Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,721
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
No need to call Amtrak; OP simply needs to check the Amtrak website to see the status of her scheduled trip. I'm surprised she didn't do that in the first place.

OP, you really should edit your first post and remove your email address.
I know. I just figured that she sounded like she would be more comfortable actually speaking to someone that could reassure her.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 8,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I know. I just figured that she sounded like she would be more comfortable actually speaking to someone that could reassure her.
Okay - personally, I don't enjoy those long phone hold times
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
So I had my Amtrak reservation all booked, I will be leaving Providence, RI on March 15th, transferring in NY and we WERE to depart at the Kissimmee Amtrak Station on March 16th but apparently there will be track work being done and the furthest the train is going is Jacksonville, which is like TWO HOURS from WDW. I was planning on taking a Taxi from Kissimmee to my hotel CBR but there is no way I am taking a 2 hour taxi ride from JAX. I'm hoping things might change within the next 30 days but just in case I'm wondering if anyone can help me with suggestions on getting from JAX to CBR. We aren't renting a car because we plan on using the WDW buses. I will pay the money to have a car service pick us up but I'm clueless when it comes to these companies, I checked Mears and it would cost almost $400, that's more than I spent on the damn train. Pleaseeee if anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it What a dent this has put in my mood. Also when I spoke to Amtrak she claimed there were no buses running, I'm going to research this, ugh I pray things change but I don't want to chance it. I've noticed a lot of people are unable to mention certain car services on here so I'm leaving my email for anyone who can help me. nikborden83@gmail.com

Thank you so much
Hi. Can you please tell me how you found out this information? I'm leaving from Newark, NJ on March 21 and didn't know anything about this work on the tracks. I'm traveling by myself and meeting my dh and ds in Orlando but I'll be on the train on my own (in my own roomette ).

Thanks so much.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran
 
jlewisinsyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
You did your mock booking for the wrong date. OP is leaving Providence on the 15th, not the 16th.
Whoops...
__________________
: (34) : (36)
jlewisinsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #20
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 8,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Hi. Can you please tell me how you found out this information? I'm leaving from Newark, NJ on March 21 and didn't know anything about this work on the tracks. I'm traveling by myself and meeting my dh and ds in Orlando but I'll be on the train on my own (in my own roomette ).

Thanks so much.
Once again, check Amtrak's website. The information is right there:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1251623366476

It does not appear that your train will be affected.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #21
nicole83
Mouseketeer
 
nicole83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 100

I checked the website today and there were two seats open on a thruway bus to Kissimmee so I called amtrak and grabbed them! Woohoo
__________________
nicole83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
nicole83
Mouseketeer
 
nicole83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by js

Hi. Can you please tell me how you found out this information? I'm leaving from Newark, NJ on March 21 and didn't know anything about this work on the tracks. I'm traveling by myself and meeting my dh and ds in Orlando but I'll be on the train on my own (in my own roomette ).

Thanks so much.
Amtrak called me, I wouldn't worry because it seems to only be happening the 16th I leave fl on the 22nd and there seems to be no problems on that date. If anyway were to delay your trip they will call you and email you
__________________
nicole83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,721
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
I checked the website today and there were two seats open on a thruway bus to Kissimmee so I called amtrak and grabbed them! Woohoo
Now, I would have an issue with that. You booked transport to Kissimmee..not to Jacksonville. If Amtrak changes that, they should have automatically put you on the bus. There should not have been a need to 'grab' the last two seats. You said they called you?? They should have just asked you if you wanted to be put on the bus right then. All of this angst should never had happened.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #24
nicole83
Mouseketeer
 
nicole83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink

Now, I would have an issue with that. You booked transport to Kissimmee..not to Jacksonville. If Amtrak changes that, they should have automatically put you on the bus. There should not have been a need to 'grab' the last two seats. You said they called you?? They should have just asked you if you wanted to be put on the bus right then. All of this angst should never had happened.
I think at that time the buses were all booked, I kept checking the website and it said cancelled or booked. When I checked today it looked like room opened up, someone must of changed plans
__________________
nicole83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Once again, check Amtrak's website. The information is right there:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1251623366476

It does not appear that your train will be affected.
Thank you. I wasn't aware I would have to keep checking to see if this is something that would happen but now I will.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
I think at that time the buses were all booked, I kept checking the website and it said cancelled or booked. When I checked today it looked like room opened up, someone must of changed plans
I'm with goofy4tink, they knew how many people were going to Kissimmee and they should have had enough room for everyone even getting more buses.

Glad it all worked out.
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS23 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
nicole83
Mouseketeer
 
nicole83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle

I'm with goofy4tink, they knew how many people were going to Kissimmee and they should have had enough room for everyone even getting more buses.

Glad it all worked out.
Yeah they definitely should of accommodated for everyone on the train
__________________
nicole83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #28
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
Another thing, does anyone know if the Jacksonville airport has ME as well?
No, the only airport that has ME is Orlando.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.