Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #286
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Hoooorrray!!

We are renting DVC points for a stay Sept 15-20. This is going to be a long, painful wait. But we stayed at BLT last fall and with two in strollers and the joy of the 2br with my parents, I'm completely smitten! We booked lake view...hoping to see the electric water parade!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #287
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
We are staying in a one bedroom lake view this summer. We're excited to try something new and to have extra space. If there are stains on the sheets, I would call housekeeping. It is hard to remove a stain from a sofa, but you should have spotless sheets. Do you think the unit will be spacious enough for three adults---DH, DS (18) and me?
The 1BR is definitely spacious enough for three adults. The extra bathroom will really help as well, DS could basically take that over as his own. He'll love it.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #288
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva78 View Post
Okay, I need some honest opinions here. We're planning for a Disney trip next year and I had convinced myself we would probably spend 7 nights at POR or POFQ. But I could not resist the draw of staying somewhere on the monorail line since we'll be doing 2 days at MK and probably 1 1/2 days at Epcot. Unfortunately the CR is going to be out of our budget. So now I think I'd like to try to rent points for 4 nights at BLT in a studio and 3 nights at POR or POFQ, which will cost about the same. The problem is everyone talks about how small the studios are! There would be four of us in the room - myself, DH, and two girls who will be 5 and 6. We'll definitely plan on spending a lot of time in the parks, but will try to come back to the resort each day for some down time, probably to swim and relax. There are several character and other TS meals we want to do that are in the MK area as well, so I thought it would be perfect to do our MK and Epcot days during the first part of our trip. So do you think the small studio is still worth it to stay at BLT?
I did three nights in a studio with my dh, 10 year old and 12 year old. We were really only in the room to sleep. We had enough space to move around easily. The storage leaves a lot to be desired. The closet wasn't big enough for our suitcases so we stacked them up in front of the ajoining door across from the bathroom.When you take the cushions off to use the sofa bed, there is really nowhere out of the way to put them.If things don't get put away the room can get cluttered up fast.
I think you'd be fine with your two little guys, but I think I pushed the limit with my tweens and I wouldn' stay in a studio with the four of us again.
May 2011: First Disney Cruise/First Stay at BLT
December 2011: First MVMCP/First WL Stay
September 2013: First Mother/Daughter Trip
April 2014:First Disney Cruise without stop in WDW
December 2014: First Mother/Son Trip

Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #289
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
We are at BLT now staying in a one bedroom. I really like the one bedroom because it has so much extra space. I will say that the unit we are staying in is in need of some repair. There are stains on the sheets, curtains, sofa and carpets. There is a piece of veneer missing off the island in the kitchen. The glass shower door is holding on by a thread. And there are numerous bumps and dings in the stainless steel appliances and the walls.
We stayed here this time as the atrium level was being renovated so we decided to try BLT. Nothing against BLT but both my husband and I really prefer staying at the CR.
Thank you for letting us know about your villa. That is just the sort of thing I worried about after having read some similar reviews. I guess we were just lucky to not have any of those issues with our oned bedroom in August. I think room condition can be more iffy with DVC since they are rehabbed infrequently and on a different schedule than non-DVC rooms. I understand how this would turn you off to BLT.

Have you considered going over to the CR lobby and speaking to a manager to let them know about the problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Ahhh, Kook. Love those pics of your DD feeding the ducks.

Hmmm. You've really got me considering not requesting top floor (usually go for this since I'm such a light sleeper). King bed, patio?
A king bed request will limit you as there are fewer of those that face Bay Lake than two queens. We, like you, always request a top floor when we're not staying CL. But in this case, walking right out onto your patio is and besides, there are no balconies on the other floors so a patio is nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We don't rent points just because you never know what it going to happen and I would hate to be locked into something.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Spoken from the mouth of a Resort Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
We are staying in a one bedroom lake view this summer. We're excited to try something new and to have extra space. If there are stains on the sheets, I would call housekeeping. It is hard to remove a stain from a sofa, but you should have spotless sheets. Do you think the unit will be spacious enough for three adults---DH, DS (18) and me?
Plenty big! DH, DD and I stayed in August and DD took the sleeper sofa and bath and DH and I had the master/bath. I'll tell you though, it's hard staying anywhere else at WDW after having 1000 SF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
We are renting DVC points for a stay Sept 15-20. This is going to be a long, painful wait. But we stayed at BLT last fall and with two in strollers and the joy of the 2br with my parents, I'm completely smitten! We booked lake view...hoping to see the electric water parade!
and happy planning! To assure you can see the EWP from your Lake View, you might want to request that as it might be difficult to see from some outer villas on the north side. I would think you can see it from all inner BLV villas and outer BLV villas on the south side nearest CR, like we had.

Taken from the Sky Bridge:
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #290
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
A king bed request will limit you as there are fewer of those that face Bay Lake than two queens. We, like you, always request a top floor when we're not staying CL. But in this case, walking right out onto your patio is and besides, there are no balconies on the other floors so a patio is nice to have.
Thank you o' wise one. I'll ditch the "King Bed" request and perhaps just ask for "no connecting door" -- is that what you usually add to your ressie? Oh duh, can you actually request a Lake view?! I've got a lot to learn about CR.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #291
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you o' wise one. I'll ditch the "King Bed" request and perhaps just ask for "no connecting door" -- is that what you usually add to your ressie? Oh duh, can you actually request a Lake view?! I've got a lot to learn about CR.
Yes, we ALWAYS request "no connecting door," though not with our upcoming cabin stay or BLT where it's kind of a moot point, too. If you book a Garden View, you can request "Facing Bay Lake." When you check-in, ask about your room location, even if the room isn't ready, they do have it blocked and know where it is and can show you on the map. If it isn't what you hoped, you can work with the CM who will most likely, "go to the back" and ask the room assignor.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #292
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Talking Leaving in a few days!

We head to BLT in a week after a short visit with my folks on the west coast. Thanks to Kook, and others who helped us plan with pics and info here. We actually added a day due to a change in DH's work schedule and even though our TA was able to find a discounted rate on either WL or BW villas, we just decided to stay with BLT for our first experience at a monorail resort (with the kids) rather than go back to a resort where we'd already stayed.

I will post a little "review" here of our experience at the resort, when we return and post a few "live" photos with my phone.

If anyone has specific "pictoral" questions, (though there is not much that hasn't already covered here by Kook) I will try to get answers. We have a busy 4 days, so I may not have time.

Thanks again fellow posters
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #293
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
We head to BLT in a week after a short visit with my folks on the west coast. Thanks to Kook, and others who helped us plan with pics and info here. We actually added a day due to a change in DH's work schedule and even though our TA was able to find a discounted rate on either WL or BW villas, we just decided to stay with BLT for our first experience at a monorail resort (with the kids) rather than go back to a resort where we'd already stayed.

I will post a little "review" here of our experience at the resort, when we return and post a few "live" photos with my phone.

If anyone has specific "pictoral" questions, (though there is not much that hasn't already covered here by Kook) I will try to get answers. We have a busy 4 days, so I may not have time.

Thanks again fellow posters
Can't wait for you live photos and TR! Thanks for the offer to take photos and I hope you have a wonderful time at WDW and BLT!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #294
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Any photos of the ongoing soft goods refurb?? Wondering if they are replacing with the same or new designs?

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #295
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Any photos of the ongoing soft goods refurb?? Wondering if they are replacing with the same or new designs?
babyberger just returned from CR and reported that they had only started on the club level floors which are closed and restricted due to the rehab so no photos yet - maybe next month? A housekeeper (more reliable than the bus driver?) told her that they were only putting in new carpeting, headboard, mattress and box spring.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #296
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
I honestly asked everyday, very nicely too, if there was anyway I could peak at a refurb'd room. Everytime I was shot down From what I was told the bed linens are staying the same as they were recently changed, but as KOOK said the carpets and headboards are changing. Also the day beds were mentioned, I think she said they were being resurfaced

Here is a pic I took of the bed, the circle design was not on the linens when we were there in December.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #297
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we ALWAYS request "no connecting door," though not with our upcoming cabin stay or BLT where it's kind of a moot point, too. If you book a Garden View, you can request "Facing Bay Lake." When you check-in, ask about your room location, even if the room isn't ready, they do have it blocked and know where it is and can show you on the map. If it isn't what you hoped, you can work with the CM who will most likely, "go to the back" and ask the room assignor.
Okay, that settles it then... I'll go for "Facing Bay Lake, No Connecting Door. Pretty please with sugar on top."

Regarding the refurb, I wonder if they'll eventually make their way out to the Garden Wing? All appendages crossed they'll be done by October, I'm looking forward to the quiet setting (i.e., please no upgrade, please no upgrade).
Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #298
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Okay, that settles it then... I'll go for "Facing Bay Lake, No Connecting Door. Pretty please with sugar on top."

Regarding the refurb, I wonder if they'll eventually make their way out to the Garden Wing? All appendages crossed they'll be done by October, I'm looking forward to the quiet setting (i.e., please no upgrade, please no upgrade).
According to the first page/post 1, the rehab is of all rooms and will be completed by March 22. I don't expect it to go over by 7 months - appendage crossing not necessary. Yes, adding sugar will help and a C-note at check-in.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #299
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According to the first page/post 1, the rehab is of all rooms and will be completed by March 22. I don't expect it to go over by 7 months - appendage crossing not necessary. Yes, adding sugar will help and a C-note at check-in.
You're too funny We have had our room request met both times at CR, actually room requests have been met everywhere we have stayed recently No c-notes needed

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #300
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
You're too funny We have had our room request met both times at CR, actually room requests have been met everywhere we have stayed recently No c-notes needed
I think it's your warm and friendly smile
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: