Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #886
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm sorry you didn't love Palo for dinner. I have heard the Brunch is really wonderful, so that settles it for me. I am going to try for Palo Brunch!
Yes, brunch is MUCH better. My Dad is pretty picky and he was a little afraid of brunch but I think he even enjoyed it. I think he also liked the fact that I took just him and Mom to it and it was my treat.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #887
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

Sorry to hear Skip is down for the count right now. Maybe he won't be so anxious this time to get back to the barn!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #888
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Sorry to hear Skip is down for the count right now. Maybe he won't be so anxious this time to get back to the barn!
I hope you are right, but I think I am going to be fighting him. At least he wil lhave a machine attached to him for a bit to slow him down.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #889
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,791

Sorry you didn't enjoy your Palo dinner as much as you hoped.

Sorry to hear Skip had to have more surgery, I will say I have worked a lot with that Wound Vac as a home care nurse and it really does a good job in healing wounds like that most of the time. I will say that if he goes home with it, the one they send home is much more portable than the one in the hospital, although in Skip's case that could be both good and bad
__________________
Me (41) DH (38)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR Sept/Oct 2014 PTR Sept/Oct 2014 TR


8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #890
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

I'm praying for you! I hope he does finally heal quickly and you don't have to hide any bodies around the farm.

I also hope is a a good day!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #891
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I so want to take a picture of it and send it to you! it's pretty gross and when we lifted up the gown to look at it after I went in the room he about flipped out. And he is mad he is hooked up to a hose and machine.


OK, my imagination is probably even worse than the reality. But no need to find out! Maybe you could corner the doctor and explain that Skip needs to be attached to the machine as long as possible just to keep him from going back to work?


I tell you, if we didn;t have bad luck, we wouldn't have any. Skip thinks his knees are going bad too. He asked if he should say something to the Dr today and say something like "I think I need both my knees done, so should we plan on 4 more surgeries then?"

Don't even KID!

You may need Dory's counsel more down the road too. Or maybe go back to those deep breathing exercises they teach you in childbirth class?



I am a smoker too, but I don't smoke nearly as much as he does. And I can go for long periods when I have to without it. I have quit SEVERAL times and for long periods too. And stupidly go back. If he does make it, I am going to try and do this as well. It's so much better for all of us.

Good luck to both of you with this piece of it!!

And....... HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY BIRTHDAY JEN!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #892
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

Prayers for you and Skip.

Jen, i have been following both of your TR and am not one that post that much, more of a reader. Anyway wanted to tell you I will keep both of you in my prayers.

As for the smoking, has he tried the vapor cigarettes? I know three people personally who were able to stop by using them and they still used them. They seem to think it is more of a habit for the "act" of smoking. Just a suggestion. I know it is hard, my father only stopped after a massive heart attack and then my mom couldn't stop until she had a massive aneurysm.

As for the hip replacement...I do wonder if his hip was on the recall list. I don't know much about it but my mother fell during her recovery and broke her him. It was replaced about two years ago and they got a recall on her him about 4 months ago. Not that you are looking for money but you might ask some question because i think they have to pay for the surgery for the repair on the recalled hips.

Sorry I am full of information today. Keeping you in my prayers.
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #893
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,745

Aw, Jen. How crappy! And I know just what your going through. My mom had both of her hips replaced, one of them twice for the same exact reason as Skip. The first surgery didn't "take", she ended up dislocating that hip TWICE before they admitted defeat and re-did the surgery.

I spent an awful lot of time in the hospital waiting room that year. Allison was an infant then and it was not at all fun.

I will be thinking of you.
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #894
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Sorry you didn't enjoy your Palo dinner as much as you hoped.

Sorry to hear Skip had to have more surgery, I will say I have worked a lot with that Wound Vac as a home care nurse and it really does a good job in healing wounds like that most of the time. I will say that if he goes home with it, the one they send home is much more portable than the one in the hospital, although in Skip's case that could be both good and bad
I think if he behaves he should do good. It sounds like he will be there til lat least Sat. which is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm praying for you! I hope he does finally heal quickly and you don't have to hide any bodies around the farm.

I also hope is a a good day!
Thanks! We will be heading to the hospital soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
And....... HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY BIRTHDAY JEN!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
Jen, i have been following both of your TR and am not one that post that much, more of a reader. Anyway wanted to tell you I will keep both of you in my prayers.

As for the smoking, has he tried the vapor cigarettes? I know three people personally who were able to stop by using them and they still used them. They seem to think it is more of a habit for the "act" of smoking. Just a suggestion. I know it is hard, my father only stopped after a massive heart attack and then my mom couldn't stop until she had a massive aneurysm.

As for the hip replacement...I do wonder if his hip was on the recall list. I don't know much about it but my mother fell during her recovery and broke her him. It was replaced about two years ago and they got a recall on her him about 4 months ago. Not that you are looking for money but you might ask some question because i think they have to pay for the surgery for the repair on the recalled hips.

Sorry I am full of information today. Keeping you in my prayers.
We do have the vapor ones, and he has used them off and on.
His first hip on the other side wasn't recalled, but it was a metal on metal one. He did talk to a lawyer but I doubt he'll do anything on it. It's not his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Aw, Jen. How crappy! And I know just what your going through. My mom had both of her hips replaced, one of them twice for the same exact reason as Skip. The first surgery didn't "take", she ended up dislocating that hip TWICE before they admitted defeat and re-did the surgery.

I spent an awful lot of time in the hospital waiting room that year. Allison was an infant then and it was not at all fun.

I will be thinking of you.
This is so frustrating, nothing goes right with him and surgeries. I am just kind of in a daze now. I'll just keep going, what else is there to do. I am sick of waiting rooms. LOL
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #895
Sew4Angels
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5

Best wishes to Skip for a speedy recovery. I have been told I will eventually need a hip replacement. B/c of your post I sooo hope It is a long time in the future before u actually have to go through it.

Chain Skip down to his chair until he is healed. LOL.
Sew4Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #896
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew4Angels View Post
Best wishes to Skip for a speedy recovery. I have been told I will eventually need a hip replacement. B/c of your post I sooo hope It is a long time in the future before u actually have to go through it.

Chain Skip down to his chair until he is healed. LOL.
I would like to chain him down! I think we are just bad to compare to. So many people have hip replacements and do fine. Of course they are not out milking cows with in a week either.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #897
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Checking in to see how the patient is doing.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #898
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Checking in to see how the patient is doing.
He is bored out of his mind. He said the Dr said it looked like there was a little bit of Staph in his infection. I don't know if you can have a "little bit" or not, but thats how Skip tells it. I guess they are now going to give him new meds. They are going to change the dressing for the wound vac today too. His excitement is ordering food. He has a menu and keeps trying different things.
It doesn't sound like he will be home today and we'll see about tomorrow.
I think he may come home with an IV too for meds.
I am not sure if we'll go see him today. He said we are boring. LOL. he never talks so we usually bring our kindles or phones and play games. I guess if we go, we have to be more chatty about nothing.
He said his mom was coming and bringing farm books. exciting.!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #899
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
He is bored out of his mind. He said the Dr said it looked like there was a little bit of Staph in his infection. I don't know if you can have a "little bit" or not, but thats how Skip tells it. I guess they are now going to give him new meds. They are going to change the dressing for the wound vac today too. His excitement is ordering food. He has a menu and keeps trying different things.
It doesn't sound like he will be home today and we'll see about tomorrow.
I think he may come home with an IV too for meds.
I am not sure if we'll go see him today. He said we are boring. LOL. he never talks so we usually bring our kindles or phones and play games. I guess if we go, we have to be more chatty about nothing.
He said his mom was coming and bringing farm books. exciting.!
I sure hope that the hospital food there is better than it is here in Louisiana. Maybe he's trying different foods because nothing tastes good.

It sounds like the best bet would be to have the IV meds while at home. At least that way, he may stay still.

Hum, maybe you need to gather up a bunch of farm books before you go visit him. Do they have farm books that can be downloaded on the Kindle?
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: