Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #376
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i always hit the parry hotter section of the park on my visits.
even go there every day of my vacation stay.

i have never read the books.
i tried very hard to watch one of the movies.
i gave up after an hour.
just wasn't my thing.

tried another one of the movies a couple years later but only made it through 30 minutes of it.
just didn't appeal to me.

i don't have the knowledge from the books or movies but still truly enjoy parry hotter.
you don't have to read the books or see the movies in order to appreciate that portion of IOA.
once you are there, it all fits together and makes sense.

i do ollivanders, the rides, hit the shops, visit with the TM's, take pictures for my friends, eat at the 3 B's and spend a good amount of time there.

nothing is taken away from me since i am not familiar with the background.
you catch on to the whole theme once you are there.

it is a fun place to be!
Sorry raven, but I have to laugh at this and your location tag. You're in Tom Felton's house yet you haven't' seen a complete HP movie. I bet that goes over well with him.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #377
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I haven't watched a movie or read a HP book and I still LOVED Harry Pooter World !!Could be the English comong out !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #378
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

wanted to take GD for her first visit to U for one day next January pre- or post-cruise. She'll be lucky to hit the 36 inch mark so it won't take long to tour. Cannot believe I forgot to check this year's January park hours in attempt to figure out which days might have more park time next year.

Options are either the first Saturday of the month (1/4/14) or either Thursday, Friday or Saturday the following week.

Trying to figure out which date might have longest hours and what that time park closure is traditionally those dates in January: 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm? Any guesses?

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #379
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
wanted to take GD for her first visit to U for one day next January pre- or post-cruise. She'll be lucky to hit the 36 inch mark so it won't take long to tour. Cannot believe I forgot to check this year's January park hours in attempt to figure out which days might have more park time next year.

Options are either the first Saturday of the month (1/4/14) or either Thursday, Friday or Saturday the following week.

Trying to figure out which date might have longest hours and what that time park closure is traditionally those dates in January: 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm? Any guesses?
Generally, early in the month the park is open later. However, I would strongly advise against going on Saturday the 4th. The parks are packed! I would stick to Thursday the following week. The hours may be shorter (probably 7), but you won't be packed in like sardines.

There weren't any 6 PM closures in January or February this year for IOA, I believe. Right now the parks close at 7. Next week it goes up to 8.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #380
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkofSunshine View Post
Generally, early in the month the park is open later. However, I would strongly advise against going on Saturday the 4th. The parks are packed! I would stick to Thursday the following week. The hours may be shorter (probably 7), but you won't be packed in like sardines.

There weren't any 6 PM closures in January or February this year for IOA, I believe. Right now the parks close at 7. Next week it goes up to 8.
is it busy because it's the weekend after New Years or is there something else going on i'm missing?

know there's a marathon the following weekend at WDW.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #381
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
is it busy because it's the weekend after New Years or is there something else going on i'm missing?

know there's a marathon the following weekend at WDW.
Because of New Year's. The crowds will not have had time to die down yet. The later on in January you get, the quieter the parks become. The only bothersome thing is that it is a big time for Brazilian tour groups! But I would take them over 2+ hour waits, any day.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #382
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkofSunshine View Post
Because of New Year's. The crowds will not have had time to die down yet. The later on in January you get, the quieter the parks become. The only bothersome thing is that it is a big time for Brazilian tour groups! But I would take them over 2+ hour waits, any day.
makes sense, thanx

Old 02-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #383
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

Another Newbie :)

My family and I are planning a Universal/Disney trip in June. We have been to Disney many times but this will be our first time to Universal. We are planning on staying at one of the Universal onsite hotels for the first 2 nights. I have 2 questions;

1 - We will be arriving on Sunday evening to check in - if you book a package, can you get your tickets at the hotel when you check in?

2 - Can we go ahead and visit the parks that evening?
Dis*Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #384
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis*Mom View Post
My family and I are planning a Universal/Disney trip in June. We have been to Disney many times but this will be our first time to Universal. We are planning on staying at one of the Universal onsite hotels for the first 2 nights. I have 2 questions;

1 - We will be arriving on Sunday evening to check in - if you book a package, can you get your tickets at the hotel when you check in?

When you say evening ,how late do you mean ?? The parks prolly close between 8 and 9p . We had to get our tickets at the park , we had a voucher for them so I am not sure about getting them at the Hotel, we couldn't get our vouchers exchanged for actual tickets at the hotel !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #385
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:

Have you booked a package yet? It really isn't the best way to go. Book your hotel here http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR and get your tickets through undercover tourist.

That way you can make any changes easily without penalty and you don't need to pay in full until you check out. Tickets are cheaper at undercover tourist also. They will send you actual tickets that don't need to be exchanged.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #386
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

Thank you Englishrose and Damo for the information. We hope to arrive around 5:00 p.m. and we have not booked a package yet - just wanted to know our options. I will look at the link for the hotel. One more question, my husband is military. Do you know if the hotel would offer a military discount? Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #387
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Thank you Englishrose and Damo for the information. We hope to arrive around 5:00 p.m. and we have not booked a package yet - just wanted to know our options. I will look at the link for the hotel. One more question, my husband is military. Do you know if the hotel would offer a military discount? Thanks again for your help.
Yes, use the code MIL in the link http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR It is a very nice discount!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #388
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

Damo, thank you so much for that info. That is a great discount.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #389
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

How about a law enforcement discount? Does the Royal Pacific do a discount like that?

DH , Me , DD (12) DS (11) , DS (9) , DD (6) , DS (5)
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #390
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGirl514 View Post
How about a law enforcement discount? Does the Royal Pacific do a discount like that?
no, however, OT since you ask...do you know of any hotels in Orlando that do offer this sort of discount and care to share?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: