got to Mexico, it was on!!! We thought a minute about getting a bite to eat, but then came to our senses and got in line for a MARGARITA!!!

We got the triple margarita with strawberry, mango, and lime. Yum!

Norway!

We had to stop at Kringla Bakery for some treats. My parents got a cream puff with berries.

We got School Bread! Coconuty deliciousness!!!

My parents sat down to eat and I got very frustrated because the stroller was getting in everyone's way. So, DD, DH, and I decided to go on Maelstrom! I wasn't planning on doing this, but it was the perfect time to do it. It was....interesting! LMAO "Over the falls!!!"

On the way out of the ride, we saw Belle getting ready to greet her guests at Akershus.

China!

Why did we let DD buy a dang drum?! IDK! But, she loves it to this day!!!

Pretty!

At one point, we got separated from my parents. We went to Lotus Blossom Cafe and ordered some egg rolls.

I guess we didn't get any pictures of the egg rolls, but they were really good!!

UP NEXT: What country was next?!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #104
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

More of World Showcase

The African Outpost!

We stopped here because DD wanted to get her face painted.

Okay, you know we're picture crazy when there is a picture of me taking a picture of my DD! hahahahahaha (I just noticed this one!)

All done!

World Showcase Lagoon

When I was planning this trip, it was hard for me to imagine boats in the lagoon for some reason. I guess I just didn't realize that Disney is THAT BIG! lol

Germany!

DH has been to Germany before and he said the showcase is spot on!

I really wanted to try something in the caramel shop, but it was super busy, so I skipped it. DH got a beer to enjoy and my parents ended up sharing their hot dog/sausage/frankfurter things. I can't remember exactly what they were! I don't care for sauerkraut, but when in Germany, right?

The pickle tree! LOL

Cute lizard just hanging out by the train set!

Not sure what my dad was doing here! LOL They found a little table to eat at and relax while DH and I took DD to meet Snow White!

She has such a cute greeting area.

Italy

I was kind of disappointed in the lack of food options in Italy! I couldn't find any carts or table service places. (Was I looking in the wrong spot?) I thought for sure there would be meatballs or gelato or something, but I was forced to get wine! LOL Oh, what a shame!

Maybe they served slices inside this pizzeria? I don't remember seeing it at the time.

As I drank my wine, we watched this entertainer for quite awhile.

UP NEXT: More Italy and The American Adenture

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #105
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

And On We Go...

But first, more of Italy. The architecture is so beautiful here!

Love those lamp posts.

Inside the wine bar:

Just beautiful!

To The American Adventure!

When we got here, we saw that Santa and Mrs. Clause were there!

OMG Knowing my son, this is TOO FUNNY!

<3 <3 <3

We shared a funnel cake. Nothing special, but on our quest to eat and drink around the world, it was a must!

DH almost got a turkey leg, but he wasn't that hungry.

UP NEXT: Japan and Morocco

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: