Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #241
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
Thank you so much!!! I am pretty sure that I can handle those steps even at the end of the day!
You are welcome! I took those pictures for another poster who was questioning how steep the stairs were. They really aren't that bad and have the landing in the middle.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #242
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Just watched DIS Unpluged on their 7 days 7 resorts. Very good reviews. Lisa who says she would like to try POR but always returns to CBR would like to know they rated the resort the best except Boatworks TS was bad but the resort was great. To move on to CBR. Shutters had a terrible review last year and said that eating out of the garbage at any other resort was better. Well this has changed. They raved about both the service and food. This is all due to the Chef for the Dream now oversees Shutters. Good move on WDW's part. They rated the grounds at CBR as the most beautiful. Thy had heard that people smelled mold and believe mousekeeping is not the best. The review felt that the smell was mostly bleach and people who checked in early had a stronger smell then those that came at about 3pm. Thy felt that the food court was one of the best at WDW. The feel at CBR was one of the best at WDW. They hated the pirate bed though. Only real drawback of CBR was no Queen beds at this Mod and no plans to change this at least for another year.
I just can't wait till we get there in June.
In fact Lisa who will be there in May can report in her last TR about this years trip. LOL!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #243
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Hi all! Just watched DIS Unpluged on their 7 days 7 resorts. Very good reviews. Lisa who says she would like to try POR but always returns to CBR would like to know they rated the resort the best except Boatworks TS was bad but the resort was great. To move on to CBR. Shutters had a terrible review last year and said that eating out of the garbage at any other resort was better. Well this has changed. They raved about both the service and food. This is all due to the Chef for the Dream now oversees Shutters. Good move on WDW's part. They rated the grounds at CBR as the most beautiful. Thy had heard that people smelled mold and believe mousekeeping is not the best. The review felt that the smell was mostly bleach and people who checked in early had a stronger smell then those that came at about 3pm. Thy felt that the food court was one of the best at WDW. The feel at CBR was one of the best at WDW. They hated the pirate bed though. Only real drawback of CBR was no Queen beds at this Mod and no plans to change this at least for another year.
In fact Lisa who will be there in May can report in her last TR about this years trip. LOL!!!
Thanks for the post! I haven't had the time yet to thoroughly read all of the 7days/7 resorts posts yet but did glance over them. I need to go back and read them all. I didn't know that the Dream's chef was now the chef at Shutters. We may just have to eat there in May.

Look at my ticker.....we're added a night to the trip and are going to give Port Orleans Riverside a try. Our plan is to arrive early evening and spend time at POR that evening and the next morning before moving over to the CBR for the rest of the trip. I'm ready to go NOW!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #244
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo
Thanks. Good to know Shutters is good. I made a reservation for dinner there the night we check in. It will be our anniversary. We were going to check in on the day before but DHs boss said he can't have Friday off. Hurry up May and get here.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #245
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Unpluged is on video. Go to the first page of this forum and in the update box, upper left, scrole down to 7-7 and watch great program.
We stayed at POR in 2011 and loved it Our fav. to date.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #246
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

We are currently booked at SOG for a trip in June before my DH heads to Afghanistan. I am thinking of switching to CBR with the military discount. We need 2 rooms. I think that we would like a preferred room to be near the main building. Is there a map that shows what buildings are preferred and which are considered water view? Any thoughts on what building to request?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #247
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
We are currently booked at SOG for a trip in June before my DH heads to Afghanistan. I am thinking of switching to CBR with the military discount. We need 2 rooms. I think that we would like a preferred room to be near the main building. Is there a map that shows what buildings are preferred and which are considered water view? Any thoughts on what building to request?

Thanks!
If you're going to book preferred, then I'd request Martinique 25 or 26 since they are so close to Old Port Royale. I am not sure if there's a map that shows the water view rooms but here's a map of the entire resort. All of Trinidad North is preferred and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are preferred.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #248
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Thank you for the map, Mickeystoontown!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #249
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
Thank you for the map, Mickeystoontown!!!!
You're welcome! We have stayed in Martinique 26 before and the walk was very very short.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #250
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!

So glad I found this thread....so much awesome information!! We've been to WDW many times, but have never stayed at CBR (yet!!). I've read all the info on which buildings to request to be close to the central areas, but what about the room views? Can you even request a view (water, etc) so you aren't looking at a parking lot?

Thanks!
Sammy

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #251
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
So glad I found this thread....so much awesome information!! We've been to WDW many times, but have never stayed at CBR (yet!!). I've read all the info on which buildings to request to be close to the central areas, but what about the room views? Can you even request a view (water, etc) so you aren't looking at a parking lot?

Thanks!
Sammy
I usually request a room facing the courtyard and, every time, my request has been granted. In all honestly, the landscaping is so lush that even a parking lot view is pretty. I just posted some pictures of our courtyard view on my trip report and will be posting more of our view and the resort grounds very soon in my report and on the CBR pic thread. Just click on the link below to have a look-see. Handy dandy chapter links are in the 8th post.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #252
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I usually request a room facing the courtyard and, every time, my request has been granted. In all honestly, the landscaping is so lush that even a parking lot view is pretty. I just posted some pictures of our courtyard view on my trip report and will be posting more of our view and the resort grounds very soon in my report and on the CBR pic thread. Just click on the link below to have a look-see. Handy dandy chapter links are in the 8th post.
Thanks so much for the info. I just looked at the photos from your trip report and I am sold! I love the lushness of all the foliage! We were going to stay in a value resort, but DH wanted something a little more "green" as this is supposed to be a "resort vacation" rather than a parks one. Looks like a wonderful place to just walk around and relax....thank you!

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #253
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Thanks so much for the info. I just looked at the photos from your trip report and I am sold! I love the lushness of all the foliage! We were going to stay in a value resort, but DH wanted something a little more "green" as this is supposed to be a "resort vacation" rather than a parks one. Looks like a wonderful place to just walk around and relax....thank you!
I think that both you and your husband will be happy if you choose the CBR. It absolutely is a wonderful place just to walk around. As a mater of fact, that's just what I did and will be posting pictures of my walk soon.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 02-15-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #254
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
We've usually had a Shutters reservation on the first and last nights of our stays. At times it was good, others just OK. This is encouraging and I'm looking forward to a chance to try it out.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #255
tazmanrmv
Earning My Ears

Just booked for early December, can't wait! DW, DD, and I are already counting down the days. Not worrying what building we will be in.....Hey, I'm on vacation, what's the rush, who cares if I take a little walk to the bus stop. Just going to enjoy every minute that we can.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: