Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
We are renting in Orlando in June. While making the reservation today, it was cheaper to pick up at WDW and return. Do they have emerald aisle at WDW Car Care?
No there is no emerald aisle at the CC center. Generally they are only features of airports. So if you rent at the CC or dolphin, you get the level of service you sign up for. If you book via emerald, you will get a mid-size car. However, if you can get a larger car picking up at the cc for a cheaper price, it would be a good deal.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
johde
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
No there is no emerald aisle at the CC center. Generally they are only features of airports. So if you rent at the CC or dolphin, you get the level of service you sign up for. If you book via emerald, you will get a mid-size car. However, if you can get a larger car picking up at the cc for a cheaper price, it would be a good deal.
I'm a new Emerald Club member I only rent a car one a year although mostly with National so I don't know if this is normal. Like you said, there is no Emerald Aisle but the CC center knows how to take care of their members. When the shuttle picked me up at my hotel they knew I was an Emerald Club member. Instead of going through the line the "manager" met me at the shuttle and we sat in his office to do the paperwork. Being my first Emerald Club rental he needed to double check drivers lincense and credit card numbers entered previously. I had rented a compact car and ended up with a nearly brand new, under 1,500 mile, Kia Optima, a full size car. I'm assuming the newest compact - Full Sized car on the lot. By the time we were done with the paperwork the car was warming up waiting for me right out front.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?

Last edited by johde; 02-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
mek17
WDW '88, '02, '03, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14 | DLP '99 | DL '04, '10, '14

Any updates from recent renters out there?
mek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

just booked emerald isle for pick up date of april 15 (monday), just looking to see what people are getting!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek17 View Post
Any updates from recent renters out there?
Picked up on Monday, 2/11, about 3:45pm. There was a Dodge minivan, a SUV, that I didn't get details on and two Chevy Equinox, in addition to the usual midsize suspects.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Picked up Friday 2/15 at 2. Side b.

Both aisles only had cars. EA had a fleet of Malibus, a few Camrys and a few other odds and ends. Executive had Altimas, Camrys, 300's etc. I took the only Passat

Did overhear one upset family as I surveyed the Aisle, family of 5 including woman in wheelchair did not think they were going to fit in a Malibu and with it being a holiday weekend the agent said there would be nothing bigger on the aisle
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We picked up our car on the tenth, and I didn't notice any SUVs on the side the cruises drop off at.

But for anyone who is Executive and wants to hear, we got a Ford Flex. 84 miles on it with Sirius. Fab car, DH wants one now lol. There were several Challengers, or something that looks like one (DH and DS are asleep so I can't ask them).

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
We picked up our car on the tenth, and I didn't notice any SUVs on the side the cruises drop off at.

But for anyone who is Executive and wants to hear, we got a Ford Flex. 84 miles on it with Sirius. Fab car, DH wants one now lol. There were several Challengers, or something that looks like one (DH and DS are asleep so I can't ask them).
Thanks for posting. We are Executive and have been watching for a Ford Flex on the rental aisle for a long while. We've yet to snag one. Generally we get the Ford Edge, which we love.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Thanks for posting. We are Executive and have been watching for a Ford Flex on the rental aisle for a long while. We've yet to snag one. Generally we get the Ford Edge, which we love.
Challengers are two door cars, Chargers are 4 door cars. Easy to confuse them.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #25
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

Standard size

I was able to reserve a standard size for the same price as a mid size with National. When we arrive, will we still be allowed to select from the Emerald Aisle or will we have to select from the emerald reserve line? Hope the question makes sense...
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #26
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubswife View Post
I was able to reserve a standard size for the same price as a mid size with National. When we arrive, will we still be allowed to select from the Emerald Aisle or will we have to select from the emerald reserve line? Hope the question makes sense...
Generally the standard size is the same price as the midsize at National. However you will have to select a car from the standard aisle. You will not get the chance of getting a minivan or some other non standard size vehicle. If you choose midsize you can have your pick of whatever is on the midsize aisle which could include various types of vehicles.

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjplantz View Post
Generally the standard size is the same price as the midsize at National. However you will have to select a car from the standard aisle. You will not get the chance of getting a minivan or some other non standard size vehicle. If you choose midsize you can have your pick of whatever is on the midsize aisle which could include various types of vehicles.
Thank you so much! I thought that was the case. I am going to change our reservation to a mid size. I really like the idea of possibly having the chance I'd scoring something fun to drive!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
johde
DIS Veteran

Another option would be to make a second reservation for a midsized car. That way, you could have your choice of any car in the midsized, standard, or emerald aisle section. I just joined emerald club (I should have joined sooner but didn't know about the free options). Prior to that I normally reserved a compact car and often times there are a mid sized or 2 in that row.

I remember one time in Tampa I went to the counter and they really were pushing an upgrade to a midsized car. I politely told them no, went out to pick up my car and the compact row was full of midsized cars.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

Silly question, but how does having two different reservations work?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubswife View Post
When you book a specific size, that is where you go to select your car. You booked a Standard and since they do not have a standard section, you will be selecting from the full size area.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: