Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Fox or Sixt at MCO-Any GOOD experiences out there?

So I have reservations on hold with both. We are heading down in a few weeks for a minivan for the family with both places. Both are MUCH cheaper than the main names (Hertz, Dollar, Budget, etc...) by several hundred dollars. I am also aware that both require a shuttle ride to get to.

I've read a few bad reports on Yelp about both, but haven't seen any reviews that lean towards the decent side.

I'm rental car savvy, and know to inspect, save everything, and above all else, decline the insurance! We're also arriving and departing during the middle of the day, so no overnight craziness.

Which ressie would you keep? (and please don't tell me to keep searching for more codes and deals. I've been there, done that, these are still way below even my corporate discount from work).
Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
I've read a few bad reports on Yelp about both, but haven't seen any reviews that lean towards the decent side.
There usually is some truth in pattern...

I've seen very little positive about either one. Sixt is fairly new to the US, much larger in Europe, but they really are playing in a different field in the US and haven't quite figured it out yet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

I'm a fairly regular Sixt customer... in Europe (stateside National Emerald Club all the way), and their service is pretty blah and generic. Nothing remarkable, but they have the car I reserve, and it's always been in good shape.

Hopefully my completely average experience is the norm for MCO.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Beth D
DIS Veteran

And that's all I want. A car that will fit all of us, get us where we're going, and won't break the bank. I'm talking over $300 difference, for one week.

I don't expect the moon and stars, but just a MEH, that was OK experience. I just don't want to get ripped off either.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

keep in mind that both Fox and Sixt are not located in the terminals at MCO. You need to take a shuttle to get to the office to pick up the car. For me, it's worth paying a little extra to not have to deal with a shuttle.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

PrincesCJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
Beth D
DIS Veteran

We're aware of that. But a shuttle ride is actually less painful for us than having to listen to grandpa complain about lugging his suitcase across the street to the garage, up the escalator, and how far down is that darn car?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
quagmire0
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We're aware of that. But a shuttle ride is actually less painful for us than having to listen to grandpa complain about lugging his suitcase across the street to the garage, up the escalator, and how far down is that darn car?
You're doing it wrong. Have everyone stay at the departures door, go get the car and bring it around.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Can't speak about FOX , but we have used Sixt before. No problems and the staff was nice and the car was adequate.
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #9
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire0 View Post
You're doing it wrong. Have everyone stay at the departures door, go get the car and bring it around.
Yeah, unless you accidentally get stuck in the lane for the rental car shuttles! OOPS! I spent 5 minutes at a toll gate with the arm down, with a bus at my back, and some security person yelling at me to leave! I couldn't move, they had to let me through, and then I got yelled at again because I didn't exit the area in the 30 seconds they allotted me (i picked up our group at the curb).

Um yeah, no thanks, not again, don't want the TSA after me! LOL

We leave Friday AM, and I think we're sticking with Fox. I haven't cancelled my Sixt reservation yet either. I'll write a mini review in this thread after.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
DisneyNutzy
VWL & BLT Owner

Fox

Quote:
Yeah, unless you accidentally get stuck in the lane for the rental car shuttles! OOPS! I spent 5 minutes at a toll gate with the arm down, with a bus at my back, and some security person yelling at me to leave! I couldn't move, they had to let me through, and then I got yelled at again because I didn't exit the area in the 30 seconds they allotted me (i picked up our group at the curb).

We leave Friday AM, and I think we're sticking with Fox. I haven't cancelled my Sixt reservation yet either. I'll write a mini review in this thread after.
How was your experience with Fox? Thinking about booking with them for a Christmas trip. Their rates are about half of the big boys.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:

Yes we would love a review, I have them booked for Christmas week as well.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: