Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #781
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I asked on the cake thread in the dining section but was looking for th opinion. Of the AKL experts. We are staying CL for my Dd bday in oct. I want a cake made by the chef at the CR. My DD has selected Jiko's for her bday dinner so I know I can't get one of Brian's cakes for our dinner but do you (or has anyone done so before) think IPO could arrange the delivery if the cake to either our room or the lounge?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #782
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Just checking in - We switched our dates and are arriving 2 days earlier. Don't know why 2 days makes me so excited...but I do believe it puts my countdown into double digits now! And it saved us almost $500 in airfare.
We will be checking into Jambo 5/22-5/30!!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #783
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Akl fans, we are going to disney for 2 nights in June before the beach. We are only going to MK and we take afternoon breaks. Right now I
have CR booked but my kids really like zero entry pools. We stayed at Kidani a few years ago and loved the pool there and thought the pool at akl looked good. Do you think we would be nuts to stay at AKL being we are only going to MK and take afternoon breaks? The zero entry pool is a strong plus for us as we spend lots of time at the pool.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #784
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan
Akl fans, we are going to disney for 2 nights in June before the beach. We are only going to MK and we take afternoon breaks. Right now I
have CR booked but my kids really like zero entry pools. We stayed at Kidani a few years ago and loved the pool there and thought the pool at akl looked good. Do you think we would be nuts to stay at AKL being we are only going to MK and take afternoon breaks? The zero entry pool is a strong plus for us as we spend lots of time at the pool.
Will you have your own car? No way I'd do it if I planned to use the AKL busses. We found ways to avoid going back to the resort at all until we were finished for the day. The busses are really bad there.
As I always say... Best Resort. Worst Busses.

BUT, if you have a car... DEFINITELY!!!!! AKL for sure!!! The pool is awesome!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #785
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

We will have a car. We have never driven to the parks. I always thought overall busing would be quicker.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #786
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan
We will have a car. We have never driven to the parks. I always thought overall busing would be quicker.
Twice it took us an hour (or longer) to get to Animal Kingdom.

We never waited less than 20 minutes for a MK bus - both ways, 20 minutes + drive time each way & MK is the farthest away.

I'd like to think we were just unlucky, but it's been that way on both of our trips - 18 days of slow bus service.
But still our favorite resort & we still use the busses - we just know what to expect.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #787
Tinkerbella001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
I will be heading to AKL March 18-22 for the Agent Education Program (AEP). I am a Disney travel agent, looking forward to staying at AKL for the first time.
Me too! I was kind of bummed when they moved it fron CR but am excited for AKL! Anxiously awaiting our itinerary! I'll see you there

WL/YC Club Level Split-stay November 2014
Port Orleans Riverside September 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge March 2013
Disneyland December 2012
Art of Animation LK!! August 2012
Coronado Springs Resort!! December 2011
All Star Music June 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort!! Sept 2009
All Star Sports Dec 2007
MVMCP 12/20/2007!!
Disneyland Feb 2007
Off Property too many times to count from 1975!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #788
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
We often have a car and never drive to the parks. MK parking is very far away from the entrance, so a fairly long walk or a tram or boat ride is in your future if you take your car. We like the freedom from automobiles when we are at WDW.

If my kids liked zero entry pools and we wanted to afford the switch, I would JUMP at the chance to stay at AKL. There is so much there to do beyond swimming!

And I would take the buses!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #789
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

It has become one of my favorite's
Me too. The scallops were one the best dishes I've ever had at WDW.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #790
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3
I asked on the cake thread in the dining section but was looking for th opinion. Of the AKL experts. We are staying CL for my Dd bday in oct. I want a cake made by the chef at the CR. My DD has selected Jiko's for her bday dinner so I know I can't get one of Brian's cakes for our dinner but do you (or has anyone done so before) think IPO could arrange the delivery if the cake to either our room or the lounge?
I had AKL private dining deliver a cake for my son to Jiko for his birthday. It was the most amazing cake I've ever seen. It was expensive $200, but worth every penny. I don't know how to upload from my phone to the Dis. If someone wants to PM me, I can send the picture and maybe you can upload it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #791
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Just checking in - We switched our dates and are arriving 2 days earlier. Don't know why 2 days makes me so excited...but I do believe it puts my countdown into double digits now! And it saved us almost $500 in airfare.
We will be checking into Jambo 5/22-5/30!!!!
I have added you to the list! Congratulations!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #792
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I really don't know, but I would call and ask, see what they say. I am thinking you can have it delivered to the room!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #793
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Here it is...
[IMG][/IMG]

He does look thirsty!

Uh...yeah...I think I would have fainted...I'm a city girl, snakes are on the list of heart stoppers for me

We leave today - Yippee!!!! Well, we drive to Philly tonight and stay at a hotel and fly out in the morning, but either way, our vacation starts today!

I will post a pic of me and my zebra dome next weekend...

Happy Valentines Day everyone
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #794
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Uh...yeah...I think I would have fainted...I'm a city girl, snakes are on the list of heart stoppers for me

We leave today - Yippee!!!! Well, we drive to Philly tonight and stay at a hotel and fly out in the morning, but either way, our vacation starts today!

I will post a pic of me and my zebra dome next weekend...

Happy Valentines Day everyone
Have a wonderful time and enjoy!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #795
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Have a wonderful time and enjoy!
Thank You!!! I received so much great info on this board for the trip...I feel totally prepared. Thanks you all of you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: