Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #376
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
That's too funny! I was just looking at someone's cruise TR and it was full of fabulous looking food and I was getting hungry.

Not any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Wish I could say I lost my appetite.

I went to two grocery stores today and was so proud of myself. I bought all sorts of vegetables and fresh fruit. I had really good intentions of making a salad with it. So what did I do? I came home and unloaded the groceries then ate a bag of cheetos and finished it off with a pack of Reese Cups while I watched Days of our Lives. I did make myself feel better about my lunch though, since I didn't drink a soda with it.

Gotta save those calories somewhere.

Sorry Sheree! Guess I should've left that story in the history books... at least until after dinner!

And Jo, my being grossed out obvioulsy didn't last too long. I think it was all forgotten about 3 1/2 minutes after I logged off the DIS b/c I just finished woofing down mac and cheese for dinner. I did have some green beans and grilled chicken with it though... so I didn't do too bad. And there wasn't a finger, plastic lego or staple on the menu anywhere... it was quite tasty!

You should NEVER have mentioned Reese's Cups though. I'm drooling at the thought!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #377
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Yes, I am sick and twisted... I just couldn't resist! If you want a good laugh, you have GOT to read this!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...s-finger_x.htm

Ever heard the old sayings 'truth is stranger than fiction' or 'you just can't make this stuff up'... so true, so true! This gal makes your hitchikers look like Mother Teresa!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 02-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #378
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Good Lord! That reminds me of the lady who found the finger in the Wendy's chili! And you know what... she was a scam artist too!!!!! She planted the finger in the chili so she could sue them... do you remember that? What a NUT! Ok... this conversation has helped me tremendously with my diet b/c I have totally lost my appetite. Think I'll be skipping dinner tonight!
I vaguely remember the story of the finger in Wendy's chili. It makes you wonder, though.......where the heck does someone get hold of a finger to pull off a scam like that?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #379
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I mean really what the heck?

Wouldn't you think if the man who is missing the finger found said digit after it was removed he would be like-- Say, ER doc, think you might could sew this back on? Instead, he's like Say, crazy lady- can I put my finger in your chili?

Now as far as eating bad stuff all day--- I'm staying away from home today to keep my fully attached digits out of the pantry where I keep the Reeses stash. Otherwise I'd be all up in it. Again.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #380
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

How strange that Sci-Fi didn't have a chicken sandwich on the menu (those are usually pretty standard). And it sounds like you had some interesting company at your meal as well. People like that are the reason why everyone else has to pay higher prices.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #381
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Your poor DS! That's terrible that the rash got better even after the Benadryl. I feel so terribly for him that he was so embarrassed. I hope he got to feeling better before the end of your trip.

That CM was so nice to drive you over to the Poly in the golf cart! Boo on your room not being ready, but that's great that you decided to head over to DHS because it looks like you had a pretty good morning there. I'm interested to read about the Jack Sparrow experience since I haven't read or seen much about it here on the boards.

We love eating at Sci Fi! We usually eat there every trip but this year I decided to change things up and make an ADR for 50's Prime Time instead. On our last DHS day, DH just couldn't take it anymore and we made it into Sci Fi as a walk in. I can't believe that couple behind you. How classless! But some people have made getting things for free an art form. Really pathetic.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #382
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I am sick and twisted... I just couldn't resist! If you want a good laugh, you have GOT to read this!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...s-finger_x.htm

Ever heard the old sayings 'truth is stranger than fiction' or 'you just can't make this stuff up'... so true, so true! This gal makes your hitchikers look like Mother Teresa!

Why have I never heard of this before???

So gross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
I vaguely remember the story of the finger in Wendy's chili. It makes you wonder, though.......where the heck does someone get hold of a finger to pull off a scam like that?

Quote:
I mean really what the heck?

Wouldn't you think if the man who is missing the finger found said digit after it was removed he would be like-- Say, ER doc, think you might could sew this back on? Instead, he's like Say, crazy lady- can I put my finger in your chili?

Well one would think so....

Now as far as eating bad stuff all day--- I'm staying away from home today to keep my fully attached digits out of the pantry where I keep the Reeses stash. Otherwise I'd be all up in it. Again.
Yeah, that's why you had to go shopping -- to stay out of the pantry. Uh huh.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #383
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
How strange that Sci-Fi didn't have a chicken sandwich on the menu (those are usually pretty standard). And it sounds like you had some interesting company at your meal as well. People like that are the reason why everyone else has to pay higher prices.
I know, I thought that was very strange too. I knew they had changed the menu, but come on!!

You are so right -- it's people like them who cause the prices to be higher for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Your poor DS! That's terrible that the rash got better even after the Benadryl. I feel so terribly for him that he was so embarrassed. I hope he got to feeling better before the end of your trip.

That CM was so nice to drive you over to the Poly in the golf cart! Boo on your room not being ready, but that's great that you decided to head over to DHS because it looks like you had a pretty good morning there. I'm interested to read about the Jack Sparrow experience since I haven't read or seen much about it here on the boards.

We love eating at Sci Fi! We usually eat there every trip but this year I decided to change things up and make an ADR for 50's Prime Time instead. On our last DHS day, DH just couldn't take it anymore and we made it into Sci Fi as a walk in. I can't believe that couple behind you. How classless! But some people have made getting things for free an art form. Really pathetic.

It was pretty awful for a few days. Poor little guy!

Yes, it was super nice of that CM to take us over. We were very grateful. It seemed to dumb to get a taxi to go next door!

That is so funny that your DH had to go to Sci-Fi!! That's great that he was able to get a walk in!

Yep, those people seemed to have the routine down to an art.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #384
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I love Sci Fi! Your sandwich, even with the missing "b" (mmmm, bacon) looks yummy!

I cannot believe the nerve of the guests behind you. If your food is awful, then you tell them right away. Not eat most of it and then lie! What is wrong with people nowadays?!

How's your trip planning going Shelly? Gosh I have the Disney blues something fierce.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #385
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I love Sci Fi! Your sandwich, even with the missing "b" (mmmm, bacon) looks yummy!

I cannot believe the nerve of the guests behind you. If your food is awful, then you tell them right away. Not eat most of it and then lie! What is wrong with people nowadays?!

How's your trip planning going Shelly? Gosh I have the Disney blues something fierce.

It was good!

I wish I knew what was wrong with people...

My trip planning is coming along okay. I got the airfare. We are flying into Tampa and going to Clearwater for a few nights before Disney. Or at least that was the plan...That part of the trip is ending up to cost way more than I want to spend, so now IDK what to do. Other than that confusion things are looking good. ADR day is in one week!!

Any Disney trips in your future??
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #386
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #387
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #389
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

To y'all, too!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #390
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!

Quote:
Ditto!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

To y'all, too!!

Thanks! Hope you are all having a wonderful evening.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: