Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
I'm not going to spend a bunch of money for genuine pins that my son will trade with CMs for scrappers of characters he likes. He doesn't care whether they are real or not, Disney supposedly doesn't mind "scrapper-trading," so I think it all depends on your motivation. Bad move to buy a $5 pin to trade for a 50 cent one.
As I said, I pay $2 for trading pins, and yes, I have tons of scrappers in my collection, from previous eBay buys (before I knew about scrappers) and from trades. If you pin trade it's something you have to decide to deal with or not, I report scrappers sellers to eBay, sometimes they get kicked off eBay, sometimes they don't. That part is up to Disney. The part that is up to me is to purchase authentic pins so that's what I do. Disney does NOT support scrappers or trading scrappers, they do however want their guests to have good experiences so they tend to not turn away trades. I have seen many CM's take a pin they suspect is fake in trade and then put that pin in their pocket and not on their lanyard, they do care as it does hurt the hobby in the long run. They have prosecuted people in Anaheim for selling scrapper pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I don't call them fake/scrappers, that is your term. I think it is elitist and insulting to insist that your pins are real and my pins are fake because you paid more for your pins than I did for mine.

Mike
Excuse me, that is NOT my term, that is the term given to those pins BY DISNEY. It isn't elitist or insulting, it is a simple fact. How long have you been trading? Anywhere you go experienced traders will tell you the same thing that I have said here. You are buying fake/scrapper pins if you are paying 50cents per pin, there is simply no way that they are authentic and approved by Disney. Like I said, if you want to continue to trade them that's your choice, but I chose to support the hobby in a different manner and will continue to purchase authentic pins for trading for around $2 per pin. I didn't insist my pins were real, however if you and I sat down together and compared our pins purchased from eBay I'm confident that most of mine would be authentic and many of yours would have flaws that would indicate it was a scrapper. I'm not snooty at all, I'm just aware of the hazards of pin trading. Have a nice day.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
Disneyepcot
Earning My Ears

Disney World limited pin sales locations?

How do I find out when and where limited pins will be released and sold?

I ask because I happened by a line of collectors in the Contemporary Resort on Dec 6, 2012 waiting for the store to open selling the most recent Piece of Disney Movies Cell pin. I was able to purchase the pin for myself and this store sold out of their allotment before noon.
Disneyepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
LaurenRenae
Earning My Ears

Can you trade Vinylmation and/or mini pins for regular size and non-Vinylmation pins? They seem to be the cheapest of the pins at the Disney Store (I have a gift card), and since I'm just getting them for my daughter to trade, I don't care what they look like. I just want to make sure before getting them. Thanks!
LaurenRenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyepcot View Post
How do I find out when and where limited pins will be released and sold?

I ask because I happened by a line of collectors in the Contemporary Resort on Dec 6, 2012 waiting for the store to open selling the most recent Piece of Disney Movies Cell pin. I was able to purchase the pin for myself and this store sold out of their allotment before noon.
ODPT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenRenae View Post
Can you trade Vinylmation and/or mini pins for regular size and non-Vinylmation pins? They seem to be the cheapest of the pins at the Disney Store (I have a gift card), and since I'm just getting them for my daughter to trade, I don't care what they look like. I just want to make sure before getting them. Thanks!
Yes, these are absolutely 100% perfect for trading. Mini pins and standard size are both fine. I actually collect mini pins because they are cute. LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
Disneyepcot
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the information. I have bookmarked ODPT.com.
Disneyepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

You're quite welcome Please feel free to drop by with any questions you might have. We'd love to have you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: