Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

Help me Decide: POR or AKV

Help me decide:
POR Riverside or AKV. The total difference oop would be about $400 as I would be renting points for the AKV. I would have the room with the trundle at POR and at AKV 1/2 the time standard studio and the other half savannah view studio.
Please tell me why you choose one over the other or what you think I'd be missing by not staying in one or the other

THanks So Much
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I'm a DVC owner at BCV but AKV is my favorite resort of all the DVC resorts. I love the theming there. However, I would never stay in a studio with more than 2 people. The rooms are very cramped once the sleeper is unfolded and there's very little storage space for clothing, not like hotel rooms.

So if you are 2 people, I'd pick AKV. If you are more than 2, I'd pick POR.

AKV has better pools and you get a balcony and a kitchenette.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
RocketEAR99
DIS Veteran

I'm with Pakey on this one. AKV is the BEST for theme and especially if you have a shot at that savannah view. But yeah, if you're more than 2 people or 2 adults and a kid, it does get cramped. I went to a studio as one of 3 adults on two occasions. It was bearable, but that's it.
My past trips:WDW-1: Jun 1992 (Off Property), WDW-2: Aug 1997 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2007 (POP), WDW-4: Jan 2009 (SSR), WDW-5: May 2009 (BWV), WDW-6: Oct 2009 (AKV Kidani), WDW-7: Mar 2010 (BLT), WDW-8: Jan 2011 (AKV Kidani), WDW-9: May 2011 (SSR), WDW-10: Feb 2012 (OKW), WDW-11: Oct 2012 (VWL), WDW-12: May 2013 (BWV)

Me Maverick

RocketEAR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The trundles at POR are no longer. All of these rooms now have murphy beds which pull down from the wall, and are smaller than the trundle. There is also less storage as a result. The murphy bed is meant for children 12 or 11 and under, and it wouldn't be able to hold anyone bigger.

I'm assuming you have a family of 5? I think you'd have more room at AK, but I would miss the daily housekeeping and I'd get annoyed at the transportation. The main part of a deluxe resort for me is alternate transportation, and AKL doesn't have that so it's not worth the price to me. However, $400 isn't much to upgrade for the extra room.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: