Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
bee86
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if this is still running?
If so, what is it like? Is it worth it??

Thinking of a cruise for myself and mum but the others are a bit too expensive this seems like a more budget friendly option!

Any info on the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage would be much appreciated

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights

Last edited by bee86; 12-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
sarahb74
Mouseketeer

Hi. We did Pirates & pals this August - it was good fun, our boys (11 & 6) really enjoyed it, as did we. The snacks you get beforehand are just desserts/sweets and a bit sickly tbh so we didnt have much. There is a PP photographer to do pictures with Hook and Smee against a nice background before you go - it was a bit chaotic, there was a mad rush for the line so we let everyone else go first, then by the time they got to us they were in a rush to leave so we didnt get many pics (unlike some families who had done loads of different combinations of people!). The "cruise" itself was a lot of fun, singing and quizzes, great view of the fireworks, all the kids got a present at the end, and the photo op with Peter Pan was good too. It was certainly good value for money (we did a private illuminations cruise too which was absolutely amazing but ridiculously expensive, but it was a wedding anniversary present to ourselves!). Only thing to watch is that with both cruises, they were nearly cancelled just before they left due to the weather, which I found quite stressful as the chief planner! Especially as the kids didnt know about either until we got to the meeting points, where we told them what we were doing, and then had to tell them that it might not go ahead! But all in all we had a great time and I'd definitely recommend it.

Hope that helps!
Sarah

HNY April 2008, DLH Feb 2010, HNY Dec 2010, ESC May 2011, CC Aug 2013, HNY Feb 2014
Poly Aug 2012
Grand Californian Aug 2014
sarahb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
scottishgirl1
Mouseketeer

We did Pirates and Pals in October 2010 and did the illuminations cruise the following year and would agree with the above.

We and the kids enjoyed both but Pirates and Pals is definitely much better value for money and we are glad we did the Illuminations for a birthday but we wouldnt repeat it whilst we would definitely go on pirates and pals again sometime.

You would need to check which nights pirates and pals runs though as when we went in October it was only on certain nights of the week. I also cant remember if this was able to be booked at 180 days out like the Illuminations cruise or not.
scottishgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
bee86
DIS Veteran

Thanks to both of you for the great information and details about it, nice to get honest opinions

Im going to do a bit more thinking about it, mainly from a budget perspective but its sounding much better from your accounts than what I had in my head and a plus to have the photopass photographers but a pity about the chaos surrounding it and it almost being cancelled though!

Again thanks for the info

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
sarahs11
Earning My Ears

Hi there, is it safe to assume that the Pirates and Pals is mainly for if you have children? (i.e. a single couple w/o kids would be awkward) Looking for something special like this but not as pricey as a whole boat as there are only two of us.
sarahs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahs11 View Post
Hi there, is it safe to assume that the Pirates and Pals is mainly for if you have children? (i.e. a single couple w/o kids would be awkward) Looking for something special like this but not as pricey as a whole boat as there are only two of us.
Hi ,welcome to the DIS

We did the pirates and pals on christmas eve amd whilst it was mainly families there were some couples on board too, so no I don't think you be out of place. There were also some jokes that would have gone over the heads of the younger pirates!

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: