Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #46
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

DAY 3 - Friday 26th October 2012.

Today saw us up at 7am and all excited for a fun day at DCA abd our first ever look at Cars Land. We knew we had to get to park early so we get the elusive Radiator Springs Racers fast passes. So, no breakfast for us today and we arrived at DCA at 8am. It was an early entry day so we knew we would have to be lucky to get a fast pass as the park would have already been open for an hour! In we went, and of course made a bee line for the......................wait, what are ALL those people lining up half way down the street for
Oh my word, I mean I knew we would have to line up, but this was a line for a fast pass that would enable to stand in another line Ok, we joined the masses of people and I am happy to say the line moved consistently. All up we were in the line for 15 minutes so it wasn't too bad after all! And this was the result................

Big smiles all round and boy where we excited! Right, what shall be the first ride...................Toy Story of course! Off we went with our fast passes safely stashed in our bag and with a song in our heart. After all, we were in the land of the mouse and friends!!!!

With a short wait of only 10 minutes, we had a blast on the ride and I got beat by the ever efficient DD. Looks like a re match will just have to be on the cards!!! Next it was off to King Triton's Carousel as it was another ride we needed to cross off the "go on every attraction" list!

Quite cute and I love the detail. I rode in the seat they had so I could take some pictures.............

Loved the real pipes!

And my seat

Ok, so where too next?! Well, we were right next to California Screamin' so off we went to line up. Only waited for 5 minutes and we were on! A bit disappointed as the music in our carriage was not working. Oh well, would just have to make up for it another time

The next stop on our way around Paradise Pier was not something I was looking forward to at all! I don't mind heights at all, but there is just something about Mickey's Fun Wheel that has me all a flutter! So I thought as I had to go on it ( yep, back to THE list!!! ) a nice non swing carriage would be the lesser of two evils! Ha, that was like asking DD if she was ready to go home!!!! So with a feeling of trepidation we walked straight on to a swinging carriage! I swear if it had of been any other ride we would have had to line up for ages and at least I would have had time to get use to the idea! But not this time

Up we went.............

Yes, I understand "it's a lovely view from up here Mum", but I was glad when it was over!!!! A big tick off the list for THAT ride!!!!

Right, next up was a another walk on to Silly Symphony Swings. I was a little hesitant with this one as I had never actually been on it before. But, I loved it and stuck my hands out like I was flying and was a little kid again!
Next was a 5 minute wait for Goofy's Sky School. Another ride neither of us had been on as it was not running on our last trip. We both enjoyed it and it was another tick off the list!
It seemed it was a morning of firsts as we headed up to The Little Mermaid as this was another ride we had not done previously as it was not finished on the previous trip! So, we rode it twice in a row with no wait at all! In fact, I don't think I ever saw a long line for this in the whole time we were there! I have to say I think it is very well done but the thing I liked most is the authentic music from the movie as you are going around. It just made it seem all the more "real"!!!

And can you believe we have done all of the above and it was only 10:20am! What a fabulous start to our day!!!
Soarin' was next on our way around and again we were lucky enough to find another walk on!!!! I absolutely adore this ride.............I just love it! DD on the other hand can take it or leave it!!!
So after our trip over California DD decided it was time for some nourishment so we popped in to Taste Pilots Grill and she had some cheesy fries topped with sour cream. I had a couple too, they were yummy!

Now at this point we were getting quite excited as were nearly ready to see Cars Land for the first time. I had imagined over and over how I would react and would it really be as good as all the hype..................well, there are no words really. This place really is like walking into the movie. The attention to detail is like nothing I have ever seen before............we were completely in awe. For anyone reading that is thinking of going.................think no more, just go!!!! You will so glad you did. I must admit I was also thinking of DH here and how much he would love it!!! So glad I will be able to show him all the wonders of Radiator Springs on our trip next year!!!!

We found the entrance and in we went in the FP line much to the envy of those poor souls waiting in the stand by line!

I just wanted to take pictures of, well, everything!!!!!

In the queue............

Nice pun here don't you think!!!!

A shot of the stand by line!

To say it was amazing was an under statement! I never thought in a million years that there would ever be any ride that would rival my mansion as my favourite. Let me tell you folks, this comes very very very close! This would be the first of 3 times we would ride and each time I fell in love/awe just a little bit more...................Kachow!!!!!!

Continued next post...............

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 04-08-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #47
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post..................

And here we are with the main characters themselves!!!!

Next up we lined up to take a twirl with Mater at the Junkyard Jamboree!!! I actually bought the Cars Land CD and I have to say that I sing the Junkyard Jamboree song all the time! It's a fantastic CD and has music that is played in Cars Land plus the ride music for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree all sung by Larry The Cable Guy himself! It also has the full ride from start to finish for Radiator Springs Racers too! Love it!!!

In and around Mater's....

The ride vehicles!!!

This is fun, but very short! And very jerky! Poor DD had me slam into her a few times a it twirled us around! And it was super hot today so quite hot as it is very exposed with no shade or cover over the ride itself!

A pic taken from Cars Land.....

Then we were off for what was the first of many trips up and down the elevator shaft for Tower of Terror! DD just could not get enough of this and there was never much of a line up for the whole trip!

Our ride pic!

Just as a side note. I had purchased the Photpass Plus before we left Australia and I gotta say it was some of the best money I have ever spent! As well as getting all the pics that the Photopass photographers take, you also get every ride pic as a digital download and a hard copy of the pic they take if you do any of the character meals! We saved a fortune with it and I will always do it for our future trips!

Next up was Monsters Inc which like other things today was a walk on. We love this ride especially when Roz talks to you at the end. She actually wanted to know where I got my glasses LOL!!!! Then it was off to visit those lovable Muppets. Ya just gotta love Kermit and his friends. And did I mention it was busy.........................!!!!!!!!!

Yep, we practically had the place to ourselves! Well we did to start with and then there may have been 15 people in the theatre if that!!!!

Love this pic!

I checked my watch and was shocked to see it was only 1:10pm! We had done soooooo much in such a short space of time! It turned out that this was to be one of the best days we have ever had at DCA!

The Beasts Library was next........

The imagery on the wall is just wonderful and they have some pretty cool light fixtures too!

This area is just so interactive. DD decided to see which character she was most like......

Not a bad thing at all being like Alice! As long as she doesn't get lost in Wonderland that is!!!

On the way in we saw the Frankenweenie exhibition. I really wish I had taken more pics as I have seen the movie since we went and I just loved it! I even got a Frankenweenie watch for Christmas! But here is the one that I did take.

Next up.............time for some refreshments and Cars Land at night!

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 04-08-2013 at 04:23 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #48
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

What an awesome day so far! You were so lucky with the lines (or lack there-of). Was everyone in Carsland?

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #49
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

wow i am loving your tr and the no lines thing would have made it even more special
Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

your TR looks like you had an amazing time!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #51
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

What a fabulous day! You really raced through the rides. I can't believe how many you got through in such a short period of time. Yes, we aren't just thinking about doing Carsland we are going to do it! September here we come!

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #52
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

Great Report

Great report so far!

It looks like you did an amazing amount of things!

We debated and did San Francisco instead on those exact same days.

ME 43: DF 43: DD 14. DD 12 DGP.DGMA
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #53
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Wow - you are really racing around this day and getting so much done. How cool that is.

Enjoying it all so far - especially all your firsts!!

I was interested to hear your take on the photopass plus. My sis and I are going over in June and were wondering if it was a good idea and worth it to get it but from your comments and a few others I've read it sounds well worth it.

cheers

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #54
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
What an awesome day so far! You were so lucky with the lines (or lack there-of). Was everyone in Carsland?
Ha ha, yes, I think everyone may have been in Carsland!!! We just had the best day, and there is still more of it to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
wow i am loving your tr and the no lines thing would have made it even more special
Glad you are loving the report! And yes, having no lines was a super bonus! We really couldn't believe how lucky we were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
your TR looks like you had an amazing time!
We did have an amazing time! Thanks so much for coming along, it's nice to know I am not just writing this for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
What a fabulous day! You really raced through the rides. I can't believe how many you got through in such a short period of time. Yes, we aren't just thinking about doing Carsland we are going to do it! September here we come!
It really was amazing to think we could do all we did in such a short space of time! And you will absloutely adore Carsland, it really is better than all the pictures. You will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBearFriends View Post
Great report so far!

It looks like you did an amazing amount of things!

We debated and did San Francisco instead on those exact same days.
Thanks so much for coming along! Ah San Francisco..............love the place but it was not on the schedule for this trip............next year however!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Wow - you are really racing around this day and getting so much done. How cool that is.

Enjoying it all so far - especially all your firsts!!

I was interested to hear your take on the photopass plus. My sis and I are going over in June and were wondering if it was a good idea and worth it to get it but from your comments and a few others I've read it sounds well worth it.

cheers
I am so glad you are enjoying the report! We have a few more firsts to come and we had lots of fum crossing things off our list as we did them! And yes, the Photopass plus was worth every cent!!! You will not regret getting it! Every Photopass photographer we came across was great and we posed for as many as we saw!!! I also love how you can edit all the pics by adding borders and making them a little bit special!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #55
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I love your TR so far!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #56
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Well, firstly let me start by saying I am sorry I have not updated for some time. Life gets hectic at times, but never fear my faithful readers, I am back!!!! ( now you have to say that part with your best Arnold Schwarzeneger accent!!! )

So, we will get to the end of this Halloween journey in style!

BEFORE I do that though.....................exciting news ( hint in my ticker!!! ). We are going to be in Disneyland again in September...................THIS YEAR!!!!!

Oh my word, I am just soooooooooooooo excited. I never thought in a million years that we would be lucky enough to be returning so soon. As our annual passes do not expire until the end of October, DH thought it would be a great idea for us to get some use from them and really, who am I to argue! So, we are departing Sydney on September 5th and will be visiting our happy place for 12 nights. We will not be doing anything else, just getting our fill of our favourite place for 12 whole wonderful days! We will have to make it last as we won't be back to the USA again until the end of 2015.
We have DD's final 2 years of school in 2014 and 2015 so we really don't want anything to upset her study.

Now, on with the show!!!

I last left you and we had been having a simply amazing time at DCA. We finished up in the Off The Page store and did some shopping. It was then over to Award Weiners for something to eat. They had a Frankenweenie dog and drink combo that was only available for a limited time and I wish I had had another one.................delicious!!!

I had bought some Disneyland books I did not have yet and we wanted them to hold them for us until later so we didn't have to carry them around. We just had to take our packages to Elias & Co and then we were off again. This time we caught the 2.20pm show of Aladdin and this was to be the first of 2 times we caught the show. We adore this show and especially the Genie who has current material as part of his jokes. He even was dancing Gangham style!!!!!

So, it was about then we decided to jump over to Disneyland. Rode Pirates, got a FP for Star Tours as DD was still hoping to be the Rebel Spy. No such luck again ( sigh! ) and we also rode Matterhorn.
There is a lot of talk about the new seats in the Matterhorn and the talk is right! It really is extremely cramped and very, very bumpy. But, we thought it just made it all part of the experince!

As it was an early closing night for Disneyland due to a Halloween party, we headed back over to DCA with around a million other people who all had the same idea! It was just too busy to do anything, so we shared a yummy sundae from Ghiradelli's....................

Wandered around then taking in the awsomeness of Carsland at night..............

Strolled back to the motel with our shopping and chatting about how we had had such a magical day. Skyped the family back home for half an hour and finally hit the hay at around 12:15am. We had to be up early for our day into LA the next day!

DAY 4 - Saturday 27th October

Up bright and early at 7am as silly me had forgot to ring the bus company and confirm our trip So, I needed to ring as soon as the office opened. Lucky for us, we were all good and the lady confrimed we would be picked up around 8:50am. Got ready and headed down to wait for our pick up which was right on time.

From the bus window

Had a great lady bus driver and we arrived in downtown LA and went straight to Madame Tussauds where we had an absolute ball. So they say a picture speaks a thousand words................

With Mr Depp

Zac Effron

That shower scene!!!

From one scary scene to another............

Why it's Greased Lightening!!!

Home...........

Life really is like a box of chocolates!

Excuse me Tiger, but I do think this one would be much better!!!!!

From one Sue to another!!!!

This place was just amazing! We had so much fun and I literally have hundreds of pics! We had to keep our eye on the time as we had a date with Jack.....................Mr Skellington that is! The Nightmare Before Christmas just happened to be playing in 4D at the El Capitan theatre and there was no way I was going to miss it!
We grabbed a few souvenirs from the gift shop at Madame Tussauds and headed across the road to the theatre. There was quite a line up but we were not worried as I had pre purchased our tickets. We had front row seats in the balcony and I can remember how moved I was to be in this theatre and seeing Jack on the big screen.........................heaven!
I loved the way the theatre was decorated for Halloween.........

And the organist was playing all the songs from the movie! And when it was time for the show to start, he disappeared into the floor!

There was snow and fog and it really was just wonderful. Another special memory I will treasure......

Continued...............

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 04-08-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #57
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

After the movie had finished we wanted to get a bite to eat at the Soda Fountain store. We had to wait a few minutes for a table but that was ok!

DD had some fries and we thought what they did with the sauce was too cute!

I had an orange float

And DD had a pin traders delight.......

Jack was advertised on the walls.........

And advertised outside too!!!

We did some souvenir shopping after we were done and wandered across the road to check out the footprints outside the Chinese theatre. I didn't take any pics of any of the stars on the sidewalk as we had done loads of them in the previous trip.

It was soon time for our 4pm pick up and we had a very special ADR that we had been waiting for for months! So, we were dropped back at the Ho Jo and had time for a quick freshen up and then it was staright up to Disneyland for our dinner reservation at our most favourite..............Big Thunder Ranch BBQ! Honestly we had been talking about this for months!!! And, it did not disappoint!!!! They sure were busy though as we had to wait for 30 minutes before we were seated. It's something as Australians we find hard to get used to sometimes as if you make a reservation here for 7.30, you get seated at 7.30! Not like in America, you can have a reservation and still have to wait for ages! BUT, we were more than happy to wait!!!

Yummo!!!

And those ribs are just her thing!!!!

We rode Alice in Wondrland with a 20 minute wait and then went off for our first trip to Neverland. What is it with this ride and it being so popular? It goes for such a short time but the line is always soooooo long. But, we needed to cross it off our list so we waited in line for 30 minutes. It came to be the catch phrase of the trip " So, what's the wait time for Peter Pan " and then we fell round laughing at our "in" joke!!! We still text it to each other for a giggle every now and again!!!

We were on a mission to get a good spot for Fantasmic!, and on our way over we gave a FP we had for Big Thunder to a nice couple! Didn't do so well with F! though. I forgot just how popular this show is and the place was packed before we got there. So, we just stood at the back and watched what we could see through the throngs of people. We had already decided to stick around to watch the fireworks. We noticed something was a tad not right as the first thing we heard was jack Skellington welcoming everyone to Halloween. We were quite puzzled as these fireworks are supposed to be only on at the Halloween parties. But, this was definitely them. We couldn't see all the spectacle in front of the castle of course but we watched any way. We were to find out later why they were on that night. The previous night was a Halloween party night and due to bad weather they could not let them off. So rather than waste them, they let them off on the Saturday night. We were chatting to very nice cast member who told us that once the fireworks are loaded, they have to be used. So all those people really were lucky to see them on a non party night!

Once the crowd had thinned out, we caught the show at the Tiki Room and sang along just like the birdies do!

We thought we would head around to Fantasyland and we rode Mr Toad and Pinocchio. Then it was back to ride Pirates and finished the night of with the Haunted Mansion which completed a wonderful day full of Jack!!!!

Left the park at midnight. Had another early morning the next day as we had breakfast reservations with Mickey and friends!

More soon with our first of 2 Halloween partis not too far away!!!

Thanks for sticking with me

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 04-08-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #58
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

We are going again in Sept I believe the 12-15. Dh's Birthday is the 13th and I saw they are doing something special for that Friday the 13th. Maybe we will meet again.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #59
AussieDisneyNut
Mouseketeer

Lucky you with another trip in September to look forward to!

I think one of the best bits of your trip must have been the time you had to look around and enjoy the atmosphere. Often, we overseas visitors are rushing around so much just to try out the rides, that we miss the little things.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #60
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
We are going again in Sept I believe the 12-15. Dh's Birthday is the 13th and I saw they are doing something special for that Friday the 13th. Maybe we will meet again.
Well that would just be great if we happened to bump into each other again! I will be having shirts done again for this trip so I will keep you posted!!! And yes, I have also seen that they are planning something villainish for Friday the 13th and one of those is keeping the park open until the 13th hour ( so 1 am ), now that should be fun and hopefully you will get to catch up with Maleficent again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
Lucky you with another trip in September to look forward to!

I think one of the best bits of your trip must have been the time you had to look around and enjoy the atmosphere. Often, we overseas visitors are rushing around so much just to try out the rides, that we miss the little things.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
We do feel extremely lucky to get back again so soon I will be having some more of those just wander around days again this trip too. I find it to be someting I look forward to and one can never have enough photos!!!

More real soon! Thanks for following along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: