Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Epcot cs

My sister and her husband are going to EPCOT tomorrow to meet up with some old friends there. The friends did not want to do a "sit down" dinner (saving on expenses I think) and so they will simply be grabbing lunch and dinner at CS spots.

Which restaurants are your favs for CS and what do they serve that you like? I'd like to give them some hints on where to go.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

this is our favorite for cs
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=164

in World Showcase, We like to go to Mexico cs, China, or Japan. Morocco has a good CS place also but it is not our type of favorite food...

ALL good for anyone to decide.

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

I love the Tangierene Cafe in Morocco for the chicken and lamb shawarma platter, which is large enough for two people to split at lunch, IMO. DH loves the fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK pavilion. Our recent favourite is Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway. The Norwegian club sandwich is delish! They also have a tempting variety of baked goods for dessert and friendly, helpful CM's. I hope they enjoy wherever they choose to go!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
LBlovesM&WDW
Mouseketeer

We don't do QS too often, but we really like Sunshine Seasons in FW. They have so many choices from soups and salads to Asian, sandwiches a grill and yummy desserts. I can't remember what my family eats, but I love the roasted beet and goat cheese salad.

Another good choice might be the Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie(recently expanded). They have sandwiches, quiche, cheese plates and delicious patries.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
cmsb
Earning My Ears

We enjoyed walking through the World Showcase and picking up something little in each country. There are plenty of options and everyone was happy. In FW, I would go to Sunshine Seasons. There are better choices than the Electric Umbrella and it seemed a little less chaotic.
cmsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Great suggestions everyone! Thanks! I think I'll start writing down an easy list of places suggested so depending on where they are, they can slide on over to one of them.

Sure do wish I was there with them. sigh

Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Norway, the Kringla bakery has really good sandwiches like an open faced salmon w/ egg, a veggie torte, roast beef & cheese sandwich. They also have some nice desserts and beer and wine to accompany! There's a nice outside, covered eating area!

France. Les Halles (Boulangerie/Patisserie) They have ham & cheese on baguettes, Nicoise and Lyonaise salads, and creme brulee, eclairs, Napoleons as well as wine beer etc.

Great Britain, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, serves, you guessed it, fish and chips as well as beer & soda!

Morocco, Tangerine Cafe, We've eaten there since it opened, 20-30 years ago, Schwarma Platter, gosh it can feed 2. Cous-Cous salad, lentil, bread and lamb/chicken gyro meat! Yum Also a lovely little court yard to sit!

Mexico, Cantina de San Angel, has nachos, tacos, empanadas, margaritas, beers soda, churros!

We like to have a really late dinner at Epcot, so lunch is always QS w/ lots of snacking in between!

Honorable mention: China has a stand that sells pork eggrolls, these things are marvelous!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

If they decide to grab a few things to eat around WS, we loved going into Tutto Gusto and have a glass of wine and getting a few appetizers from Tutto Italia.
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
MegN529
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
Norway, the Kringla bakery has really good sandwiches like an open faced salmon w/ egg, a veggie torte, roast beef & cheese sandwich. They also have some nice desserts and beer and wine to accompany! There's a nice outside, covered eating area!

France. Les Halles (Boulangerie/Patisserie) They have ham & cheese on baguettes, Nicoise and Lyonaise salads, and creme brulee, eclairs, Napoleons as well as wine beer etc.

Great Britain, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, serves, you guessed it, fish and chips as well as beer & soda!

Morocco, Tangerine Cafe, We've eaten there since it opened, 20-30 years ago, Schwarma Platter, gosh it can feed 2. Cous-Cous salad, lentil, bread and lamb/chicken gyro meat! Yum Also a lovely little court yard to sit!

Mexico, Cantina de San Angel, has nachos, tacos, empanadas, margaritas, beers soda, churros!

We like to have a really late dinner at Epcot, so lunch is always QS w/ lots of snacking in between!

Honorable mention: China has a stand that sells pork eggrolls, these things are marvelous!
I second the fish & chips! The best i've had!

MegN529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I love CS restaurants, sometimes more than the sit downs! We're not huge foodies and I'd rather spend more time adventuring and walkng around than eating. My fave place ever (besides Earl of Sandwich) is Cantina de San Angel! I love their tacos and I love their chipotle hot salsa. And you an walk over and get some premium margaritas!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
MegN529
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post

I second the fish & chips! The best i've had!

MegN529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I liked the beef tacos at La Cantina in Mexico, the hot dog at Sommerfest in Germany, the combo platter at Katsura Grill in Japan, a Chicken Sharma wrap at the Tangerine Cafe in Morrorro, the Ham and Cheese baguette in France, and the Fish & Chips in the UK. WS is a great place to wonder and nosh all afternoon/evening
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
Ilivetogo

Wow! Fabulous suggestions everyone. Now I'll have to find a way to convey all this info to them! Hopefully they're heading in the park at this moment!! Wooo!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

I would do Sunshine Seasons for lunch and either San Angel or TC for dinner.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Sabz
Earning My Ears

This thread has been super helpful for me and the food at Tangierine Cafe sounds AMAZING. I love hummus! Epcot has a lot of great food choices for CS it seems. I'm going to make a little list
Sabz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: