Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #781
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I don't understand how they can have spaces for reservations of 3 and up, but not for parties of 1 or 2. Is it possible to book a party of 3 and then call and cancel 2 of the spots? I'm going solo in May and I'm worried I won't be able to get a spot just because of being a party of one
Why not try calling them when it opens to book a single. Or you could try the phantom child < 3 trick. IIRC under 3 and they are free.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #782
DisneyBK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I don't understand how they can have spaces for reservations of 3 and up, but not for parties of 1 or 2. Is it possible to book a party of 3 and then call and cancel 2 of the spots? I'm going solo in May and I'm worried I won't be able to get a spot just because of being a party of one
Sounds like someone is going to have a "Me Party". (A little Muppet movie reference for you).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #783
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I believe it has to do with their table sizes and the metrics of how much money they can make. They have tables for 3 and 4 people, they can add those to make tables of 6, 7 and 8 people. If they sit 1 person at a table for 3, they edge themselves out of 2 more paying customers. If they combine tables to make tables of 9 and 12 which are less likely group sizes than 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 then they take away the ability to have a large party of say 8 plus a few more likely smaller parties of 3 and 4. I hope that makes sense. I would book for 3 and then cancel the extras a few days/week later. Goodluck!!!
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #784
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I believe it has to do with their table sizes and the metrics of how much money they can make. They have tables for 3 and 4 people, they can add those to make tables of 6, 7 and 8 people. If they sit 1 person at a table for 3, they edge themselves out of 2 more paying customers. If they combine tables to make tables of 9 and 12 which are less likely group sizes than 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 then they take away the ability to have a large party of say 8 plus a few more likely smaller parties of 3 and 4. I hope that makes sense. I would book for 3 and then cancel the extras a few days/week later. Goodluck!!!
If you book for more than the actual number in your party, and since I think you have to pay upfront, how tough is it to get a refund for the extras?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #785
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Have you tried calling or is this just looking at the website?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #786
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
If you book for more than the actual number in your party, and since I think you have to pay upfront, how tough is it to get a refund for the extras?
I have never had to cancel for the Wishes dessert party, but I have had to cancel when 2 people were unable to come to a dinner show event one year. It was simple, it took 3-5 days for the money to be put back on my card (more like 24 hrs in all actuality). That is also because I got the refund in the allotted amount of time. I don't know exactly what that is for the Dessert party. I do know they will issue a refund (if within the appropriate cancellation period) and they can cancel just certain people, not the entire reservation.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #787
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora
I booked 3 last time and put and under 3 person with us. The CM actually told me to do this.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #788
MSaboCLBR
Earning My Ears

It is no problem to reduce the party size on th reservation. I've don't it the last 2 years, even the day we attended the party. They will refund the amount to your CC.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #789
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
The post about not taking reservations for parties of 1 or 2 was specific to the March 3rd date. I believe the poster was just saying that at this late date there were not reservations available for those parties sizes.

I have booked the party for a group of 2. There are only a limited # of 2 tops so you have to book early.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #790
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
The post about not taking reservations for parties of 1 or 2 was specific to the March 3rd date. I believe the poster was just saying that at this late date there were not reservations available for those parties sizes.

I have booked the party for a group of 2. There are only a limited # of 2 tops so you have to book early.
That is exactly what I was saying Sorry for the confusion to the people that thought I was speaking in "general" and not just for the party on March 3!
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #791
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

I'm sure hoping they open April soon...and that they don't wait until the end of the month again or the beginning of next month!!!

Whatever happend to "they open reservations about 60 days prior"....????? LOL

Funny how relaxed I was last month as the Marchers were fretting and stressing...now it's our turn! UGH
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #792
ccunningham
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen
I'm sure hoping they open April soon...and that they don't wait until the end of the month again or the beginning of next month!!!

Whatever happend to "they open reservations about 60 days prior"....????? LOL

Funny how relaxed I was last month as the Marchers were fretting and stressing...now it's our turn! UGH
Agreed!!!! I have this pit....like oh maybe it's open now....or maybe now! It's driving me batty!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #793
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Just checked. April 1 isn't open yet.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #794
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

The last few months they have opened about 30 days before. April will not open until March 1 or so
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #795
DisneyBK
Earning My Ears

Wishes Dining

Based on my calculations ...

In the past 21 months, the schedule has been "made available" an average of 52.5 days in advance.

In the past 12 months, the schedule has been "made available" an average of 51.4 days in advance.

In the past 6 months, the schedule has been "made available" an average of 45 days in advance.

In the past 3 months, the schedule has been "made available" an average of 30.3 days in advance.

In the past 20 months, there has been an avaerage of 32.3 days between "new month announcements".

In the past 12 months, there has been an avaerage of 32.2 days between "new month announcements".

In the past 6 months, there has been an avaerage of 36.3 days between "new month announcements".

In the past 3 months, there has been an avaerage of 42 days between "new month announcements".

Of course, it is difficult to use this data to predict the future because the data trends towards, for example, making an announcmenet in November that October has just become available. But that is what the all-powerfull spreadsheet says.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: