Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
There is free parking at DTD so it keeps people from being able to park there and take a bus to one of the parks...thus not having to pay the parking fees at whichever park. I understand this...but people could still park at DTD, transfer to a resort and then to the park of their choice so it doesnt make a whole lot of sense...
Okay..lets say you drive to DTD at about 8:15...you want to make rope drop at, say, Epcot. Okay...walk over to the bus stops (going to take you about 5 mins or so). You find the bus stop for BW or YC/BC. Then, you wait. You could be waiting for up to 2 hrs!!! Why? There is no reason for buses to be arriving at DTD until much later...the shops don't open until 9:30, earliest. And even then, the buses back to resorts are sporadic until later in the morning. So, lets say you get lucky and a BW bus comes and you get on by, hmmm, 9:30. Now, it will take you about 15-20 mins to get to BW. Once there, you now have to walk through the resort and over to the International Gateway...that's going to take you about 20 mins. So, it's now about 10:30!!!
Or you want to go to MK? Same thing happens but you are lucky because you can take a CR bus and then it's under 10 mins to walk to the MK from there.

Using DTD to get to a park is not smart. Cheap? Sure. But what is your time worth to you?? And Disney has no plans to change any of this because it just isn't cost effective for them.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Makes sense. Remember when a bus existed between Fort Wilderness and the TTC? Disney eliminated it about ten years ago. I bet by that point there were three people riding it during a shift.
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
As PPs have noted, you need to go from a park to a resort to get to DTD; but you don't have to go to your resort.

From the MK, for example, you could walk to the Contemporary and get a DTD bus there. Or you could just jump on the first bus you come across and transfer wherever that takes you.

I don't think the SSR option is as difficult as the PP noted. If you take the SSR bus just make sure to stay on until the Congress Park bus stop and walk from there. That's the stop closest to DTD and the walking path.
I would do your first option. Walking to the Contemporary is super fast and easy, and you can grab a bus there to DTD.

Well, actually, I would drive myself. But this would be my 2nd option.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: