Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #661
aamsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
If you go to an office store such as office depot, would they print them for you on magnetic sheets, does anyone know?
This is a GREAT question!! I've already purchased some magnetic sheets to print at home ... but now re-thinking (after reading all 44 pages of this thread). I would imagine the cost to have someone else print, even several photos, would be even with the cost of my own in, unfortunately ... we have an older printer, so my confidence in quality is low

It would be a perfect combination if our Staples would print my customized images directly onto magnetic sheets! Maybe I'll give them a call?!

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - February 2015
Disney Wonder - 5 night Western Caribbean - April 2014
All Star Movies Resort - October 2013
Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - April 2013
Disney Magic - 11 night Mediterranean - July 2011
Saratoga Springs - March 2010
Disney's Boardwalk - August 2009
Disney Magic - 7 night Western Caribbean - Thanksgiving 2008
All Star Music Resort - February 2007
Caribbean Beach Resort - February 2001
Fort Wilderness Resort - December 1996
aamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #662
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

My door is the one with all the Mickey heads posted by my mom. I printed them on normal paper, then laminated them, and added magnets to the back. I had a sheet of magnetic paper that was sticky on the back, so I just cut it up into small pieces and stuck a few to each one. They held up perfectly, and are now stuck to my fridge at home
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #663
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

This whole door decorating is fascinating to me. We'll be celebrating DS's bar mitzvah and I'd love to decorate. I'm literally the least craft person on the planet. I do have some Mickey heads but don't just want to slap them on there. Any ideas on how to make cool decals and the like without spending a fortune or making myself crazy? Would that Vinyl lettering work? Ya know the kind people have all over their homes with various sayings? I've got a good friend who does that for a living.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #664
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

You can do whatever your imagination carries as long as you don't use adhesives, damage the door, and/or do anything that requires cleaning to remove it.

Keep in mind the hallways are narrow if anything you use sticks out, and the housekeeping carts have to avoid it.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #665
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamsmom View Post
This is a GREAT question!! I've already purchased some magnetic sheets to print at home ... but now re-thinking (after reading all 44 pages of this thread). I would imagine the cost to have someone else print, even several photos, would be even with the cost of my own in, unfortunately ... we have an older printer, so my confidence in quality is low

It would be a perfect combination if our Staples would print my customized images directly onto magnetic sheets! Maybe I'll give them a call?!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere on here, that commercial printers will not print any trademarked Disney logos or characters.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #666
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaRN View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere on here, that commercial printers will not print any trademarked Disney logos or characters.
On Staples online printing, it asks you to check a box about copyright.
They printed all of mine no problem.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #667
LoveDisneyx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta
This whole door decorating is fascinating to me. We'll be celebrating DS's bar mitzvah and I'd love to decorate. I'm literally the least craft person on the planet. I do have some Mickey heads but don't just want to slap them on there. Any ideas on how to make cool decals and the like without spending a fortune or making myself crazy? Would that Vinyl lettering work? Ya know the kind people have all over their homes with various sayings? I've got a good friend who does that for a living.
I've been having a friend help me with decorating my door (printing out the magnets, making my Fish Extender gifts)...not very cheap, and they still look home made--would be much more efficient if I had a decent computer/printer & had some craft skills (& time!). It will be fun, though!! Good luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #668
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

I love the Mickey Ears and ears with Captain's Hat around the round door number. How can I do that please?
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #669
LoveDisneyx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28
I love the Mickey Ears and ears with Captain's Hat around the round door number. How can I do that please?
Go to: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

This should bring you to all of the "ears" that go over the stateroom door numbers! Good luck! Some have to be printed in sections but it tells you. :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #670
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

So excited, our first DCL cruise is in 3 days!!! I have been very busy printing magnets, and I love how they turned out, but I worry that I may have made the magnets too small. Oh well, if I did I can remake them for the next cruise, right?! I will be sure to post pics when we get back, I made magnets for my room and my cousin's! I love all the tips I got on DIS, and milliepie rocks!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #671
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I see several doors with hanging pockets for each person in the room. I have never been on a Disney cruise before. We'd never hang one of those outside our WDW door. What is the purpose of doing that on a DCL door?

TIA.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #672
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I see several doors with hanging pockets for each person in the room. I have never been on a Disney cruise before. We'd never hang one of those outside our WDW door. What is the purpose of doing that on a DCL door?

TIA.
It's called a Fish Extender (FE). In essence, it is a Secret Santa type of gift exchange.
People can sign up through their cruise meet thread. The people that are involved get the cabin #s, ages and sexes of the others and leave little gifts in the FE during the course of the cruise.

It is called Fish Extender bc it is hung over the fish shaped clip that is located outside the cabin door.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #673
Eeyore Girl
Earning My Ears

Here is a picture of our door on our Disney Wonder 5 night. It was the first time we decorated. I found the images online, my DH printed them at work. We went to a dollar store and bought 2 huge magnets and cut them into strips and double-sided taped them on. Worked wonders!!

Eeyore Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #674
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaRN View Post
It's called a Fish Extender (FE). In essence, it is a Secret Santa type of gift exchange.
People can sign up through their cruise meet thread. The people that are involved get the cabin #s, ages and sexes of the others and leave little gifts in the FE during the course of the cruise.

It is called Fish Extender bc it is hung over the fish shaped clip that is located outside the cabin door.
Thanks ElenaRN! So it's all a DISboards thing? Or does the DCL have something like this?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #675
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

On your average Disney Cruise, what percentage of doors are decorated? Less than 10%? Between 10% and 25%? or more than 25%?

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: