Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
NYCJoshua
Earning My Ears

I was four months old. Thanksgiving 1971.
NYCJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
artnerds
That's just unproFESSIONAL, gurl.

I was 28 and living in Miami Beach. My then-boyfriend was aghast to learn that I had never been, and he took me to Disney for a 4 day trip. We stayed at Dixie Landings (I thought it was scandalous when they changed the name to Port Orleans Riverside).

I was most struck by the way the outside world disappeared once we were on property and how easy Disney made everything.

I also fell in love on that trip with the Adventurers' Club and 8 Trax. We laughed and drank and danced our butts off every night. I was completely traumatized when they closed down those clubs.
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
Kasiks
DIS Veteran

My first trip was at Walt Disney World in 1993. I was 10. I remember it was the final step of our trip in the USA. I should go back to Florida one day
Kasiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

My first trip to WDW, I was too younger to remember anything about it. So, after 2 years of thinking "I want to go there!" I finally bit the bullet and scheduled a trip in 2009. I remember being in amazement the first day of the trip when I got to the Magic Kingdom. As soon as I saw the castle standing in front of me, I actually cried. Not sure why but it just happened. I guess it was like my dream coming true haha. But now I'm a big fan like everyone else. Also, I had my first Dole Whip and I haven't stopped talking about it since. I LOVE those things.
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
amberg93
DIS Veteran

My first trip was actually November 2012! I've always wanted to go, but like most people money was always an issue growing up (which, given that I'm 19, is still an issue at my family's house). However, I got married and my wife is much better at getting things that she wants than I ever was, so we planned the trip. Seriously, that woman can get anything out of me, it's impossible to say no to her puppy dog eyes.

She was sooooo excited about it, more than I was actually. It was crazy how happy she was for months before the trip and I was happy too, but I dunno I was nervous? Like when Rapunzel is waiting to the see lanterns. That's kinda how I felt. But when I walked into Magic Kingdom I just fell in love and in wonder. I cried a little bit, not going to lie. It was something that I never thought I'd have and now I'm just to the point of wanting to go back and wishing that I had the money to go again and again every year.

But seriously, it is when I fell in love and now I'm planning our next trip and wishing it was sooner and finally understanding how people can go back year after year without fail (and being insanely jealous that I'm not one of those people).
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
mrunn0080
Earning My Ears

1985 - First Trip

Early December 1985, my first trip anywhere. Airports, planes and the parks were huge and amazing. When getting off the plane in MCO, I could not get over how clean everything was. It was warm get cool smell of Freon filled the air everywhere in florida. The Disney trash cans, epcot center gift shops and chip&dale characters bring back good memories. I loved figments imagination (the original ride). I loved the smell of the perfume on the ride and the smell of the oranges on Horizon. We did re-rides several times, we practically had all the parks with no lines.

My main focus was on how things worked in the parks, I wondered how they could air condition all those buildings without any sign of large AC compressors outside or any noise. I loved the monorail and how futuristic it was. EPCOT was clearly my favorite park.

I liked mainstreet USA, the old time Arcade was my favorite. I could not get enough rides on space mountain or thunder mountain. I really liked the slow rides too, spaceship earth was at the time a very smooth, enjoyable ride.

Being such a little kid at the time, the whole park was humungous. All the new technology, like the video calling booths in epcot to make dinner reservations, made going home like a trip back in time.

Disney made a lasting impression on me and feels like home everytime I visit.
mrunn0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Chinito07
Earning My Ears

My first visit at WDW was on September 2007. I travelled solo and I became an instant fan. Two years ago, my parents visits me here in US and I brought them to Disneyworld. They laugh at me about the plan, but when they had the "disney experience", they told me that they don't know that such place can exist. We had a lot of great memories that they are planning to be back soon.
Chinito07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
FlaNani
Mouseketeer

I was 4 the first time I went to Disney World. At that time you still had to purchase ticket books to ride. I remember sitting in the rented stroller and riding IASM. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I've been since then. I've been hooked my whole life! When I was about 13, my dad surprised me with a daddy & daughter only trip, that was one of my favorite trips. Even through the Alzheimer's my dad remembers that trip, and we talk about it often.
Someday, when we can afford it, my partner and I are going to become DVC members.

FlaNani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #24
GadgetTheInventor
Mouseketeer

My first Disney trip was a day-trip to Disneyland when I was 5.

I have lots of memories of that vacation...getting my TWA wings from the plane's captain, swimming in the pool with my cousins, Camp Pendelton, seeing the Spruce Goose...

My only memory of Disneyland though is that I was standing in the middle of the walkway by a food stand crying because the food was "hurting me", and that it was sunny and hot. Food allergies weren't really well known back then and mine obviously weren't lethal yet.

Maybe I wasn't interested in the park because the 80s were full of Hannah Barbara cartoons and Disneyland rides were themed more towards the movies and not the recent cartoon shows that I watched (Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Bonkers, Fraggle Rock).

There is a positive end to my story though. When I was waiting in the single-rider line for TT at EPCOT this past year, I had a wonderful conversation with an older gentleman who had been in the military for a number of years. Every time that his ship would come into port, he would head up to Disneyland for the day. We might have been separated by 30 years in age, but we had had similar Navy/Disneyland experiences and I heard some amazing stories of traveling the world by boat. I was somewhat sad when the line ended and we had to part ways.
GadgetTheInventor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: