Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #301
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I think it's your warm and friendly smile
Now you are making me You know as well as I do that it is up to the room assignors, but a warm friendly smile never hurts I actually had a CM in training checking us in this time and the CM standing with her was pointing out our room requests and explaining that the notations meant those requests had been met.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #302
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Now you are making me You know as well as I do that it is up to the room assignors, but a warm friendly smile never hurts I actually had a CM in training checking us in this time and the CM standing with her was pointing out our room requests and explaining that the notations meant those requests had been met.
While I have you on the line here, Melissa, I'd love to know more about a little something in your signature. What is Disney College of Knowledge Grad? Is it CM training?

I didn't know there was a notation made in reservations regarding whether requests were met or not - thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #303
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While I have you on the line here, Melissa, I'd love to know more about a little something in your signature. What is Disney College of Knowledge Grad? Is it CM training?

I didn't know there was a notation made in reservations regarding whether requests were met or not - thank you!
Disney College of Knowledge was a course I had to take when I was a travel agent for AAA. They required all agents who sold Disney to take the course (and graduate, I have graduation ears ). I'll take a picture of the ears and post them, I keep everything, LOL!

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #304
babyberger
DIS Veteran

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #305
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Melissa- are you the same Babyberger screen name on Cruise Critic? I think you looked familiar form there!
I doubt ill have much luck finding new soft goods either, but I will take photos of what we have in our room and any " construction" I see out there!

My TA also went to College of Knowledge! She said it was great! She was so wonderful, while we were on our ABD in August, our 180 days came up and she got up at 6 AM (Eastern time- she lives in Central!) on a Saturday!!, and booked all out ADRs based off of a spreadsheet I gave her with first, second choices etc. She got us BOG in NFL...I love her!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #306
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston
Melissa- are you the same Babyberger screen name on Cruise Critic? I think you looked familiar form there!
I doubt ill have much luck finding new soft goods either, but I will take photos of what we have in our room and any " construction" I see out there!

My TA also went to College of Knowledge! She said it was great! She was so wonderful, while we were on our ABD in August, our 180 days came up and she got up at 6 AM (Eastern time- she lives in Central!) on a Saturday!!, and booked all out ADRs based off of a spreadsheet I gave her with first, second choices etc. She got us BOG in NFL...I love her!
Yes I am the same person I miss cruising and the CC boards!

Sounds like you have a great agent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #307
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Disney College of Knowledge was a course I had to take when I was a travel agent for AAA. They required all agents who sold Disney to take the course (and graduate, I have graduation ears ). I'll take a picture of the ears and post them, I keep everything, LOL!
Quote:

That's terrific, Melissa! I would be wearing that hat everyday at WDW if I were you - so cool!!! Thanks for sharing it with us
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #308
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

That's terrific, Melissa! I would be wearing that hat everyday at WDW if I were you - so cool!!! Thanks for sharing it with us
It was sooo long ago....a blip in life. But fun to look back at

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #309
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you for letting us know about your villa. That is just the sort of thing I worried about after having read some similar reviews. I guess we were just lucky to not have any of those issues with our oned bedroom in August. I think room condition can be more iffy with DVC since they are rehabbed infrequently and on a different schedule than non-DVC rooms. I understand how this would turn you off to BLT.

Have you considered going over to the CR lobby and speaking to a manager to let them know about the problems?
We stayed using someone's points so I didn't say anything to management. It certainly didn't ruin our trip and after staying at most of the resorts it just makes us 100% sure we are going to stick with the CR :-)
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #310
WDWKOOK

Quote:
It was sooo long ago....a blip in life. But fun to look back at

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's life though - many, many blips and one great hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
We stayed using someone's points so I didn't say anything to management. It certainly didn't ruin our trip and after staying at most of the resorts it just makes us 100% sure we are going to stick with the CR :-)
I wondered if you were on points because I've been curious if DVC owners/those staying on points are given different rooms than those staying on cash reservations? I've wondered if the cash reservation rooms/non-DVC are maintained differently/better since they get housekeeping everyday so those rooms are scrutinized more often/closely? I have no idea, just wondering
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #311
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's life though - many, many blips and one great hat

I wondered if you were on points because I've been curious if DVC owners/those staying on points are given different rooms than those staying on cash reservations? I've wondered if the cash reservation rooms/non-DVC are maintained differently/better since they get housekeeping everyday so those rooms are scrutinized more often/closely? I have no idea, just wondering
It should be all one big pool that is assigned based on booking category without any consideration to cash or points. Of course "should" may not reflect reality. The 1BR we were in a year ago on points was in perfect condition, notwithstanding the issue we had with the flooding from the shower. But that was an issue with the initial build (according to the engineer), nothing to do with housekeeping/upkeep.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #312
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

We paid rack (I know- crazy, but I needed full cancellation due to my FIL being ill- he passed 2 mos ago today, so we are a go for next week)
So I will report if we get a super duper spectacular new shiny fab furnishings ( we had better for our nightly rate!)
Melissa- I miss having a fellow Boston sports fan on CC, maybe you will be back to ruining soon!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #313
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston
We paid rack (I know- crazy, but I needed full cancellation due to my FIL being ill- he passed 2 mos ago today, so we are a go for next week)
So I will report if we get a super duper spectacular new shiny fab furnishings ( we had better for our nightly rate!)
Melissa- I miss having a fellow Boston sports fan on CC, maybe you will be back to ruining soon!
I am sorry to hear about your FIL

Rack rate is scary!!!! We were discounted in Dec, but not by much and then when we added CL is blew the nightly rate out if the water! Reminds me of cruising with no discounts LOL! But the Aquatheater suite was soooooo worth it, just like CR and BLT

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #314
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
It should be all one big pool that is assigned based on booking category without any consideration to cash or points. Of course "should" may not reflect reality. The 1BR we were in a year ago on points was in perfect condition, notwithstanding the issue we had with the flooding from the shower. But that was an issue with the initial build (according to the engineer), nothing to do with housekeeping/upkeep.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Not to cause problems, but if there are any discounts that came out later for your stay: AAA, AP, general public... You can still try to apply them now to your reservation.
Quote:
I am sorry to hear about your FIL

But the Aquatheater suite was soooooo worth it, just like CR and BLT

Oh, do tell and I'm also sorry for you and DH's loss.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #315
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Getting caught up on all the great posts !

DH and I also own timeshare at Marriott Kauai Beach and they do give 1st request to home resort owners over folks trading in and those paying cash. I thought our DVC guy told us that was same with Disney. We had a great 1BD BLT villa on the outside curve when we stayed in Oct and no room problems.

DH and I are scheduled to stay next week on atrium level at CR so will be sure to take pics of refurb providing it is finished. Haven't gotten a call yet so keeping my fingers crossed refurb is finished.

If anybody is an airline employee or married to one, they have a GREAT interline discount !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: