Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #1636
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
Hmm... pretty sure I already know the answer to this but oh well...

I booked our trip last Wednesday and we leave on March 1st. Made the DME reservation the same day, have the confirmation e-mail and everything. Am I pretty correct to assume our DME luggage tags won't arrive in time? Should I call and ask for everything to be over nighted if they tell me nothing's been sent?
DME says they need at least 10 days to print and send out DME packets. You 'should' be okay. I'm not sure that Disney will overnight a packet when it is the guest who made last minute travel plans. They will sometimes overnight the packet if DME or Disney somehow messed up.
You really don't 'have' to have the packet. You can either go to baggage claim and get your own bags and then take them to the DME area, go to the counter and have your vouchers printed out, or head directly to DME, give them your baggage claim receipts and a description of your bags and get your vouchers printed up. Then, you go to the bus, and they send someone to get your bags and deliver them to your resort for you.
Up to you to decide what you prefer to do if your packet doesn't get to you in time.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #1637
johnnydakota
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to update on my situation which was I had booked the trip for March 1st, last Wednesday (a bit over 3 weeks ahead) and was wondering if we would get the DME luggage tags in time. I had made the reservation on DME's website but just wanted to me sure. I called DME directly and she asked if I had my hotel confirmation number, I gave it to her and she asked me if I booked directly through them and I told her no, I had booked with Southwest Vacations. She informed me that they didn't have my DME reservations in yet but made them there and said I should receive the tags and whatnot in 7-10 days. I made the call tonight around 5:30pm central time. I'll report when I get them in case it helps ease someone else in my situation.
johnnydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #1638
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

We continue to hear about issues with DME not getting info when a guest books with a third party...travel agent, etc. It would seem that even if you try to book DME yourself, online, it still isn't going to work because you technically don't 'have' a reservation. The TA has a reservation. Drives me nuts...this is why I no longer use TAs to book my travel.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #1639
lscarb
Mouseketeer

We are traveling tomorrow morning with no DME tags, Is it better to collect the luggage ourselves and then go to the DME counter or just bring them out stubs from the airline?
If we do collect them ourselves do we then take them on the bus or will the transport them seperately!
I loke being able to go right to the resort and to a park and not worry about the bags till I come back later in the evening!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #1640
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscarb View Post
We are traveling tomorrow morning with no DME tags, Is it better to collect the luggage ourselves and then go to the DME counter or just bring them out stubs from the airline?
If we do collect them ourselves do we then take them on the bus or will the transport them seperately!
I loke being able to go right to the resort and to a park and not worry about the bags till I come back later in the evening!
Which is better is really up to you. Since you like not having to worry about the bags, I would just let DME get your luggage. If you do decide to get it yourself, your luggage will get stored under your bus and you should tip the driver for handling it.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #1641
DaisysWorld
Earning My Ears

international flights

we got our tags in the mail, but someone told me that since we are flying in from Canada, we have to claim our luggage ourselves, go through customs and go to the counter. Would anyone have any experience / information about that?
DaisysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #1642
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisysWorld View Post
we got our tags in the mail, but someone told me that since we are flying in from Canada, we have to claim our luggage ourselves, go through customs and go to the counter. Would anyone have any experience / information about that?
It depends where you're flying from. I've read of numerous folks who report they clear U.S. Customs at their Canadian airport, so that when they land they just walk off the plane as if it's a domestic flight because they already went through U.S. Customs before they took off from their home airport.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #1643
johnnydakota
Earning My Ears

Regarding my last posts on here, I received an e-mail on the 18th confirming my phone reservation with DME I had made a few days prior. After some bad weather and a couple of days with no mail delivery, I received the luggage tags today and for some reason they also sent a 2nd set of tags... maybe I requested them by mistake? Ha. I'm in the midwest, if that helps anybody with timing.

So basically, if you book with a 3rd party like I did, make a reservation by phone and not on the website. That way you're sure they get your reservation in and take care of your tags.
johnnydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #1644
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.
I just popped over here with the same question. When we went last spring we got our DME vouchers and tags right in our Disney packet (the one with the hotel info and vouchers/bonus coupons). I think at the time they were just starting to do that. Today we got our pack for this year's trip and DME is listed on the first page with a note that the tags may be included or may be shipped separately. We've had DME on our ressie since we made it last summer. I'll be keeping any eye out for a seperate DME packet.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #1645
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Just coming back to update from my prior post.

Our DME packet came today. We are doing a split stay and the packet that arrived today was for the second half of our stay (return to airport). I figured it'd be worth a call down to make sure the packet for the first part of our stay is on the way since that is the one I'm really concerned about in terms of the luggage tags.

I'm glad I called because they did not have us in the system for the first part of our stay! This is inspite of the fact that DME/our flight info appears on my confirmations (I booked directly with Disney online) AND I had called the regular reservations line last week to confirm DME was on our ressie because it was not showing up on My Disney Experience (the CM said it was there).

The DME CM who helped me was wonderful and is resending what she says will be one combined booklet for both the arrival and the return, along with luggage tags. I didn't realize they could do combined books for split stays, so that's nice as it's one less thing to pack.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #1646
tj2002
Earning My Ears

I booked my vacation through FunJet and made my DME reservations online 3 months ago. I still haven't received my luggage tags in the mail and my trip is less than 30 days away. I phoned DME and they didn't have my reservation in their system. They told me I should be receiving the packet in the mail 7-10 business days from today. So glad I read this thread. Thanks for everyone who said calling to confirm is the best way to ensure you have a reservation.

tj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #1647
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
I just popped over here with the same question. When we went last spring we got our DME vouchers and tags right in our Disney packet (the one with the hotel info and vouchers/bonus coupons). I think at the time they were just starting to do that. Today we got our pack for this year's trip and DME is listed on the first page with a note that the tags may be included or may be shipped separately. We've had DME on our ressie since we made it last summer. I'll be keeping any eye out for a seperate DME packet.
I have the same thing on our booklet. I called DME and they said that their system shows they never sent the tags. They are sending them express (we leave in 10 days).

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #1648
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

There is defintly something wrong with ME lately. I booked my April flight back in Oct. I called to give my flight info to ME and they sent my booklet and tags out then. I got those before my Dec. 2012 trip. I called and was told not to use them. Then when my new tags should have come a few weks ago... nothing. I called and they sent them out last week.
Nancy
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1649
jojosam
Mouseketeer

I booked our trip for my family of 4 (we are driving) and my SIL and nephew who will be flying. I gave the flight info to the CM when I booked so that SIL can use ME. My question is: how far in advance do they send out the ME packet, and will I have enough time to forward it to SIL or should I call ME and have them sent directly to her address. Should everything go smoothly, how far in advance to they send out the packet?
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #1650
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
I booked our trip for my family of 4 (we are driving) and my SIL and nephew who will be flying. I gave the flight info to the CM when I booked so that SIL can use ME. My question is: how far in advance do they send out the ME packet, and will I have enough time to forward it to SIL or should I call ME and have them sent directly to her address. Should everything go smoothly, how far in advance to they send out the packet?
DME will send it only to the primary person....the one who made the reservation. They usually send out the packets about 3-4 weeks prior to travel.
If, for some reason, you don't get the packet, just tell your SIL to go to baggage claim, get their bags, and then go to DME checkin. They will need ID, but DME will then print them out new bus vouchers and off they go, bags in hand, to the resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: