Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #646
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05

Yes that's the one, you must say hi if you see us, also noticed you're in Cheshire we're in Manchester so it will be the northerners in the Unversal

That's good to know, I love using the metro in cities but after Paris last summer my mum has told me she refuses to do them in Barcelona so we'll give the hoho a go
A will keep an ear out for a fellow northern accent and definitely say hi. I was having a look at google street view the other day trying to get an idea of what's around the hotel and the directions of all the main sights. The roads certainly look "fun" (I'm glad we're not hiring a car!)
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #647
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Transfers to Barcelona airport

Quick question - does anyone have any experience of getting from the port to the airport at the end of the cruise? Has anybody looked into the price of Disney transfers. I am imagining the prices will be huge, but then it seems quite pricey anyway as the taxis seem to charge per person and bag!
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #648
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum
Quick question - does anyone have any experience of getting from the port to the airport at the end of the cruise? Has anybody looked into the price of Disney transfers. I am imagining the prices will be huge, but then it seems quite pricey anyway as the taxis seem to charge per person and bag!
Disney charge $30 per person each way, they also told me on the phone that they couldn't offer the transfer if your flight was before 11:30am
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #649
valbob89
DIS Veteran

I've added more sizes of the map image to our Vistaprint account, large and small car door magnet. Select the image size you need from the account portfolio images. Go ahead and remove any items you don't want from the cart. If you need any image resized send me a PM. If you are having trouble downloading your image to our account, let me know and maybe we can figure it out together.

I've added another image, my favorite so far

Last edited by valbob89; 02-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #650
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post
We just took a taxi to the airport, and although I don't remember the exact cost (it was two years ago) it seemed that it was not unreasonable, and that they did not charge per bag, either.

Sorry can't be more help or more exact on pricing.....
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #651
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I've added more sizes of the map image to our Vistaprint account, large and small car door magnet. Select the image size you need from the account portfolio images. Go ahead and remove any items you don't want from the cart. If you need any image resized send me a PM. If you are having trouble downloading your image to our account, let me know and maybe we can figure it out together.

I've added another image, my favorite so far
Nice work I'm going to save some of your images thanks for sharing them, I'm hopeless with stuff like that!

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #652
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Ordered our fish extender last night!
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #653
goofs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent
Ordered our fish extender last night!
Where from? I've looked everywhere for one :/
goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #654
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs

Where from? I've looked everywhere for one :/
Etsy. The shop is ilvdisney2008.
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #655
goofs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent

Etsy. The shop is ilvdisney2008.
Great thanks, I'll have a look
Old 02-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #656
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
I imagine this is posted somewhere, and if anyone knows, just point me that way. We are thinking that we will fly in on Friday am and I don't know how to find a place to stay, where to stay etc, and how to get to the ship. Anyone have experience with this? Also there is a flight that leaves from Barcelona on debarkation at 1045am. Is there enough time to get back to the airport upon debarkation? Thanks in advance. I have never been out of the country...lots of Disney cruises, but this will be a first for me!! Can't wait!
We are arriving the Friday as well. We are booked into the Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel I did a lot of research found this place best suits our needs. We should get to the hotel sometime after 12 noon and figure we will just stay at the hotel and try and get over the jet lag.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #657
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd introduce myself I'll be sailing with my parents and this will be our second Disney Cruise having sailed on the Dream in November. We've booked 4 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise so really looking forward to doing some major sightseeing.
Can't believe it's less than 4 months away now
Welcome aboard!!!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #658
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
PIF documents arrived yesterday. I've been working on a design for tee-shirts and magnets for the cruise.

Go Niners!!

Great work on the designs Val!!!!!

Do you have a link to your flickr account where we can see all the different ones you've come up with? I wouldn't mind using some for magnets and or shirts. With your permission of course!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #659
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs View Post
Great thanks, I'll have a look
Thanks to Annemarie I got mine from ikea UK, see USA LINK -http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20215764/
They are only $4.99! (Pysslingar wall pockets) . I got iron on stickers from China which I saw on ebay. It looks the part and a lot cheaper than the ready made FEs.

Evelyn
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #660
goofs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2superstar

Thanks to Annemarie I got mine from ikea UK, see USA LINK -http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20215764/
They are only $4.99! (Pysslingar wall pockets) . I got iron on stickers from China which I saw on ebay. It looks the part and a lot cheaper than the ready made FEs.

Evelyn
Theres four of us, do you think that would be big enough, we could share pockets.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: