Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #121
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

They HAVE changed the bread pudding, though you probably won't notice the change. I noticed, but I'm a baker and look at every part of a dessert to be able to reproduce it.

What used to be "banana foster sauce" is now caramel. To make up for it, they place sliced bananas on the plate.

There's also a decrease in the amount of cinnamon in the bread itself.

But, once it's all together on the plate, you won't notice any difference whatsoever in the taste. The cinnamon loss is hidden by the extra sweetness of the caramel, and the bananas not being cooked in the sauce makes them a touch harder and thus easier to get on the spoon. All in all, I think the changes are an improvement over the original.

Craig
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #122
Luvin*Livvy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyJ517 View Post
Well evidently not THAT many people have cancelled due to the new menu because I STILL can't get a reservation for our week at the end of April earlier than 8:30pm. I've never gotten to try 'Ohana and I WANT TO BADLY!!

I don't know what the salad was before, but I like fruit in my salad and usually put a lot of it in any salad I make, so that's fine. And since I don't know the original dressing, I guess I won't know a difference!

And I'd be excited I think for more than just broccoli, though I love broccoli.

I would probably want a variety of sauces, I usually like to combine sauces at restaurants such as this, or at a hibachi place, so that's kinda disappointing.

All in all, I still want to go - and CAN'T! Argh.
Keep trying online....I had the same problem in March last year...and also can't get anything earlier than 8:15 last week in April/beginning of May of this year...but I keep trying! Last year I got at a 5:30 the week before we left! So it's def possible! GOOD LUCK!

Mommy to Olivia (7) & Ava(4)*~*~

Our 2012 Trip Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqhCZ9Y8Ds For mobile devices you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/59347155
Luvin*Livvy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #123
kbuck
Mouseketeer

Location: was Chalmette, LA now Pearl River, LA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

We asked for other sauces and werewolf they don't have them any more. No sweet sauce on
Potstickers. We eye there Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #124
rainynight
Mouseketeer

No!!! I love Ohana!

What sauce is on their potstickers now? The whole reason I love the place is for the noodles and potstickers.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #125
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight View Post
No!!! I love Ohana!

What sauce is on their potstickers now? The whole reason I love the place is for the noodles and potstickers.
I was wondering this also. If they took the sweet and sour away, what are they served with now?

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #126
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuck View Post
We asked for other sauces and werewolf they don't have them any more. No sweet sauce on
Potstickers. We eye there Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wait there was no sauce at all on the potstickers????

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #127
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

^^^^^^ what she said

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #128
SmileEar2Ear
Mouseketeer

There is still sauce on the potstickers. I didn't dissect it, but I would say it was a sweet and sour glaze. Just as delicious as always!! I think people are reading too much into the very minor changes. Ohana has always been a favorite for us. We went right when the changes were made (before this thread even existed). Yes, I realized a few things were different, but my meal was just as delicious as before!
SmileEar2Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #129
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileEar2Ear
There is still sauce on the potstickers. I didn't dissect it, but I would say it was a sweet and sour glaze. Just as delicious as always!! I think people are reading too much into the very minor changes. Ohana has always been a favorite for us. We went right when the changes were made (before this thread even existed). Yes, I realized a few things were different, but my meal was just as delicious as before!
This...we BARELY noticed the changes and Ohana is our favorite restaurant. Still is!

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #130
POLYFAN4LIFE
I'm only slightly addicted

The menu changes don't sound that bad to me. Ohana is our entire family's favorite place to eat in all of WDW. We have eaten there every time we vacation in WDW. I have yet to have a bad experience there. We will be making our ADR's in two days and you can bet Ohana will be on the list! I am optimistic these minor changes will only make the experience better.

1989 offsite..Honeymoon, 1994 Dixie Landings, 1996 CBR, 2001 CBR, 2006 CBR, 2007 BWI, 2009 POLY, 2010 POLY, 2011 POLY

POLYFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #131
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

They do have sweet & sour. I requested and received some on 2/3. They may not want to give it out, but it is there. I guess it depends on the server. I just posted our Ohana dinner as part of my dining review in that forum yesterday if anyone wants to see it. I included the sauce in there. My server said it was the same as what was on the potstickers.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #132
sissy1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigInPA View Post
They HAVE changed the bread pudding, though you probably won't notice the change. I noticed, but I'm a baker and look at every part of a dessert to be able to reproduce it.

What used to be "banana foster sauce" is now caramel. To make up for it, they place sliced bananas on the plate.

There's also a decrease in the amount of cinnamon in the bread itself.

But, once it's all together on the plate, you won't notice any difference whatsoever in the taste. The cinnamon loss is hidden by the extra sweetness of the caramel, and the bananas not being cooked in the sauce makes them a touch harder and thus easier to get on the spoon. All in all, I think the changes are an improvement over the original.

Craig
We were just there last week and the bread pudding did have the banana foster sauce and there were not any bananas on the side...maybe they went back to the original recipe
ME DH DS DD DDIL DGD FRIEND-Port Orleans Riverside Sept. 2011
ME DH Bay Lake Towers - Feb. 2012,
ME DH DGD-Bay Lake Towers- May 2012
ME DH DD FRIEND-Bay Lake Towers- Dec.2012
ME DH DGD- Wilderness Lodge- Feb. 2013
ME DH Boardwalk Villas- Sept-Oct 2013 for F&W
ME DH DD FRIEND- BLT-Dec. 2013 for Christmas- CANCELLED
ME DH-ANIMAL KINGDOM JAMBO HOUSE-FEB. 2014

GOING HOME
ME DH-BOARDWALK VILLAS-SEPT.-OCT. 2014 for F&W
ME DH-Bay Lake Towers- Dec. 2014 for Christmas
sissy1 is offline   Reply With Quote