Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #601
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, awesome update!

The switched bag would have me in a panic. I would have lost my mind! I'm so glad you got it sorted out.

The girls are adorable in their matching outfits!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #602
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Happy Birthday
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #604
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, playing catch-up again.

So glad the surprise in the journal hit when it did, after such a long day.

You know, I could have happily lived my entire life without hearing that rat story!

OMG on the luggage story! YIKES! And yes, I'd want to beat your dad senseless too. I have 2 cell phone resistors here at our house as well. Robbie has needed his twice and been unable to use it because 1) it was in the car that had been towed and 2) it won't work on a cord if your battery is dead. Then of course there was last week when my husband's car died and his phone was at home. Are they just all alike?

But man..... on vacation? GADS what a mess that could have been!

But this more than makes up for all the headaches, right?

They are so STINKIN cute!

Of course, this one might be even cuter:

And yea for getting to meet Rinky Tinky Tinky! I'm so jealous of all nicely.

I can just feel the excitement and craziness when you guys boarded the Dream.

So glad you got to meet Pluto, and I'm loving the photo in your signature.

And LOL at you telling Gail she's a loser. I have the same problem every time I hand my camer off to someone. The whole "viewfinder" concept appears to be quite out of date!

Your excitement for sailing is so infectious, even for someone like me who is pretty sure they never will. You tell the story so well, it really makes me want to try it......
I was so surprised to find that gift card! I am a gift card junkie. When people asked what I wanted for my b-day I told them Disney or Amazon gift cards. My family is like really? You want more Disney gift cards? Um yeah, I will be going back at some point in time and that is really where I like to spend my money.

The kids were too cute. They all were so excited. I think the younger 2 weren't really sure what was going on, only tht Mickey was involved. I think they all turned into cruising pros pretty quickly though.
I wish I would win the lottery, (I know I say that a lot and still rarely play) and could take the family again. Claire had a BLAST with Alexis being onboard with her. And Aunt Mary and Geoff too. They spoil the girls so much. And they are fun. There were times Claire would be off with one of them and tell me to leave because she was having fun and I would ruin it. LOL

Gail and I get a long pretty good now, but growing up I was soooo mean to her. I hated her. She was a pest and annoying, you know, all the things a younger sybling is. And she was good at being sly and then when I attacked her I got caught and she was all innocent. LOL.

I do hope you get to cruise someday. I know you would love it. In fact if I did ever win the lottery, I would be taking you, Katie, Carey and Kadence on one! What fun that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh, awesome update!

The switched bag would have me in a panic. I would have lost my mind! I'm so glad you got it sorted out.

The girls are adorable in their matching outfits!
Thanks.
It was a bit sketchy there for a while. I just kept thinkg we WOULD get it back. I had to stay positive in our panicked state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Happy Birthday
Thanks so much

Quote:
HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY BIRTHDAY JEN!
Thank you! It's going to be a totally different kind of one today!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #605
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do hope you get to cruise someday. I know you would love it. In fact if I did ever win the lottery, I would be taking you, Katie, Carey and Kadence on one! What fun that would be!

See..... I'm just quoting this so that when you do win you can't edit the promise from your post!

Thank you! It's going to be a totally different kind of one today!

Boy, ain't that the truth. Maybe if you give the doctor a box of chocolates and tell him it's your birthday he'll keep Skip in one more night!

mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #606
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND VALENTINE'S DAY!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #607
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Abby was not so happy about this. She still wanted to see Mickey MOOWSE! I started to laugh and say how cruel we were. After all we had prepared her for this for a year and got her excited about meeting characters and then the first one she sees we say she can’t.
You guys ARE totally cruel! Poor thing! I hope she recovered!

Quote:

Great shot of the whole gang! Love the T's.

That boat just looks so fabulous and that chandelier - no matter how many times I see it I still can't believe how beautiful it is. Can't wait to see it in person.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #608
MEK
DIS Veteran

What - it's your B-day!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #609
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Gail and I get a long pretty good now, but growing up I was soooo mean to her. I hated her. She was a pest and annoying, you know, all the things a younger sybling is. And she was good at being sly and then when I attacked her I got caught and she was all innocent. LOL.
You could be describing me and my little sister here! She looked and acted like a perfect angel when everyone was looking, tortured me when no one was looking and then everyone managed to see only me giving her the smack she so richly deserved!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #610
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

LOL! I will don't worry!
I just talked to Skip, he sounded down right away, so I knew he was probably staying another night. And i was right. The Dr. says he needs to keep him away from smoking and the barn, plus he is waiting on culture results. So it sounds like till at least Sat. he will be there. Which is good. I am glad the Dr. is taking control. Je told Skip if he was bad, he would take his hip away from him. But seriously if the infection goes into the new hip, he would have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND VALENTINE'S DAY!
Thanks Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You guys ARE totally cruel! Poor thing! I hope she recovered!

Great shot of the whole gang! Love the T's.

That boat just looks so fabulous and that chandelier - no matter how many times I see it I still can't believe how beautiful it is. Can't wait to see it in person.
We are sooo mean. But believe me that kid was very spoiled on this trip.
I never get tired of looking at it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What - it's your B-day!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. It's a crazy day, but I have stopped for a few minutes to eat a gourmet bologna sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
You could be describing me and my little sister here! She looked and acted like a perfect angel when everyone was looking, tortured me when no one was looking and then everyone managed to see only me giving her the smack she so richly deserved!
too funny. Yes, Gail was Mom's little angel for many years, I of course knew better. And never once believed , even till this day.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #611
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Stopping in to say hello even though I have been lurking for a while now. Looking forward to reading more. Going over to read your TR about your trip with your friend Lisa because my DD has an overnight guest and they are sleeping in the family room downstairs. Because of this, DH is up in the bedroom and he insists on watching Ben Hur tonight. So I might as well read one of your TR's if I have to watch that for four hours .....
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #612
Beth D
DIS Veteran

All caught up on this one now! I keep a roll of neon colored smiley face stickers in one suitcase, and plaster new ones all over everythign when we go on another trip. Stands right out against our bag colors, yet not a string that we have to worry about getting caught on a luggage carousel!

Do you find that you still do the same things when you board a cruise, even though you're up to what 3 or 4 now? I was thinking about how I spent last year on the ship, and what i'd do next year. We're still on a smaller ship, but since we're sailing out of a different port - Miami, I'll still probably spend most of sail away up on deck watching the coast/scenerey go by.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #613
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Catching up again!

Loved the AKL & Boma pics. Would you recommend breakfast at Boma? We've had dinner there, but not breakfast. May have to try breakfast on our next trip!

LOVE the kids' matching cruise outfits!!! So cute!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #614
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Happy belayed bday
Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #615
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Stopping in to say hello even though I have been lurking for a while now. Looking forward to reading more. Going over to read your TR about your trip with your friend Lisa because my DD has an overnight guest and they are sleeping in the family room downstairs. Because of this, DH is up in the bedroom and he insists on watching Ben Hur tonight. So I might as well read one of your TR's if I have to watch that for four hours .....
Thanks for reading along!! I often have to find a corner to read stuff too as others don't wantto share the Tv as well. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
All caught up on this one now! I keep a roll of neon colored smiley face stickers in one suitcase, and plaster new ones all over everythign when we go on another trip. Stands right out against our bag colors, yet not a string that we have to worry about getting caught on a luggage carousel!

Do you find that you still do the same things when you board a cruise, even though you're up to what 3 or 4 now? I was thinking about how I spent last year on the ship, and what i'd do next year. We're still on a smaller ship, but since we're sailing out of a different port - Miami, I'll still probably spend most of sail away up on deck watching the coast/scenerey go by.
I did things differently each time somewhat and then some things the same. This is my 3rd. Both Dream cruises I went to Cabanas, but on the magic went to Parrot Cay. This time was a bit different as it wasn't pouring rain like last time on the Dream. And with family I went about things differently too. It was very different than my first day on the magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Catching up again!

Loved the AKL & Boma pics. Would you recommend breakfast at Boma? We've had dinner there, but not breakfast. May have to try breakfast on our next trip!

LOVE the kids' matching cruise outfits!!! So cute!
it was good. If you are staying there, it's more worth it so you don't have o travel so far.
I don't think at this point in time we will go over just for breakfast there, but never say never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Happy belayed bday
Thanks. I feel older this week too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: