Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Can I ask a question for those who have use DU?

I am wondering, can I ask for a quote for more than 1 cruise (2 different destinations?) with DU? I am PRETTY sure I want to go to Alaska, but I'm also on the fence about making it a Mediterranean one. Curious as to what the price difference will be and if they were close, well then I'd have a lot more to think about

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't think it would be a problem, just fill out 2 different quote forms online. However, you can look up the prices online as soon as they are posted on Thursday, compare the two, decide which one you want and if you want to book with DU, fill out the online quote form with all your info and room category you want and they will put it on hold for you when they give you the price. The price will be exactly the same as with DCL. Hope this helps.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I wouldn't think it would be a problem, just fill out 2 different quote forms online. However, you can look up the prices online as soon as they are posted on Thursday, compare the two, decide which one you want and if you want to book with DU, fill out the online quote form with all your info and room category you want and they will put it on hold for you when they give you the price. The price will be exactly the same as with DCL. Hope this helps.
yes that does help thank you!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
yes that does help thank you!
If you do get a quote from DU first, you may want to specify which cruise is your first choice and let them know that you are requesting more than one quote because they put a room on hold for you and you may not need a hold on both.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
pequele

Quote:
If you do get a quote from DU first, you may want to specify which cruise is your first choice and let them know that you are requesting more than one quote because they put a room on hold for you and you may not need a hold on both.
ok. I will assume they will tell me which they are quoting? I mean one is Alaska and one is Med but they won't just send me a dollar amount and nothing more will they?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
tweis
DIS Veteran

I would think that they would specify which amount went with which cruise. My DU TA just ask me to specify which cruise is my first choice on the quote form so they won't put a hold on both rooms. But I will probably check prices on DCL then get a quote from DU on the cruise I actually want. But if you want a quote from them for both I would fill out the form for the one I am most interested in and make a note on the form that you also want a quote for the other cruise also.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
pequele

Quote:
I would think that they would specify which amount went with which cruise. My DU TA just ask me to specify which cruise is my first choice on the quote form so they won't put a hold on both rooms. But I will probably check prices on DCL then get a quote from DU on the cruise I actually want. But if you want a quote from them for both I would fill out the form for the one I am most interested in and make a note on the form that you also want a quote for the other cruise also.
I already submitted them both, but I will let them know when they contact me. I think it is a little funny though that I got one "generic" email back with the 1st one (you know the one saying they will get back to me) but I didn't get one for the second Oh well, the 1st one submitted is the one I think will be the winner anyway. Hopefully I put my email in right the second time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: