Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #2386
Males1011
Earning My Ears

-I had my first Dole Whip with my DGF on our trip last year. (Boy had I been missing out..)

-I still haven't seen Illuminations. Meh. (Which is weird, seeing how Epcot is my favorite park in the World)

-I'm stupid-bashful to have my picture taken with any of the characters.

-As much as I love the smell of the turkey legs, I had one once, and threw at least half of it away. Nasty.

-We missed Soarin' on our last trip, and by the time we got home, we actually felpt GUILTY about missing it! (We had lunch at Sunshine Seasons, and forgot about going back afterwards xD)

Jonathan (29)~! Cheryl (DGF24)
Males1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #2387
lindsay314
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the DIS, so it's fun to see that someone dug up this old thread! My "shameful secrets":
--I can't watch Wishes without crying.
--I'm almost 26 and desperately want to have a super-early breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.
--Meeting Ariel for the first time was one of the highlights of my trip this past Halloween.
--I've been to WDW 4 times and have never seen any kind of opening/rope drop show.
--I have never experienced the Country Bears, Swiss Family Treehouse, or Tom Sawyer Island.
--I have gone twice with family and twice with friends; I enjoyed all of them, but I would LOVE to try a solo trip and experience the parks at my own pace.
--I sometimes go to the DisneyParks website and price my dream vacation (a theme park view at a monorail hotel for one week).
--I can't wait to take my kids someday--whenever that will be (don't have kids, don't even have a BF at the moment)!
--I always tear up at my last glimpse of the castle--and I even teared up during the surprise moment in Enchanted Tales With Belle.
--I owned many Disney videos growing up, but never Dumbo because it made me so upset.
--I'm also not a fan of Tink. Don't think her attitude is one girls should really be modeling. When did she become so popular anyway?
--I still take my autograph book from 2002 to the parks and stand in line to meet characters (again, I'm almost 26!)
--I want to go to Disneyland in CA soooo bad. It might be a possibility this May, but nothing is set in stone yet.
--I work full-time as a sign language interpreter, and I've contemplated applying for interpreting jobs in Orlando just so I can move there, get a annual pass and go to the parks whenever I feel like it.
--I've only been 4 times, but WDW still feels like "home" every time I'm there. My parents don't really get it, but that's ok!

WDW
1st Visit: 07/1992--Off-Site
Family and Friends Trip: 07/2002--All-Star Music
Surprise! Last Minute Invite Trip: Valentine's Week 2012--Yacht Club
Friend Reunion: Halloween Week 2012--Pop Century
SERID Conference (Day Trip): 10/2013--Wyndham LBV
DLR
1st Visit: 05/2013--Day Trip

Last edited by lindsay314; 02-14-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: grammar error
lindsay314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #2388
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

My secrets:

1. Disney is my Happy Place: When I am sad or in stressful situations I visualize disney parks, hotels, etc and it helps me to calm down

2. Never had a dole whip, turkey leg, or been at rope drop.

3. The TOT gave me nightmares, even though I enjoyed at the time. So did Space Mountain.

4. I love the carousel of progress.

5. I only tell certain people when me and DH are planning a Disney trip.

6. DH gave me a Minnie watch for valentines day and it made me cry. I don't wear it but every so often because it makes me cry.

7. I read these boards when I have insomnia and it helps me sleep.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #2389
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Let me precede this by saying I've been to WDW at least 20 times:

-- I've never had a dole whip or turkey leg
-- I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island
-- Only been to AK once (when it first opened)
-- I think DL is a disappointment in comparison to WDW
-- I'm terrified of Honey I Shrunk the Audience in Epcot I have to wait outside while everyone else is in it
-- I still wait in lines for character autographs (I'm 22)
-- I am pretty much planning my Disneymoon around ADRs
-- I watched the Disney Christmas parades on TV and cried (it's clearly been too long)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #2390
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

have been more than 60 times.

1) joined DVC in 1993, 1995, 1998, 2000 - then sold 1993 (OKW) brought BLT (2009) - don't even ask how much that cost

2) my only Disney nightmares are about that silly clown at BWV.

3) have not had dole whip - think allergic to something in it

4) turkey legs had it once - NEVER again - definitely allergic

5) now go to WDW more for the resorts than the parks - yes spend a few hours in the parks every other day - but love the dvc resorts.

6) Love Soarin' do it every time I am at Epcot.
7) love walking to Epcot when staying at BWV or BCV
8) love taking the boat to Studios when I go to studios
9) use to love the buses - when the drivers could be original they were great!
10) love the monsters,inc - of course have loved everything here - hoping they will kept monster, inc - longer than the time travel thing
11) still have not taken the time to stop and relax in the parks.... really need to work on that

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #2391
grelca
Earning My Ears

i'd never even heard of a dole whip until last week, much less have i had one.

i could take or leave fireworks shows and parades.

i have planned but then not actually attempted drinking around the world my past two trips.

i think disneyland is lame (though i will probably still get an annual pass and go a ton when i finally move to la).

and is it really a secret if 13 of your friends witnessed it? but i got talked into going on space mountain and was bawling and hyperventilating at the end. took like half an hour to calm myself down.
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #2392
Irishman
Earning My Ears

Well after doing my first solo trip to disney.And I still don't know exactly about turkey leggs and dole whips..MK I can leave it.BUT the other Parks I love.I went to EPCOT...Had a blast.Just walked enjoyed the sights and the street shows in England,France.Japan.After drinking a few beers from a few different countries.I decided to get some Sushi...Afterwards I walked down to the shops there and i was looking at the swords ( man thing)...Well this very attractive small japanize woman came over to me all dreesed to a TEE.Looked up at me and ask if she could help me.My heart dropped when she spoke to me.( WOW)....No she did not sell me a sword.( I am sure TSA would have loved me)....But When she did sell me a kimono..Well I loved it.
I have not felt that way in a long time....
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #2393
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Im secretly trying to convert my inlaws into Disney fans when they have claimed to hate it their whole lives....

I plan to buy a season pass for just me on my next trip and then find excuses to go down to Florida three times in the coming year. I plan to work the "free parking" angle.

I secretly wish they would change the movie on Soarin' because I love that ride but I am deathly sick of that movie.

I use Orange flavored Lysol in my bathroom because it smells like the orange groves in Soarin' and reminds me of Disney bathrooms.

I am deathly and horrifically scared of Space Mountain.

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #2394
villavic
Earning My Ears

I can seat for 2 hours saving a good place to see the MK night parade. I can wait 40 minutes for Soarin, Big Thunder or Pirates. But... I don't like Fantasmic that much. It's a good show, but to me it's a waste of time seating for more than an hour to save a good seat to see that show. I already did it twice. I'm going again this year to the Studios but this time I'll skip Fantasmic.

There's a non-Disney shameful secret, but I want to share it with you guys because when I've told this to my friends, they just can't believe me: I always fall asleep in any of the 3 MATRIX movies. I just find them boring.
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #2395
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

I've never been on space mountain!

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #2396
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Two more:

-I hate birds... but I really liked the Flights of Wonder show. Shhh...

-We live near University of Florida, which has a beautiful campus, and I always find myself comparing some of the parks and entertainment/restaurants in the area to the ones at Disney. I just can't get it out of my head!

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #2397
taythegibs
Professional Pirate

I hate soarin.

I've never been to ts island even though ive spent hundreds of hours in mk.

I really dislike the new test track but it didnt stop me from riding it 4 times in a row.

Living with the Land is my favorite attraction at EPCOT.

When i watch Illuminations I cant do anything else while its going on.

Wishes makes me tear up every time (21yo male who has seen it dozens of times), and my favorite place to watch it is from behind the carousel.

I know disney better than i do my own hometown.

I AM a Pirate

EPCOT FW Custodial Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Qisney Quest Attractions Jan 2011-May 2011
POTC Attractions Aug 2012-Jan 2013
POTC Attractions-ct Jan 2013-????

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #2398
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

• I can't stand Tinkerbelle.
  • I don't get the hype about Soarin', I've been on both DW and DL's versions and they were both boring.
  • Frontierland is a giant mystery to me. I've ridden on BTMRR and Splash but honestly that's it... I (still) have no idea what Song of the South or the Country Bear Jamboree is about.
  • I love shopping but can't ever seem to find anything to spend my money on once I'm in a gift shop. I guess that makes it seem like I'm keeping to a "budget".
  • The three Disney movies I refuse to watch are Dumbo, Pinnochio, and Bambi. I think I've seen each maybe once or twice.
  • I want to like Snow White, but Adriana Caselotti's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and so the movie usually ends up in the previous category.
  • I am a Disney apologist. Sometimes it's hard for me to see Disney flaws. Sometimes its not so hard... They need to tone down the Princess photoshop-fest that's currently happening.

singastory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #2399
villavic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceDrawDream View Post
I've never been on space mountain!
And I've not been in Splash Mountain nor the Aerosmith RC. I do like speed but I hate fast falls, that's why avoid strong roller coasters.
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #2400
DisneyBalloons
should have been born into a Disney fairytale

- I read the Unofficial Guide (my Bible) and watch the Disney vacation movie whenever I am in need of a "Disney pick-me-up"

- never been to Tom Sawyer's Island

- Honey I Shrunk the Audience always terrified me

- I have been planning my Disney wedding forever, although there's no Prince Charming in my life
DisneyBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: