Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #2611
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From AllEars:

A Florida black bear was recently spotted at Fort Wilderness, and guests there were reminded to secure all food items in their cabins or cars, and to avoid contact with the bears. Any guests on the Fort Wilderness grounds who spot a bear should call Disney security at 407-560-7959 and seek shelter indoors until the bear leaves the area. The Florida black bear is a protected species managed by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Disney is working with that commission to develop a plan of action for dealing with bears who wander into the Fort Wilderness campground areas.

I think I found it over at Trail's End
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #2612
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
I'm curious about the 'secret way' to the laundry. We have loved DVC for laundry reasons, but trying CL this shot (fingers crossed, booking 12/7-8 WL-CL and 12/9-13 YC-CL tomorrow). My only concern with our split stay is that we won't want to leave WL (personal fave, feels like home to me)!

Thanks for the tip on the favorite room/even though adjacent to elevators. I was going to request a 'quiet room' but LOVE the view from those two specific rooms...although bunk beds will be at the top of our request list, and guessing those two lagoon facing rooms do not have them, based on other posts. Oh, well. I'm sure there isn't a bad room to be had at WL CL!
I was hauling our laundry from our room in the South Wing and stood there at the main elevator feeling awkward with CL guests arriving and departing. I then got to the lobby and had to walk over the bridge, past the pin kiosk and AP, down the ramp and past RF and then I finally made it to the laundry room, hoping I hadn't dropped something along my journey. Mike, one of the great CL CMs, saw me coming back with the clean load and suggested that instead of walking through the lobby, I just walk over to the end of the (CL) North Wing and take the North Wing elevator down, which puts you smack dab in front of the laundry room
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #2613
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
I was hauling our laundry from our room in the South Wing and stood there at the main elevator feeling awkward with CL guests arriving and departing. I then got to the lobby and had to walk over the bridge, past the pin kiosk and AP, down the ramp and past RF and then I finally made it to the laundry room, hoping I hadn't dropped something along my journey. Mike, one of the great CL CMs, saw me coming back with the clean load and suggested that instead of walking through the lobby, I just walk over to the end of the (CL) North Wing and take the North Wing elevator down, which puts you smack dab in front of the laundry room
That's how I go. I think people forget those elevators are there sometimes. It is a long but mostly quiet walk and no one is usually down those halls in the afternoon.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #2614
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #2615
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
That's how I go. I think people forget those elevators are there sometimes. It is a long but mostly quiet walk and no one is usually down those halls in the afternoon.
Yep, I just keep passing by the same housekeeper - back and forth I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #2616
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

For the boats from Wilderness Lodge do you have to collapse strollers?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #2617
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
For the boats from Wilderness Lodge do you have to collapse strollers?
We had to collapse them on the smaller boat, and we got that boat most of the time. I think we only got the large boat twice.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #2618
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

We were looking at videos of WL OFC taken this week showing bkfst and appetizers and dessert. The pickins were pretty slim. WL in general was pretty empty. It would seem logical they base the quantity of food offerings on the # of guests staying CL.... True??
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #2619
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

We had to collapse them on the smaller boat, and we got that boat most of the time. I think we only got the large boat twice.
Thanks! I want to stay at WL but DH wants monorail or somewhere he doesn't have to constantly collapse the stroller.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #2620
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

I have been lurking more than posting lately but am excited b/c we just extended our upcoming trip in Sept again! We are now doing a room only checking in on 9/6/13 standard view and then switching to our package with courtyard view on the 7th. We decided to do it just room only due to flights and the dining plan isn't really worth it for that Friday. Now we can hang out at the pool on Sat waiting for my parents to show up.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #2621
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire

Thanks! I want to stay at WL but DH wants monorail or somewhere he doesn't have to constantly collapse the stroller.
Again, 2 boats serve WL, smaller wooden boat, strollers must be folded and a bigger steel enclosed boat where you can just wheel stroller and child on... You just have to step aside until the yellow steel boat comes and wheel on in... No big deal, like every other boat landing is the steel boat!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #2622
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
We were looking at videos of WL OFC taken this week showing bkfst and appetizers and dessert. The pickins were pretty slim. WL in general was pretty empty. It would seem logical they base the quantity of food offerings on the # of guests staying CL.... True??
Hmmm... Could you post the link to the video? The CL app. menus on the first page are from August. We noticed a change in the offerings (for the worse actually) when we were there and were told there was a new chef. I don't know if the menus ended up permanently changing since our last visit, I'd have to see the video to get a better idea. I've never seen them not replenish the food when we've stayed there; when they run out they bring out more so I'm curious to see what you saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
I have been lurking more than posting lately but am excited b/c we just extended our upcoming trip in Sept again! We are now doing a room only checking in on 9/6/13 standard view and then switching to our package with courtyard view on the 7th. We decided to do it just room only due to flights and the dining plan isn't really worth it for that Friday. Now we can hang out at the pool on Sat waiting for my parents to show up.
That sounds like a great plan and welcome back!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #2623
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm... Could you post the link to the video? The CL app. menus on the first page are from August. We noticed a change in the offerings (for the worse actually) when we were there and were told there was a new chef. I don't know if the menus ended up permanently changing since our last visit, I'd have to see the video to get a better idea. I've never seen them not replenish the food when we've stayed there; when they run out they bring out more so I'm curious to see what you saw.
Not sure if this is the video the OP meant, I saw this the other day on youtube.

http://youtu.be/PfmSud1FwPQ

(my first time posting a link from youtube, hope it works)

Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #2624
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Not sure if this is the video the OP meant, I saw this the other day on youtube.

http://youtu.be/PfmSud1FwPQ

(my first time posting a link from youtube, hope it works)
That MUST be it - thank you! Well, the Black Cod Chowder is new, it used to be a wonderful salmon chowder, unless this isn't a replacement? The video covers just two nights, but doesn't show breakfast. I wonder if that has changed? I'm going to go look for more videos...
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #2625
WDWKOOK

Here is the CL breakfast/snack video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpEaOYikPls

He doesn't video breakfast, but has stills of most of the items and snacks again. The breakfast items look the same, though he doesn't show pineapple.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: